How do other countries survive?

In the UK, we're lucky, we don't have all these deadly animals and humongous spiders and bugs.
Places like USA, Australia, and majority of other countries have fucked up shit like bears, crocodiles, alligators and more.
Then you've got spiders! Massive ones like tarantulas and huntsman spiders.
How do other countries survive?
How the fuck do you live amongst things like this?

Then I've seen videos of crocodiles in people's pools. Bears in people's back gardens. Huge spiders on people's bedroom ceilings.

I worry for the world's safety and sanity. I would die.
Some guy in America told me stories of the huge spiders he found in many homes while he was an electrician. And America isn't even as bad as other countries. How the fuck do you guys live? Are you OK?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've always considered it as evidence that we, the Brits, are God's chosen people. We even have milder winters because God decided we should be shielded by the Gulf stream. All those nasties are basically evidence of God's displeasure with other countries, particularly Australia, which is especially carnal and godless! Well, it is towards the depths, the bowels of the Earth, what should one expect I guess!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm more curious how people in Brazil and Australia don't die more often. After watching the animal planet channel and other videos. Holy shit they have some dangerous animals in the world. O. O

• Omg I know. And the worst bit is in places like Brazil a tiny bug can be really deadly. You could go to sleep one night not knowing one has snuck into your bed, it bites you in your sleep, then you're dead.
      I don't know how everybody is still alive there. Even if they don't get bitten, just seeing one could give them a heart attack or something.

• Yeah I read that in Brazil that there is a caterpillar. If you are stung by the spikes on it. You end up bleeding from ever hole in your body. So from your ears, eyes, nose, mouth, etc. Then you die.

• 😨😰 that's messed up. I'm sure they've also got that fish that's attracted to pee and swims up urethras too. There's one that's attracted to small fruit and nuts that fall from trees surrounding the water too... and when a guy has on loose shorts... Well, it might not be nice for him.
      I swear if I lived in those kind of places, I would do anything I could to get a visa/green card and get the hell out of there as soon as I could.

What Guys Said 15

• Humanity survived ice ages, plagues, wars, being hunted by predators and catastrophic natural disasters and you're worried about bugs and animals? Come on! We're better than that! :)

• when you see a bear, instead of going towards it, walk the other way. usually, people tend to go away from danger :P

• Well Americans have guns.
    I'm not sure if that helps.

Everything is nice and peaceful in New Zealand.

• Bears aren't as dangerous as people think. I don't live anywhere near alligators, and I've seen one dangerous spider, it's dead.

• You want to know how I survive? I am afraid of spiders but when I have my trusty broom, excalibroom, (basically excalibur but a broom), and my tissue box, as well as large boots, I can slay even the grosses spider with out screaming and running for my mother. (I actually have a broom and a tissue box, the tissues come in handy for clean up)

• It's not that hard. You just have to try to keep a safe distance from any animals that can maim or kill you. I've seen bears and different types of dangerous venomous snakes but I just gave them space and I survived

• Crocodiles and bears are territorial creatures, especially around their young. So keep your distance from them and you should be fine. Some animals even give out warning roars/growls if you venture too close for comfort.

Spiders normally only attack if they feel provoked or endangered, even the bigger ones. Don't touch them, just leave them be and they won't bite. It's the same with even the more aggressive ones.

You just need to be smart around them to survive, basically.

• Generally if you leave them alone, they leave you alone.

• No, they can jump on you. In the UK, our spiders are like kittens vs lions compared to other countries spiders, and one even chased me here before. I think they can smell fear like dogs can. And what if one hides in your shoe and you don't know, then you put your shoe on!

• That happened to a guy I knew actually.

He had a funnel web spider in his shoe on a day long train journey. It wasn't till he stood up that it bit him.
      They managed to save him but he was a shell of his former self afterwards

• Was wondering the same thing. I travel a lot in Europe and I had a few lizards and a snake in my bathroom but I had no idea what to do other then close the door haha. I reported this and they gave me a new room :)

• Haha just pictured the scene. Opens door, sees snake, calmly backs out and closes the door, goes down to reception to let them know.
      It's so crazy that in all those countries this is just a normal thing. They'll just be like ah, another damn snake, let's catch it and get it out of here.

• Yea well Im a really calm person so that sort of helped a lot.

• It's not very common for those things to happen.

• i live in pakistan, there are completely different types of wild animals here, who "fly" planes

• Wow that's a freakishly ugly bug 😦

• lol I live in Morocco and I've never seen a spider bigger than a fly , no animals no nothing. . .

• No spiders in UK? How's it possible?

Anyway if I see a spider... I'll just kill it... no prob wid it... I'd not be afraid to live just coz of a spider...

• You need to calm the fuck down, is what you need to do. It ain that bad, really. Besides, didn't you hear about that guy who threw an alligator at a Wendy's window because they got his order wrong

• A guy threw an alligator at a Wendy's window? Wtf haha... where was this? That is crazy. But see, proves my point. Where else you gonna find an alligator to use as a weapon.

• Anywhere

What Girls Said 6

• I'm European living in Australia and I can promise you that I've never ever seen a huntsman spider or any other huge bugs in here, not even once or from a far. These animals are sooo rare and even if they would bite you sure as hell wouldn't die from it. And yes, I've been to the rainforest & outback here. 😅

• lol you're funny. no, I seriously smiled. they aren't everywhere. and there are guns and shovels and shoes and things to kill anything that tries to hurt humans. I think there are more people then dangerous animals; or at least we are stronger then them.

• Well thanks for the worry just last week when I was driving home from school a coyote walked in front of my car. Don't worry about us we have guns 😀

• "Are You Ok?" 😂 Honestly, I wish we didn't have so many bugs out here, no we're not okay.. if you're reading this, send help.

• Well yeah we share the world with wildlife too so it's not surprising to see them pop up every once in a while in PR around our homes. I'm not saying I like it but it's just gonna happen. Now the most extreme stuff I've seen in my house are insects, and we used to have mice and lizards but you just have to deal with. Buy some poiso, set down some traps and you're good. Now I don't live where there are alligators and bears so I don't see any of that. But I feel for the people who do.

• Aww but then they'll be dead and their family will be sad 😔
      Yea, i saw another video just now of a guy who had a snow leopard or something like that pawing at his glass door and his little kitty cat just looking out at it.

• They know how to handle them through years of adaptation