What is your favorite horror movie?

Most Helpful Guy

• The Exorcist scarred me when I saw it as a kid 😦
    The Shining because it's weird af
    Halloween is another classic
    The first half of Insidious has pretty good jump scares
    The Japanese version of The Ring
    The Others
    First Alien film (if Sci-fi horror counts)
    The Thing because it's still cool af

Hmm those at the top of my head but I'm sure I'm missing a bunch.

• ^ all of those plus:

IT
      Hellraiser and Pumpkin head because it's also weird af.

• @TonyRyan Ah, I forgot about Hellraiser. Creepy stuff there too.

Haven't seen Pumpinkhead though, but I've heard is pretty good! Will get on it asap

Most Helpful Girl

• I really like the Child's Play series. After the first two, though, I would consider them more as comedy than horror films, but the first two are kind of creepy. I've always been a little weird-ed out by dolls.

The Shining and The Exorcist are probably what I would consider the all-time favorite horror films.

When I was young, I rarely ever watched scary movies because I was afraid of pretty much everything. :p When I finally started watching them regularly, I've realized that there aren't many that are super terrifying.

One I've been wanting to watch is Goodnight Mommy. The trailer I saw for it looked really creepy. Hopefully, it lives up to my expectations.

What Guys Said 5

What Girls Said 7

• the awakening. is that horror? lol.

• The ring.

• Saw and the collector!

• Drag me to Hell
    Saw
    The skeleton key

There's a lot but Those are some

• The Ring,
    Grudge

• Alien

• 2|0
    • Yesss. I need to watch more of Dario Argento movies. I only saw the one with Jennifer Connelly, haven't seen this one @anon

• @Humping_Tornadoes This one is my fave giallo, I do recommend you watch it.

• I'm sure he is. My cousin is a big fan of Argento. I also saw his movie with Bernardo Bertolucci but based on what I know from him that is quite different than his usual thrillers. After watching Phenomena, where should I go next? I'm guessing Suspiria would be a good opzione?