DUEL TO THE DEATH: Who would win? Justice League or Avengers?

The Justice League is leading the show with:
-Superman. Strengths: Kryptonian. Super strength, power of flight, laser/x-ray vision, super speed, brawler. Weaknesses: He will never kill, handicaps himself to fight equally with his enemies, he believes in the power of hope and inspiration. Even though he is unimaginably powerful he will never go all out unless the enemy can handle it. Kryptonite.
-Green Lantern: Power ring: can form hard light constructs with his mind and willpower. Flight and strength. Weakness: no obvious ones.
-Wonder Woman: flight, daughter of Zeus. Demigod, incredibly strong. Her bracers are indestructible. Lasso of truth can force men to tell the truth. Amazon warrior.
-Aquaman: super strength, can control sea life, has an army of Atlanteans at his back. The oceans are his domain. King of Atlantis.
-Batman: billionairre, brilliant detective and tactician. Never shows up unprepared and can definitely punch above his weight class. Fan of gadgets. Operates in shadows. Weaknesses involve being only human and the memory of his parents.
-The Flash: lightning speed, can tap into the Speed Force allowing him to travel through time. He can run across water and up buildings. Debatably one of the strongest in the Justice League. Weaknesses: he needs to have traction to run.
Cyborg: Strengths: very strong, can interface with all types of technology, besides that has similar powers to Iron Man. Weaknesses: He has to try hard to stay human and balance both aspects of himself.
Black Widow: assassin, proficient in firearms and martial arts. Weakness: only human
Hawkeye: assassin, proficient with bows. Weakness: Only human.
Captain America: Enhanced soldier. Sense of duty and compassion. Nearly indestructible shield. Weakness: still sort of human
Iron Man: powerful exoskeleton suit of armor, power of flight, strength and the armaments that come with that. Can fly.
Thor: Son of Odin, demigod, power over lightning and the wielder of Mjolnir. Super strength.
The Hulk: Indestructible, super strong, can jump large distances, cannot be contained.

• This is an unfair poll you stupid DC fanboy. Justice League has OP abilities. Go to hell!
  • I LOVE MARVEL MOVIES SO MARVEL STUFF ALWAYS WINS!
Explain your answers in the poll people.. :p

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I like Marvel more but I think the Justice League would probably take this, but the Avengers do stand a chance. Avengers has got only 2 characters who are god tier but the League has 4. You only mentioned the MCU Avengers here though. They have many more members in the comics. I still think JLA takes his. Here are the best feats I can remember for each of them:

Wonder Woman's: Carrying a nuclear weapon to space and surviving the explosion

Hulk: Destroying a continent with a footstep

Flash: Running faster than light and travelling back in time (well everyone knows that)

Superman: Moving planets with his bare hands. (He did once rip a hole in the fabric of space, but he had a lot of help. I doubt if he could have done that on his own)

Green Lantern: Hal Jordan once bottled a fucking supernova without much effort.

Thor: Stopping time itself and bringing people back to life.

I'm not referring to classic Thor or Pre-Crisis superman here since they're just too OP. Their modern versions are a better match.

• I mean the best feats for the god tier characters

• Yeah they're both good in their own way. DC has a darker tone but Marvel is better for casual readers. I recently got into DC though, but I've been reading Marvel comics since I was 12 or something. So I might be biased lol

• Yeah it's hard to just jump into DC comics. Some of their stories and the powers of the characters are so overwhelming in scope. There's also a multiverse with different versions of characters.. It just gets crazy lol

I usually just stick with different runs with characters I like.

Most Helpful Guy

• Whichever the writers want to win will be victorious.

I'm not a comic fan, though I had many friends who were. From what they told me, I tended to find the Marvel universe more intriguing. I would argue that to an outsider, Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne seem very much the same.

I tend to like DC movies more than Marvel, with the X Men being a very notable exception.

While we're on the subject of superheroes, WHY IN THE HELL HASN'T THERE BEEN AN INCREDIBLES SEQUEL?

