Would you survive the annual purge?

Purge doesn't really mean going out and kiling someone.
you could go out and steal food that could last you years, go steal protection,
you could go steal money, anything thats illegal really, murder would probably be the #1 crime committed though.
Would you survive the annual purge?

So if you were in the state of purge.. how would you handle it?
remember all of this is legal

- What would your reaction be? probably go insane

- Would you hide in your house or leave out i would most likely leave out,
why things to get.

-Would you leave out and steal anything? I would steal food, money, protection.
If so what and why

-Would you kill anyone? Only people who threatened me
if so why

-Would you brake into someones house? Yes, only to ask if they needed protection
if so why

-Would you answer your door for people I don't know thats tricky.
claiming they needed help?

-If you hid.
where would you hide? probably in my closet lol

-Would you leave the house to
get a selfie with someone who is purging? totally

-Who would you call/hide with? I would call everyone i know, and hide with family
although my family aren't fighters so we're toast.

- Do you think you could survive
the annual purge? Yeah i think i could... my family? nope

- Would you help someone on the
street being mudered? If i had protection.

-Would you try and sleep through it? Sike

-How man people would you be with around 10 - 20 people?
or would you be alone

Thats all the questions i could think of lol

• Id survive
  • i wouldn't

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd survive. Because I'm not gonna be around when it happens.

Most Helpful Guy

• - What would your reaction be? Prepaire

- Would you hide in your house or leave out i would most likely leave Stay home

If so what and why

-Would you kill anyone? If you stepped onto my property you would die
    if so why

-Would you brake into someones house? No, I would stay home
    if so why Home is the safest place to be

claiming they needed help?
    Nope, I would kill anyone knocking on my door that I didn't personally know
    -If you hid.
    where would you hide? I would not hide I would fortify

-Would you leave the house to
    get a selfie with someone who is purging? NOPE!!!

-Who would you call/hide with? The family

- Do you think you could survive
    the annual purge? I think that I could

- Would you help someone on the
    street being mudered? Nope

-Would you try and sleep through it? Nope too much to do

or would you be alone The family about 8 or so

What Girls Said 8

• I think I would survive. In any disasters I tend to be pretty good in them. Plus before the purge would start i would hide underground and for the most part. I would have spent a lot of time learning how to make landmines around were I'm hiding. Then have a video camera showing everyone that stupid enough to come near them. Which I would have it so those things would reset as well. Then in the last 1hr or so go out and steal the stuff I want and need. Then kill anyone that gets close to me or tries to get me.

• I would kill, I surely would, if I could take the need of killing out of my chest I would. And you know, the best part is that it would be legal!!

Maybe I'd die without practice but I would hire someone to teach me how to kick asses and shot guns, handle jackknives and stuff

• could you tust them

• the whole year won't be legal to get killed, so they couldn't kill me until the day...

but hey, if I learn good, I could kill them too if they mess with me ;)

• well yeah true that

• I'd dip out into the woods or find a cave, stake ditches and wire trap the one entrance. If you really wanted to kill me you'd have to put in so much effort. Come back within the last hour, loot some houses along the way. Drive around for the remaining time. Can't kill me if you can't catch me.

• lolll true
      but what abount land mines

• Well I don't know how yo make landmines and I'm not sure I can just go out and buy them. I doubt I have very many enemies that will take the effort to go hunt me down - but I mean, go ahead. Come at me bro. Short of online butthurt assmonkeys doxing me - lol, come at me - I don't think ill need anything as severe as landmines. Pretty sure a moat full of sharpened stakes covered up and a very good wire trap will be able to alert me so I can dip out if I can't take the intruders down.

• lol
      you sound ready.

• I would survive. I've been in places really bad with no contact, no help, just by myself.
    I would secure the neighbourhood, where my family and friends live. I'd work with them and defend the lives of our little ones. Everyone who dares to enter without permission and/or with violence would be shot at sight.

• I don't think murder would be the #1 crime committed. I think that many more people have urges to steal, etc than murder.

• My family and I would survive it.

• you must have a strong family
      my family is toast.

• My sisters (biological and adoptive), my step-sisters, my mother, my step-mother, and I work in the emergency services, the police, and the military.

• Nope I would be dead, no doubt about it.

• I'm partial to living. I'd probably kill any motherfucker I had to to stay alive.

• good luck lol
      people won't attack without the intention to kil

What Guys Said 15

• I would survive. I would stay in and barricade the place good. I would only go outside if I had no choice. I wouldn't let nobody in or help nobody. I would booby trap the whole house. I would have surveillance cameras set up all over the house inside and out side. If people want to break in I would have a full arsonal of weaponry. I would also fight dirty and not fair.

