Is it normal to be terrified of moving out?

I'm 22 and my dad keeps pushing me to move out (I just have to find a job first), but I'm terrified. I'm honestly thinking about delaying finding a job so I don't have to right now 😕. I'm afraid mostly because I've never been very good with people and I'm scared if I have flat mates they'll all hate me.

UPDATE: I think I'm afraid mostly because I was bullied at college (high school) and I'm scared when I have flat mates they'll all hate me too

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it's normal, find the source of your fear.
    Are you afraid of yourself or you are afraid of this world. Go deep pick the reasons and eliminate them..

• I think I'm afraid mostly because I was bullied at college (high school) and I'm scared when I have flat mates they'll all hate me too

• There will always be wrong people choose your company wisely.

• Thanks 🙂

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a bit scary, yeah, but is pretty awesome. Just do it hah. Life works like this: people will love u, but others will hate u... Key? Not caring for those who don't like u✌️ It's their problem, not yours
    getting out of ur comfort zone is such an awesome thing to do and I think moving out is one of those things that will make u grow

• Yeah, my dad keeps telling me it helped my older brother a lot. Thanks for answering :)

• Thanks for MHO :)
      Best wishes!

• You're welcome
      Thanks 😊

What Guys Said 4

• Is there anywhere you can live and afford just a "studio" or "efficiency" apartment, meant for one person? (Not sure if there is a UK equivalent?). That might be your best bet. If you ever meet that special guy, you can still move him in although it will be cramped.

• Thanks for answering 😊

• Anyway, I can totally relate to that, as good roommates who can be actual friends are hard to find.

However, at the same time, I wanted out of the house as soon as I economically could, which is increasingly difficult to do nowadays.

• Well moving out without the finances to support yourself is just a recipe for disaster.

• Yeah, I don't think my parents would want me to move out without a job to support myself

• I understand exactly what you're going through. Although I wouldn't mind living by myself if I had stable income.

• Yeah, I wouldn't mind that either, it's so hard to find a cheap place

• I'm scared and my parents don't push me

But they be happy for me if I do get too

What Girls Said 5

• Well l moved out almost nine years ago when I was seventeen.. At times it still feels like only yesterday.. But time flies when you have so much fun in achieving things on your own, making your own decisions, be them right or wrong, and meeting new friends.

Yes, it is extremely frightening, scary and very daunting at first.. But stick at it.. I promise you it does get easier as time goes by.. And believe you me, it will, very quickly .. I wish you all the luck in the world.. Take care and stay safe.

• Yes everytime I move house I'm terrified if I will like it if I miss my old home

• Thanks for answering 😊

• Completely normal. It's a new experience and you're on your own, so it can be scary.

• Thanks for answering :)

• Heya!

Yes it's extremely normal to feel this way.

• Thanks for answering 🙂

• I'm scared too, same situation :(

• Thanks for answering 🙂