Pixar did a spectacular job with that. My wife, never a fan of comic book movies (she didn't even like X Men), LOVED The Incredibles. The characters were all funny and engaging. The story was awesome. Even the soundtrack was great (faithful to the era, space age pop). The ending BEGS for a sequel! Yet Pixar went ahead and made a sequel to Cars? Seriously? Not to mention that awful Monsters University or whatever the fuck it was called.

And while we're on the subject, WHATEVER THE HELL HAPPENED TO NIGHT CRAWLER? X Men introduces him. He's intriguing. He's complex. He's even a bit Byronic. A fascinating character full of potential. Then the other X Men movies act like he never existed and start tossing us more shirtless Hugh Jackman scenes. Wtf?

• I think Night Crawler is going to be in the new X-Men Apocalypse movie. I loved the Incredibles too and was sad that they never made a sequel.

• Well, I know little about it other than it's set in Elizabethan England and North Amerca. Some of the characters kind of replace historical people. For example, Nick Fury is kind of in the role of Walsingham, Elizabeth's spy master. Magneto is in the Holy Office of the Inquisition, charged with finding and executing witches (mutants). Dr. Strange is the royal physician, kind of like John Dee.

My friend, a real comic aficionado, introduced me to it. I was intrigued because I enjoy history and historical fiction.

• Wow that sounds interesting. I like it when people blend history with mythological characters. Comic books characters are really like the greek gods of old.

What Girls Said 11

• This is much more complicated than you originally think.

Are they pairing off and fighting? Or is it a giant mash up of chaos?

If they pair off, are they going to pick their partners? Are they picking the one who matches them in skill and strength for fairness and objectivity? If so, you have to weigh the skills of each pairing and odds are that neither side will win every fight so there will be losses for each. Then, of the surviving fighters, who do they fight next? Is it a bracket system? Or would that cease to be fair after the first fight?

Or are they mashed up in chaos?

If they're mashed up in chaos, it entirely depends on which happens to fight which and whether or not they have assistance from another member of their team.

• That's true but you have 2 characters in the Justice League that are just overpowered beyond reason. The Flash can run so fast that he can shatter space time and travel through time. He can fight just as fast. Superman is a man who literally has held onto a black hole. He has lifted a book of infinite pages, and has lifted a being made up of eternity. It's scary due to those two characters who I think could take out the Avengers by themselves. Unless Thor and Hulk can somehow see things moving at lightning speed or compare to the incredibly strength of Superman, I don't know how they could really compete.

Don't get me wrong they're all very great and interesting characters.

• I thought the j. l had all these bad ass superhero's and would take the avengers easily cause I mean come on the only strong players they have are Thor and the hulk ehhhh and tony. Tony stark isn't much without the suit but he has the smarts and hulk is a scientist so they can easily create something with kryptonite to weaken and or kill superman. But the Bruce feeds off of anger and is till human, he is still vulnerable in that state... Because the only person who can take the hulk out or match in strength to give him an actual challenge is superman. Captain america can take out batman easily. Other than that aquaman is only good under water so he ain't shit lol. Diana can blink and the black widow is out, Nick fury is weak period, cyborg can take hawkeye but I know tony would cut in... Thor can take wonderwoman and the flash, but they'll give him a run for his money... yeah my main thing is superman and the hulk. Once and if someone get rids of superman it's a done deal. Honestly the hulk can take them all lol. super had flown through a plant that had kyrptonite and flash is millions of times faster then the speed of light, he's fast enough where he can travel back in time and kill who ever he wants before they had their powers. But I'll say if not weaking superman the hulk isn't smart or fast enough to defeat clarke soooo I'm going say justice league. Plus the avengers have like more humans on their team... meaning more of a risk for fatalities... Dc just has way more superheroes it isn't really fair. Yeah batman has no superpowers but he is still pretty bad ass and ruthless.

• The thing that makes the Avengers interesting is that they are NOT untouchable. They could lose, and knowing that provides more suspense. They don't all just rely on god-like abilities, they have to use more intelligence and skill to win. Superman is boring because everyone knows he really can't lose anyway. The Avengers have regular humans who work their hardest to perfect their combat skills and be heroes. That is a lot harder and more admirable than just having god-like powers and then deciding to be a hero. But to be fair there are way more Avengers than people in the Justice league, you just listed the ones featured in the movies so far. So maybe the Avengers would win by outnumbering the Justice League.

