The apocalypse has just happened, and you're now forced to choose a group to survive with? Who are you picking?

• Group 1: Doctor, Fast Food Employee, Tailor
  • Group 2: Ex Army Officer, Janitor, Baseball Player
  • Group 3: Farmer, Actor, Psychologist
  • Group 4: Engineer, Minister, FBI Agent
  • Group 5: Truck Driver, Fireman, Gunsmith

Most Helpful Guy

• I went with group 4.

Going with each group with pros and cons...
    Group 1: To be honest, the doctor is really the only valuable member on the team in terms of apocalypse standards. While a doctor would be a great addition to have in case diseases or some wound happens, I don't think the team is the best option compared to the others.

Group 2: The weak player would be the janitor, the strong would be the ex army officer. The army officer would be good for leadership, good with guns, know combat first aid perhaps, among various other apocalyptic need. I dunno why though, but I keep imagining he'd have aggressive tendencies that would create some issues.

Group 3: The farmer would actually help for long term solutions when you try to create a stable situation for yourself instead of wandering around... assuming it is an apocalypse that lets you do that. The psychologist would be good for mental health of the group 2. I had this one in 2nd place.

Group 5: The gunsmith would be nice to have in the fact he knows guns through and through. Perhaps this would help in building traps like the engineer. However, the Truck Driver and Fireman, other than possible strength, don't bring much to the table for an apocalyptic situation in my opinion.
    ------

Group 4: The Engineer would be great for building things like traps, and he'd be an overall smart guy to be around for the technical aspect of things. The FBI agent is kind of like the ex army officer in the fact that he has training (around 20 weeks worth). The agent has leadership qualities, firearm training, is fit, and are taught in how to deal with people. The minister is the weakest member of the group. He may be able to help with mental well-being of the group kind of like the psychologist from group 3. He may stop us from going insane and losing our morals too if that makes any difference haha. The only issue is if he raises moral problems with the group and others disagree with him, leading to conflict.

• I like your analysis, because you have to really think about it considering you would have a choice in this hypothetical. You have to think both in terms of the short term and long term. Someone asked me who I'd pick, and I went with 5 b/c... the truck Driver is used to long hours, stress, staying awake for long periods, can deal with loneliness/being by self if we need to take some extended missions, knows a thing or two about cars or trucks in case we get the opportunity. Fireman, also deals with a lot of stress and life and death. Knows how to start fires, prevent fires, and technically create chemical weapons. Useful for defense purposes. Gunsmith knows how to use, repair, and create weaponry. I think overall the skill set is more useful because you can't just think oh great, there's one guy or girl in the group that would help me because if they get killed, you'll have to rely on the other two, or one.

What Guys Said 14

• #2.
    Army guy knows how to keep us safe. Also knows how to camp, stay out of sight, ration food, etc. Above that he has survival training for building shelter, finding water, etc. He will ensure order is maintained.
    Janitor knows how to keep us clean, and knows how to do the dirty work that needs to be done. Most are respectable workers who are under appreciated. their work ethic and ability to handle shit (literally on occasion) the rest of us are not [yet] ready for is an advantage.
    Baseball player has strength, stamina, and agility. He can work hard, chop wood, climb shit, etc. His ability for physical labor (with our help, of course) will allow us to get shit done. And a baseball bat can do a lot of damage, especially in strong hands of a person who knows how to swing it for maximum power.

• Sticking with a group is generally not a good idea in an apocalypse-scenario unless they're VERY close friends (and even then, it can be dangerous). Sticking with a group can be helpful in the beginning but in the long run, you're better off alone. You can move faster and more quiet and, more importantly, you don't have anybody to possibly backstab you when food and other resources become sparse.

• Yes, but when the groups of people who will eventually form surround you, you are better off with other people to help you. But yeah, you are right, it is dangerous.

• @thetundrawolf Well, for a certain period of time you might be right that a person could get surrounded by different groups but because he/she is alone, they can move out of the danger zone relatively quickly. Also, sooner or later the different groups will start killing each other off over sparse resources and in that kinda situation, it's definitely more beneficial to hide on top of a tree and silently watch the battle instead of being directly involved in it...

• This is great until you get hurt or sick. If you are a lone wolf, how are you going to fend against anyone... those trying to take yourself, or you being able to fetch medical supplies or food if you're hurt, sick, injured. There's also the other side of it which you probably aren't thinking about now because everything is relatively sane and rational, but there is a huge psychological component to survival long term. Being by yourself all the time for days, weeks, months is not good for your mental state.

• Group 3. The actor and psychologist aren't worth much, but the farmer alone is worth as much as any three combined from the other groups. A farmer is a good jack of all trades, including a lot of trades that would be extremely useful after the apocalypse.

• Agree about the farmer. There is a lot that goes on, even in modern farms. I would say the actor may be useful in the sense if you are having to negotiate with another group, s/he may be able to "play a part"... tough person, lie easily about supplies or locations, or maybe even play the damsel in distress... may be good for wrangling up more supplies. Psychologist may be good for keeping the stress levels down.

• It's between one and four (doctor/engineer) because they seem to be the most useful in this occasion. Normally, I would prefer to work alone, and build up a sort of safe house with supplies, food and stuff.. but due to my nature I'd end up taking people under my wings, and in the end, sacrifice myself, that they had a chance to survive.. sad times.

• Group 5: Truck Driver (full of energy due to driving for hours on end), Fireman (strong), Gunsmith (can make gun... yeh...)

• That would be my choice too.

• if it's the real apocalypse then none of those groups will help me in any way. I prefer to enjoy the last hours with some friends

@archiz
    @ElissaDido
    @cinderelli

• Which one do you pick asker lady?

• I'd go with 5 actually. Truck Driver, used to long hours, stress, staying awake for long periods, can deal with loneliness/being by self if we need to take some extended missions, knows a thing or two about cars or trucks in case we get the opportunity. Fireman, also deals with a lot of stress and life and death. Knows how to start fires, prevent fires, and technically create chemical weapons. Useful for defense purposes. Gunsmith knows how to use, repair, and create weaponry. I think overall the skill set is more useful because you can't just think oh great, there's one guy or girl in the group that would help me because if they get killed, you'll have to rely on the other two, or one.

• I picked 5 as well, for all the reasons you listed with the addition of 1. The body profiles on those professions would be the best if it were to come to cannibalism.

Fun fact, I work in engineering, have hobbies in woodworking/music, and am a minister. Its like I'm a whole other pick all by myself!

• It's between group 1 and group 4 because a doctor or an engineer would be the most useful.

Though If I am being completely honest I'd rather have

Bear Grylls
    MacGyver

Those two are really the only ones you would ever need ever.

• Group 1. I kill the fast food employee and tailor and bam the doc and I have a bunch of food.

I'm really going to need that doc...

• Group 3 because one know how to grow food, one can help hold every together the 3person in the group can entertain every one

• The Jesus one or zombie

The jests one happens I consult my bible

The zombie one happens I kill mysejf before they eat me

• Group 4.

• Neither. I will be a gun crazed red neck and do my own shit.

• Group 3, they'd need the most help.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd kill myself...

• A farmer knows how to plant food, an actor can keep us entertained, and a psychologist has been through the nursing program so he'd know first aid even though he's not an actual Doctor. Plus he'd help keep us from going apeshit.

• I honestly cannot choose one!