• you would survive like that but
      do you have those weapons and traps or do you have to go looking for them

• they probably are making it.. right now lol

• Lol I hope so man. I also hope they make a part 3 soon. The first two were pretty good.

• I actually have a very easy surviving method for the purge that I'm amazed nobody in the movie came up with. I think we can all agree that our live and the lives of our loved ones are the most important thing (more important than some valuable stuff we possess).

OBVIOUSLY - or for the people in the movie I guess not so obviously - staying in a big city is about the dumbest thing you can do during the purge. If you're very rich and you can afford a super high security system that protects your house, you'll probably gonna be okay but for everyone who's just a normal middle class fellow, it's an incredibly stupid idea to hide in your house (or go out purging for that matter). Therefore, what I would do is to bug out into nature. And in order to feel less uncomfortable about it, I would connect the bugging out with a small vacation lasting for a few days. First, I would look up where in the United States there are some very large and mostly untouched forests. Some good candidates for this would be regions in New England (Vermont for example), northern States such as Montana or Idaho or, if you wanna be REALLY sure nobody will ever find you, you could also go to Alaska (the largest forests of the US are in Alaska). In all of these regions, there are forests that are so incredibly vast you will not only be alone but you'll have a region of tens, maybe hundreds of square miles completely for yourself. Just to give you a feeling for the size of some of these forests: the largest forest in the US, the Tongass National forest in Alaska has roughly the size of Ireland. This is JUST forest and it's a region bigger than many countries in the world.
    Once I've found a nice forest, I would travel to that forest during the year and look for a nice spot to spend a few days. Ideally, it would have a small lake or a river and the forest should be neither too dense nor too open at this location (if it's too dense, it's hard to build a shelter and if it's too open, it's easy to be spotted from far away).
    Now I'd build myself a small shelter there. It could be a romantic cottage or simply a good-quality tent. If you feel super paranoid, you could even opt for a treehouse or an underground shelter that you dig into the soil and cover it up with twigs and leaves.
    Once that is all finished, I would nicely secure my house (wooden planks over the windows and doors etc.), pack together all my most important and most valuable items (electronics, jewellery etc.) and drive with

• my loved ones out to the forest. The idea behind turning this into a vacation is that it will feel less suspicious and you won't have people following you. Instead of living on the evening of the purge, just leave 5 days or a week before and come back 2-3 days later. This way it's gonna look as though you just happen to go on vacation right around that time. And also, once you're at the forest, following you will become very difficult. I would park my car somewhere at the edge of the forest (maybe hide it a bit) and hike from there on foot. The secure location should be at least 20-30 miles away from civilization in complete isolation. I believe this method would give you at least a 99.99% chance of survival. The risk of even being discovered by accident in such a vast forest would be extremely low. And finally, there's another, completely different method that was also not thought about in the movie: if the purge only applies to the US, I'd simply go abroad for a few days :-)

• I would go to like a desert and stay in the car all night, no one would find me there. If I stay at home, some people whom I've pissed off may want to kill me.

I would survive, no doubt.

• You could die on your way to the desert
      And if you make it there what about food and water
      And weapons for someone who might have followed you

• I would leave before the purge starts. I will bring some food and water with me, and obviously a weapon, just in case.
      It's just 12 hours, it's not much.

• yeah true

• I would survive because I'd have a damn panic room installed for my family. We could just sit pretty and wait for it to be over. I don't want to get involved in that nonsense.

• I'd spend the year stockpiling chloroform and as soon as the purge day starts, crop dust it over the entire area I live. After that, I'd loot a Pagani and drive full speed without having to worry about traffic.

• I'd survive, a week before I would cross the border to another country without the purge then return a couple days after the purge.

• I don't know whether I would survive, but I would try to hide in the woods.

• If it happens after I get my firearm license, then I'll definitely survive. Break into my house and I won't feel guilty burying you beneath it...

• I reckon I'd be ale to survive, I'd make sure I'm prepared in case someone coms at me. And I'd probably just try and stay out of trouble, unless I desperately needed something in which case I'd go and get it.

• I'd just shoot anyone and everyone on the streets out the window... They're roaming around looking to kill people so the sooner they fall, the sooner the madness stops.

• Lol what if they retaliated

• If I survived then the next day when they thought everything was all well and clear I'd stick a shiv through their carotid artery when they went out to fetch their newspaper. I don't buy into the idea of killing people once a year. If they came at me I'd kill them any day or night of the year.

• I'd form a group and kill anyone participating in it to try to end the purge, who's with me?

• I'd do fine. Because I live in Canada.

• I don't really get the point of this. Why are they even doing this? It sounds stupid.

• everyone who says "i would survive" would be the first to go because they underestimate it

• That's true lol
      It's a different story when it's actually happening

• I would stake out and protect my home. Nothing else.