• The thing is though that the enemies the Justice League face are potentially universe ending adversaries to match up to their powers so it really all balances out. The stories are just more cosmic where as in Marvel they're more grounded.

• Marvel has had big comic reboots too. Recently there's been a female Thor and a black Captain America. They replaced Peter Parker for a while with Miles Morales who is now Spiderman in an alternate universe. Comics tend to have major reboots every now and then. It depends on fan reactions whether or not they keep it.

• The female Thor fits with the canon of "whoever can pick up the hammer is Thor" thing though I mean I'm used to switches like that but completely flipping a character's personality for so drastically just threw me, having a horde of spider-people is annoying at times too. I'd be annoyed if peter parker was suddenly super dark and brooding as well it just wasn't a good fit for me with Batman they could have made him less goofy without the complete day to night change.

• Justice League all day. The Avengers are so outmatched it's sad.

Superman could literally just use his laser vision to bore holes into the mortals on the opposite teams. It's not even fair.

• Honestly i would go with avengers. Since I HATE superman. He's extremely over rated.

Plus I like all of the personalities and character build of the ones from avengers.

Though if anything deadpool would rape them all! HE'S FUCKEN AWESOME! ^^
    s3.foxfilm.com/.../deadpool1-gallery-image.jpg

Though sadly I see the Justice League winning the battle. Mainly due to each of their powers and how most of them are almost impossible to kill.

I think Thor is the one that can never die or be killed with anything. I can't think of any weaknesses he has.

• I never understand where Superman gets all this hate from :'(

• @Facepalm yes kryptonians age but these coming book characters have been around for decades lol

• @Facepalm I don't know I just never liked superman. Ex for when he was in smallville even then after a point I didn't like how he was.

• I'm siding with the Avengers because Thor is Hot af, oh and captain America as-well. And I hate Superman, he's the most boring superhero. Batman on the other hand is pretty cool.

• I like both, but I actually think if they did a battle, JLA would win. The Hulk might give them a run for their money, though.

• Yeah hulk and Thor are the threats on that incarnation of the avengers.

• I go with Justice League, but I'm bias 😉

• I gotta go with avengers because I just love Thor. Also It seems they are just a stronger crew

• Can you explain your reasoning why you think they're stronger?

• The Flash can travel through time and run the speed of light, Superman has held a black hole and lifted a book with infinite pages. He has super speed and strength too. Laser and x-ray vision. Green Lantern can make anything in his mind become reality with his power ring in the form of Light constructs. I wouldn't say they're just men in tights..

• Just my opinion, also just said about the rights because it was funny

• Justice League

• Yay! Now we have females voting for the Justice League ;p

• I thought more people would have voted Justice League since it's obvious who would win. The girls are letting me down :/

• No one beats superman, he's fuckin God.

What Guys Said 25

• This one is too easy. The Avengers have nothing that can beat Superman. Even Hulk doesn't stand a chance.

by the way you forgot one Superman weakness, magic. Thor might be a problem but I am sure Aquaman can take him down for Superman.

With Hulk and Thor out of the picture, Batman can take care of the rest.
    media.giphy.com/media/arA0nHm4qWD8A/giphy.gif

• Damn I did forget magic. Whoops! The Flash could probably occupy Thor too.

• Wow thats a huge bummer. I even can't believe that he doesn't have his own movie yet. If DC wants to rival MCU they would need to use all their weapons :P

• I just have no idea how they would do Martian Manhunter as a character. He is just stupid strong and his mental powers alone are insane.

