Am I the only one who listens to old music from the 70's or 80's?

i'm only 18 but I feel really special and unique because of my musical preferance and my hatred towards the music of today. Anyone else out there as special and unique as me? I think im the only one in this world that special.

• yes me too.
  • no not me

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sure you're not the only one. I do listen to very few of the 80's music but I don't listen to 70's music. The oldest song I listen to is a song from the 60's called California Dreaming.

Most Helpful Guy

• I listen to music from ALL eras. But as an Old Man I'm oarticularly fond of the 80s.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes! Do you listen to Cat Stevens? I'd recommend.

• Hate to burst your bubble, but I and many other young people listen to 70's-80's music just like you. It's quite common to feel you're "the chosen one" hahah

• Omg same!!! I love listening to old music especially from the 60's😊 It's my favorite for sure

• I've always been like that. Grew up listening to the stuff my parents listened to (mainly 60-70's classic rock) and just never really cared for the stuff being produced now a days...

What Guys Said 9

• That's actually almost too modern for me. 90% of the music I listen to is from the 50s and 60s. I listen to a lot of real 50s rock'n'roll such as Chuck Berry and especially a lot of Hippie music (Beatles, Doors, Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, Peter Paul and Mary, The Mamas and the Papas, Cat Stevens, The Byrds, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Joan Baez etc.). Sometimes I also listen to Blues and Ragtime from the 1920s and 1930s. Oh and of course I also listen to classical music, which is even much older. I don't really like contemporary music so much (with a few exceptions).

• I'm with you, it's hard to find good music that's made today, but there's an abundance of awesome music from the 50's-90's and beyond as well.
    As for new music that's worth listening to, check out the band "Monster Truck" as one example.

• Well, aren't you a special snowflake? xD
    Anyway, I do too. Most of the songs I listen to, tend to be from the 70s-90s era. Boston, Led Zeppelin, BOC, Nirvana. Whole nine yards :)

• I listen to it also but that's what I grew up with, I think it's nice when people your age like it too and think the same thing

• you're cool.

• I try and not be one of those people who says "I'm born in the wrong generation" but I love classic rock!

• 60's and 70's is my favorite.

• Yeah I like those kind of songs. Some of them can be really soothing and nice to hear at times.

• I love 80s music (: