What makes a hobby a 'waste of time' to you?

What do you think? Or do you feel most hobbies in themselves are wastes of time?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't truly enjoy it.

Most Helpful Guy

• A hobby becomes a waste of time if said hobby becomes damaging to one's health, personal relationships, finances, and/or one's ability to be a productive member of society.

What Girls Said 9

• I don't think hobbies are a waste of time. It's only a waste if it's not something you enjoy

I think to the person who is doing them, they have a particular hobby (or hobbies) because they enjoy doing that thing. So to them it wouldn't be a waste of time.

• Dude, did someone make fun of you for liking video games or something? Just tell them to eat a dick, man. What you do in your own time, as long as no one dies or catches their house on for, is your own business. You work, take care of yourself, are a reasonably functional member of society in public, and you happen to have a horde of games and collectibles. So what? Anything can be a hobby, it's just something that you like to do to occupy yourself. Obviously an obsession would be bad, as that implies that you're so completely focused on one subject that it's causing your actual life to start deteriorating it something. Whoever is talking shit, just tell them to take a looong walk off a very short pier.

• no they're not a waste of time at all! hobbies are here to help us have some personal time with ourselves

• If you don't get anything out of it, it is a wast of time. (Not just a physical 'anything', it could be an emotional one too.)

• if it is productive then it is not a waste of time. like learning a new skill (drawing, swimming, dancing etc)
    but watching tv is a waste of time for example

• If I don't enjoy it.

• If its boring

• Yes when u force yourself to do it

• I dont think any hobbies are wastes of time. If you enjoy it then its not a waste of your time...

What Guys Said 8

• A hobby that makes you feel good and seems to be easy for you is God's gift to you. Do not allow just any hobby to become a task. It is freeing expression and an release of the chaos surrounding your everyday life. Meant to comfort to your soul.

I am sorry you feel this way. but a hobby doesn't necessarily have to be the typical at all. What is that you are good at that comes easy to you or brings you joy? If you cannot think of one thing then please unplug for a while and put away all devices and find the person you were meant to be and not programmed to be.

My hobby has always been drawing cartoon satire. I have gotten so good at it by draw everyday. My dilemma is balancing hobby to quickly being disgusted by clients changes to my work. So I must always keep it real and to keep this hobby alive and enjoyable. that is what hobby's are for and their true purpose.

again I feel it is God given talent that is especially honed for you and you alone. what is it that you feel brings satisfaction while doing and that you feel are better at than most? find that and just do it.

• I guess if you don't like it or if feels like a chore. However, I know something else that is a big waste of time.

• What else is a big waste of time?

• lmao. Okay dude being tall isn't all that important : P. Try to use some of your other qualities to your advantage.

• @Jon_Gre_g please don't laugh at me. Goodbye. :(

• If I am capable of doing better things or more important thing than that hobby... the I'd consider it a waste of time

• If it is like spending time on GaG.

• When you don't enjoy it any more, but keep doing it out of sheer momentum...

• The second one.

• if its not wasting away at your time its a fuckin shit hobby

• A hobby is term for a broad array of activities. Whether it be model building or a physical activity. If it brings enjoyment and does something like build skills or keep you healthy then it is good. It is when you just but the thing and don't even do anything (such as buying a model kit and not even bothering to finish) is a waste of time.