• Justice league.
    1) I'm a fan of all comics, Marvel and DC alike.
    2) I like many of the characters in both teams.
    3) But I'm not going to let my affections cloud my judgement. The Justice League are for all intents and purposes demigods. The only ones who could at the very least survive (not win) are Thor and the Hulk. Every one else is dead ammongst the Avengers.
    Superman alone could solo them. He is not meant to have weaknesses. Kryptonite is rare anyway and it's doubtful the avengers would have it. Even if they did, he'd just do it from a longer distance. Heck, remember in Avengers two when they were on that city that was rising off from the ground... that could have been Superman doing it. Sure, he wouldn't kill them but he could maim them from a long distance anyway.
    The Flash is also the only member who can solo the Avengers. He's too fast for anyone of them to react and quicksilver won't cut it (if he were in the team). And if you're asking how he'd defeat Thor and the Hulk - either he sends them through time or he uses his infinite mass punch.
    Then there's Wonder Woman who's an ACTUAL demigod pretty much. She is the third member who'd be able to solo them all. Every one else could not but that's not an issue anymore. Supes, Flash and WW would do it while every one else sits back or gives advice to speed it up.

At the end of this, Superman is forced to send Hulk in to space, Thor gives up and retreats and every one else lays defeated.

• Yeah there was a crossover comic with Quicksilver and Flash and the only reason Quicksilver could keep up with the Flash in the comic was because the Speed Force didn't exist in the Marvel Universe. They even mentioned that lol

Yeah I was thinking Superman would have to toss Hulk into a star or a black hole to kill him lol

I enjoy Marvel and DC comics too but I do purchase more DC comics because I grew up more with them. It's a nostalgic thing more than anything else.

• Great points! 👍

• @Humping_Tornadoes thank you.

• I don't think the Avengers would stand a chance but that doesn't mean anything. My favorite DC hero is Batman and he's probably the weakest compared t the others in the justice league. The quality of a character is decided by how well written he is, how well constructed the world round him is, the other characters he interacts with etc.
    You only need one line to write :" My hero's name is X and he's invincible, immortal and has infinite strength. Does that mean my hero is better than any of the other ones now? It's not about the strength of the hero it's bout the quality of the story, that's why I always thought superman was kinda lame. Characters that overcome their weaknesses are more interesting than characters that have none. I still like DC better than Marvel but mainly because of Batman, I think DC would be better if they toned some of their heroes down a bit and made it seem like they could actually be defeated instead of playing their strengths up all the time.
    In the animated movie where Batmans plans get stolen andthe Justice league gets targeted by their weaknesses it was kind of a joke to me. Martian Manhunters weakness is fire and he gets set on fire from the inside FOR HOURS and somehow he survives. That's not really a weakness I would say you're pretty resistant against fire if you can survive that. I think making the heroes seem more human and mortal would be a plus. For instance in Young Justice or Smallville, the heroes or hero don't always know what they're doing yet and it makes them more relateable, I think the Justice League has become a bit too perfect.

• The cool thing about Superman comics though isn't that he's super strong. It's the fact that he's so hopeful and compassionate. He will never be that cynical douchebag who unleashes all his power. He is the type to take a beating even just to test the power of the person he is fighting and adjust to it. He is godly powerful but he rarely goes there. He will walk away from a fight if it's possible. I think that's why I like the superman comics. It isn't about his strength it's about his hopeful and heroic demeanor. His comics aren't about how ridiculously strong he is it's more about a man who wants to be an inspiration and a guiding light of humanity. He's good just for the sake of being good. He's also similar to Spiderman in the sense that he's comfortable as his hero facade but is awkward and nerdy at trying to fit in and be human.

I don't know why people think Superman is lame based on that. He isn't great because of his power he's great because of his demeanor.

• You're right that there are a lot of people who like comics to be more grounded in reality because reality is relatable. A lot of those characters in the Justice League are relatable for other reasons like I mentioned with Superman.

• Superman could pick the hulk up and launch him into space so the fact that the hulk could potentially be stronger isn't even an issue. The flash could kill every one else before they blinked (quite literally moving at the speed of light his hits would literally rip through the person, he moves fastrer then particles in a particle accelerator) and you really wouldn't need any one else. Also your missing green arrow who is way better then hawk eye,(nothing against hawk eye). So yeah The justice league can destroy the avengers, well except in the box office (at least the way DC is going about it).

• I like Green Arrow more than Hawkeye too but I was just going with the characters that they're making movies with. That Justice League is going to be the one in the Justice League movie in 2017.

• Yeah they have movies planned until 2019 so far I think. 2 Justice League movies, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Flash, Green Lantern Corps. I haven't heard anything about Green Arrow though.

• Well I hope they don't rush them because nothing destroyes a movie like rushing it. Sounds like they have some good ones though so that should be interesting.(though I guess where going to have to wait awhile for them to come out).

• Justice League would wreck this so hard it's not even funny.

Superman at his most powerful (Superman Prime: superman.wikia.com/.../Superman_Prime_(One_Million) ) would destroy Avengers by himself without any issues. Even if you limited Superman to conventional standards, between him and Batman they've managed to completely take down the Justice League + most of the DC universe heroes. Hell Batman alone took down the whole Justice League, due to the contingency plans he had to counter act the Justice League should they ever go out of control/rogue. then he also beat Darkseid by himself. He beat a god, by himself.

Avengers wouldn't be able to hold the battle for more than a few minutes.

• I voted A because I think that's the one for DC.

I'll ignore Cyborg as I know the least about him.

Batman > Iron Man
    Superman > Captain America
    Green Lantern = Thor
    Flash >>> Hawk Eye
    Wonder Woman >>> Black Widow
    Aquaman < Hulk

Apart from Hulk, I think Justice League wins this one hands down. That said, if the question is 'who do I want to watch?'; Avengers all the way.

• marvel has no chance. DC powerful as hell.
    sadly, DC's Hollywood game blows, and Marvel has made so much money they could buy Bruce Wayne a dozen times over.

• That's because Disney owns marvel and Warner bros owns DC. Disney can bankroll marvel more. The only downside is the family friendly movies. Fox still owns X-Men though.

DC is catching up though. They still win with animated shows and movies.

• Yea, I like DC's animated movies. But tbf, Marvel barely puts out animated movies.

• @BangBadBxtches yeah I wasn't saying marvel sucks because of it. I was just saying DC corners the market on some things.

• No contest, the Avengers would stand not a chance against the Justice League even if the whole team (adding the X-Men and Fantastic 4) were assembled.

vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

It all comes down to the fact that DC has the most powerful heroes around. Just Superman, Captain Atom, Green Lantern (s), Shazam, Wonder Woman, Spectre and Ozymandias alone could take the whole Marvel superhero team.

Granted, if the Avengers made a shout out to the Silver Surfer, then they would have him, Thor, Hulk, The Wolverine and mayyybeee Sentry when he was at his prime then it would be a fair match

• I forgot about Captain Atom damn. But yeah I was thinking just the characters I listed not the expanded justice league or avengers characters.

• He did? I always thought he was just superhuman tier, not demigod because that's what you have to be to defeat the hulk.

• @ThisDudeHere He does, Old Man Logan is considered canon to the comics (not a What If? comic nor an alternate Universe) and he defeats the Hulk. It's definitely one of my favorite comic books so you should look into it, pretty dark though.

• Dude. It's not Justice League without J'onn J'onzz.
    Anyways, you need to specify a few things.
    1) Is it a premeditated fight? Like a war? Or more like a "in the moment" brawl? Batman, Cyborg and Iron Man all rely on having information and being prepared.
    2) How many of his shitton of suits is Iron Man using? Same goes for Batman's tons of gadgets.
    3) Are helpers allowed? Is SHIELD, the Amazons and the Atlantians allowed to intervene?
    4) Like someone else said, do they get to match up or is it just a chaotic brawl?
    Also, I'm a DC fanboy too so take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

• The problem is they aren't including Martian manhunter in the justice league movies being made. I love his character too.

• Yeah he's being replaced with cyborg.

• Cyborg is shit compared to J'onn.
      I'm seriously doubting even going to watch that movie if it has no Martian Manhunter in it.

• I can't believe I'm going to say this because I'm a Marvel fan, but JLA would win no doubt. I think it really comes down to Superman, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman being the most powerful in Justice League.

I got a good question for ya though
    Silver Surfer vs Superman?

• Yikes Silver Surfer is a force to be reckoned with.. That would be a scary fight no doubt lol

• Superman could body the whole justice league by him self.

And then take on the avengers. only iron man could have a chance agisnt superman. he create a new element or material similar to the green rock.

So Thor could kill Superman if he connected with one swing from the hammer.

Superman is weak agisnt magic / mysitic energy

• the justice league would win with super man alone. in fairness, that is to counterbalance the fact that acquaman is a useless piece of shit

• He was useless in Super Friends which is why he is spoofed a lot but I wouldn't say he is weak in his modern incarnations at all.

• i really hope the fight isn't in the middle of the desert...

• If it is then he still has super strength and some sick fighting skills with his trident.

• The Justice League guys have really OP abilities.

• True that dude.. They're actually weakening them a bit for the Justice League movie in 2017.

• Its kinda unfair. I love the Avengers but the JL are OP as fuck.

• I'm actually curious how they will do Justice League movies. The first is coming in 2017. Will they make the characters more grounded in reality to appeal to the general movie going audience? It's still confusing. I know that Wonder Woman can't fly already. Cyborg won't be able to fly either.. It seems they are lowering their abilities somewhat.

• Superman, Shazam, Flash and current Cyborg would really cobbler them.

• It would be a stalemate. It would come down to Hulk vs Flash. Flash couldn't hurt Hulk, but Hulk couldn't catch Flash to hurt him. Everyone else would die.

• As for why?

Hulk has literally unlimited strength and is basically indestructible. Adamantium can pierce his skin, but he has one of the fastest healing factors known to man. He's classified as an Omega-level threat in the Marvel universe. In this regard, he is essentially Doomsday with a Bruce Wayne/Tony Stark level intellect in Bruce Banner form. Superman could not beat Hulk. Superman's energy reserves are limited, Hulk's are not. The *only* person I can think of in DC that could stop an enraged Hulk is Martian Manhunter, if he telepathically calmed Hulk down until he reverted to Banner form.

• People need to know this, The justice league are made of literal gods of nature, marvel is made from experiments and others and such, although I am a DC fan, and I can be bias at times, this is the truth that Marvel wouldn't win simply because DC characters are farrrr too OP. Simply put, the only person I see surviving is Deadpool because he has regeneration abilities, and maybe Wolverine, then again, nah.

• Since no one on Avengers has mental powers, green lantern will be invincible.

The only person on the avengers who could potentially wreck JL is hulk due to limitless regeneration.

• I don't see any of the Avengers being able to catch Flash either..

• Yeah I agree that the Hulk would be the main problem. Thor could be a threat too because I think comic book Thor is stronger than in the MCU.

• Batman, cyborg and aquaman could all be taken out by iron man's tech alone. That's how pathetically useless they are in comparison to avengers. The avengers are stronger on average but the nature of green lantern's power mean that only a mentally powered or supernaturally fast/ teleport-powered person could win against him. Potentially hawkeyes could make GL put up defences from the wrong position by bluffing to make him flinch adn then shoot his arrow the next millisecond predicting GL's mistake. This fight is ultimately superman vs hulk but Gl woudl most likely survive to the end too which makes jl have the edge, ti's nto as clear cut as you thought overall though. If there was no superman or hulk, avengers woudl almost definitely win unless green lanterns really focused hard on what to invent at the right time..

• It's a tie. They die. Come back

Lucifer attempts to turn them evil, Jesus shows up outs them in his side and they protect the new heaven under God one world for all

• lmao way to combine mythologies dude.

• I think there is a comic book with Jesus and Buddha and they're friends. It's a Japanese comic book.

• Makes sense

I have an idea for a video game

Gta style controls and you do every miracle of the bible with the goal to kill Jesus to save the world if rockstar did it seriously itd sell a butt load lol

• Justice League cuz Superman is OP AF

• Flash solos lol.

• If superman absolutely won't kill anyone, then how could his side win a "duel to the death"?

• He can bruise people pretty damn badly without killing ;)

• @clariceowen23

• I'm an idiot...

• On a plain powers match, justice league wins... i love both universes but yeah... JL wins

• I like both universes too. Well DC has a multiverse so I like all the universes lol

• indeed, but Marvel's multiverse isn't recent at all... it started as well for Marvel in 1961 with the Fantastic Four issue #1

• Ah I thought it was in the late 1970s? My bad.

• Lol, Superman solos the whole team.

• Justice League would win. Superman literally held up infinity.