Why do people only care about xbox and playstation?

Only reason I can think of is due to the online deal. That they tend to have better online stuff than Nintendo. Though it seems like nobody ever likes nintendo games at all. Also just playing mario does not count at all. Maybe people just hate japanese base things.

Most Helpful Guy

• PC Master race and I spend a lot of time on my 3DS.

Most Helpful Girl

• Uhm... well Nintendo pretty much offers a different array of games than ps4 and xbone. And there are plenty of Japanese games for Ps and xb... but the playstyle is obviously different between Nintendo and the rest. Also Ps and xb offer better online multiplayer experiences than wii, imho. And there are plenty of people playing Nintendo but they're mostly solo play games so of course there's not going to be much discussion about them. And I'm getting the feeling that a lot of the new releases for Nintendo are playing more on nostalgia rather than offering innovated game play to capture attention. I'm not saying its bad or anything, but that's just what I feel is one of the reasons.
    Also tbh I prefer xb and Ps ui to wii. I had to go hunting for settings in wii just to change something with the internet.

• Price difference is due to money grubbing developers lol. Dude Nintendo games are pretty much one and done. Games for Ps and xb are, mostly like, sacrifice quality for affordability or create a game, throw it out and fix it along the way all the while charging more for some dlcs.

• And yes. I understand that it takes money to create maps and tweak controls and small details that make gameplay more enjoyable and such and such. And it takes a lot more money to create games that make full use of newer consoles improved processing units. I've bought some dlcs myself so. :T but I can still gripe.

What Guys Said 28

• Because of the online capabilities, Nintendo is a lot more low key... it's at the point now were PS and Xbox more or less have every game with some kind of online feature. It also runs generally cheaper than PC gaming, at least in terms of setting up.

• Nintendo's online stuff SUCKS. There's no better way to describe it. Everything, from the way they handle friends lists and online interactions to the stupidly slow speed of most online stuff (play Nintendo Badge Arcade and you'll spend more time connecting at the start of your session than actually doing anything, and likewise look how cumbersome Animal Crossing New Leaf, one of their better games for online stuff, is)

In terms of games, Nintendo successfully chased away their hardcore demographic by filling the Wii with shovelware party games, and then released the WiiU which didn't do much that was new or exciting and doesn't have many must-have games (Splatoon and?)

Nintendo are now desperate to embrace change and catch up to the rest of the industry but don't have a clue how to go about it. The NX is going to be make or break, I think.

• I really hope it doesn't become a break. No way in hell I would ever buy an xbox. Even then I don't know about a play station. Though If Nintendo ever fails guess I would since I actually like some play station games. Though final fantasy became shit after ff12. :(

• There are still some great games published on Nintendo systems (Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Fantasy Life) but they and the Japanese games industry has been left behind by developers in the West (and Eastern Europe). Think how many once great studios are now chasing the easy money making gambling machines for the Asian market (notably SNK, Konami is making similar moves) rather than try and compete with an industry that has left them behind.

Japanese games often feel downright clunky compared to the smooth action and user interfaces you find in Western games. There are some that aren't too bad (Fantasy Life is surprisingly fluid, and Metal Gear Solid V blew everyone away) but so many other Japanese games are still mired in what amounts to 16-bit RPG interfaces and plotlines, albeit with nicer character graphics.

• How the hell are Japanese games clunky? I've never seen or played a Japanese game that felt clunky. In that case you might as well say play station is shit too if you think Japanese games are crap.

If anything they have better story lines and game play. It makes you actually think and doing some really hard shit. Try playing fire emblem awakening on lunatic mode where your characters can't be revived at all. Honestly Japanese games are the only ones for me that hit you emotionally as well. It's not just because I'm a chick because I know it gets to other dudes as well.

Animal Crossing is boring as hell. The most awesome Japanese games I've played are all on my profile list.

• You are completely right, I still remember the good old times - Nintendo, Super Nintendo... N64, GameCube... I hope Nintendo will restore to its previous glory... someday.

• Nintendo games are their own class. Nintendo is all about FUN FACTOR, while the Playstations and XBOXes are similar enough to compare.

• Nintendo has shot itself in the foot time and time again with their horrible choices. They're more worried about protecting their technology than making a product people will want to buy. Microsoft has done the same thing to a degree, with all of the garbage about DRM and their original plan to force gamers to always be online.

As far as the games go, I personally don't like the japanese style for graphics. I'm not a fan of anime.

• I don't get it either, PC is so much better.

• The problem with nintendo is that they don't really care about third party developer's, loosing a lot of good games. I don't know if they can change that with Nintendo NX.

• They might change things up since Satoru Iwata died last year. With a new replacement who knows.

• Nintendo needs to be more social, they can keep their exclusives and get better relationships.

• I think I know what killed them on being social. It's probably due to that one time they partnered up with this one company. Which just took a shit on the legend of zelda game and made this horrible shitty ass version of it. Which Nintendo wishes they could wipe it off the face of the earth.

• Really i think its still just misinformation, people still look at the wii u as just an extension of the wii and assume it's not good

• I hope Nintendo keeps to their word and tells us more detail about the NX this year. ^^

• People get addicted to game machines. Playstation is Japanese. It is Sony and Sony is Japanese so people don't hate Japanese based things.

• Normally people seem to not go for Japanese games on the PlayStation. Only American shooter type games really.

• Yeah, in the USA that would be true. Also most of the rest of the world has a culture like the USA rather than Japan so thoses countries would to. What I mean is product from Japan no matter what the product is is seen as very high quality because it is. This is the actual physical product I am talking about. As for the style of games I would agree with you.

• I'm a big sucker for Japanese games - Final Fantasy, Lost Odyssey, and Hyperdimension Neptunia are my favorites :)

• Uhh... screw every console. I'll just keep using my PC. PCs are better in EVERY WAY except for people who don't know how to use them and maintain them.

• Most people like the ease of use of a console, but PC does have its own set of advantages and drawbacks.

• Because of the games.

• I played my nintendo 3ds today when I was taking my mom to the dentist I caught a shinx.

• I love Nintendo and have dreamed over half my life to work there. I want to make Nintendo games!

• Nintendo is mainly aimed at kids whereas Xbox and Playstation have the m-rated and r-rated games.

• +upvote
      yeah I think Nintendo is more aimed towards families

• I agree with u, missy. I say now, the WiiU is a very attractive system to buy! Too bad most of the market is too stuck on wanting bloody vulgur games!

• @Prof_Don I never understood why people just want to play bloody, violent, gore, and vulgur 24/7.

I can understand if it's games like,"The last of us."Since I heard it has an awesome storyline. Just he very beginning really gets to you. The rest don't really have a story line. Nor a huge rang of different styles of weapons.

• I love nintendo, and PC, I don't give a crap about other counsles, so I'm not part of these people

• Nothing to do with Japanese things because Playstation is from Japan and people love the JRPGs for the Playstation.

Most people only care about those two because they are systems with a lot of games for adults. Nintendo doesn't have a very big variety of violent, sexual or adult oriented games. They also lack a serious amount of RPG's.

• Any sexual things Nintendo ever had in a game. American game companies would sensor them and end up ruining it.

• No actually. When Nintendo came out with their first system, NES, they made the Nintendo seal of approval which forbade anything sexual. They censored themselves which is why most hardcore gamers don't care about Nintendo.

• I play mostly the Wii U and PC.
    I care not about the others.

• Lol ps4 and xbox is targeted to an older crowd. Nintendo is targeted for a young crowd, naturally the big boys will get the better stuff

• Nintendo went to shit after Game Cube basically. I still love the classic exclusive Nintendo games, but they lost me with wii and haven't been able to catch up to Microsoft's and Sony's standards.

• You're not too smart. A PlayStation enthusiast like me can't hate Japanese based things. I am also a fan of Nintendo. I frequently play GameCube.

• I would downvote you if I could. Stating I'm not smart is a stupid remark to even make. GTFO.

• It's also part of having ADHD. Even more when someone says something that really gets to them. They will blow up.

• That is also true.

• You can't do as much with nintendo, on top both xbox and playstation feature more adult games.

• I want a Nintendo console but I don't like how they are so underpowered that most game developers don't make games for the wii u. Basically all wii u games are made by Nintendo.

• The only good thing to come from Japan is Pokemon

• *gasp* So you hate final fantasy? The legend of zelda? Persona? and a bunch of others?

• SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE TOUCHED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE IT WAS MY WII ARGGGHHHHH

Lol bruh I don't know it was like two years ago!

• Yeah I would have been mad too.

• I grew up on Nintendo! Nintendo is fan-fucking-tactic...

• pcmasterrace

• Xbox and playstation was always intended for a more mature audience. Meaning they have games for mature players, like shooting, gore, fighting, and killing games.

Wii U is more for a general audience (mainly towards younger) so they don't have a lot of 18+ games. Nintendo has always made games usually for a younger audience, although a lot of adult players do play their games.

No one hates Japanese games, it's just about perspective and choice on games.

• they're better
    #TeamStation

• Online? Fuck online... have ya ever played any 20th century games in yer life generally? If not... don't call yerself a gamer...

• Pretty sure your meaning if I haven't played a game within the 21st century. Since 20th century starts from January 1, 1901-December 31, 2000. Were as 21st century starts from January 1, 2001-December 31, 2100.

I've played games from the end of the 20th century and games from the 21st century.

• Emulators are very efficient to play old school games... all one needs is a USB controller!

• @Prof_Don Still... it can't be compared wid da real one...

What Girls Said 9

• WHAT? I LOVE NINTENDO! hahah! I don't have an xbox but my brother has two of them. haha! So yeah and my cousin has a PS4. I love nintendo hand helds and my old will. Yes I still have those! haha! But I can't connect it because my brother xbox and the room. lol I love playing just dance and mario. haha! I am about to buy a princess peach game. Someday I;ll save up to buy more games. money always been tight in my family so we save for games...): But Its cool! lol I bought my soul silver using gag xper points and I got birthday money and Christmas and I put my cousin on the bus. Still haven't found a job. haha! Hey if you know any place online that need somone tag me. haha! i mean it. I spend my time online anyway online would be easy. I say I am pretty fast at responding. haha!

• I put it down to two things. First is peer pressure and the Microsoft/Sony marketing machine. Games like Call of Duty, Halo, Assassins Creed and Grand Theft Auto are all the rage at the moment. All ultra violent games. One child at school gets to play on their older siblings and parents console, they tell their friends, and it snowballs.

Personally I hate both the X-Box and PlayStation for that very reason. Where are the family friendly games? Apart from a tiny selection there aren't any. People just don't want them anymore. Everybody who was going to get a Wii now has one and they are still playing the same games so they don't see a need to replace a system that still works perfectly and has a massive library of games.

The second reason is Nintendo's failure to innovate. They need to make something that builds on the success of the Wii which had the motion sensitive controllers as its jewel. How can you better that when other consoles already have motion detection controllers? Until they think of something they will stay where they are at the bottom of the pile.

• With the wii U they tried an totally different idea. Which play station and Microsoft didn't even bother to try to be different. So now Nintendo knows nobody likes the idea of playing with a table like controller.

• Nintendo has been kind of lacking on what it has to offer compared to xbone and ps4.

My co-worker said it perfectly the other day: "the only redeeming thing Nintendo has anymore is the LoZ franchise. And who is gonna buy a whole system just to play it?"

Of course, I totally WOULD buy an entire system just to get my LoZ fix. But. That's just me lol.

• Nintendo didn't keep up with the new consoles, they have primarily stuck to Family Friendly games. Microsoft and Playstation were an entirely new way of looking at gaming and how people game, the Playstation was a gaming revolution when it came out and the N64 tried hard to keep up but it was still stuck in the old gaming ways. Games are now often like movies in the production and thought put into the depth of gameplay. People want more than a game you turn on, have a quick blip about with some bright colours and then turn off once you die. That doesn't sell games, getting people emotionally involved and invested in the game sells games.

I like Nintendo games, I love Mario 64 and I love the Zelda series - I want to buy a WiiU just to play the new Zelda but screw that, it costs a lot for a console I will only want to play the odd gameon. If they were smart they would think of some new ideas for updating the Wii (which I'm sure they will) as virtual or augmented reality is going to come in to the normal persons home very soon. They still have a lot to contribute but they need to seriously re-evaluate the market and decide where they see themselves in it. It would be a real shame to lose them.

• So you don't think Nintendo has any games that get people emotionally involved? Along with having games that can easily be beat within like a day or so?

• It's normally only Americans that want realistic games. Where they are shooting and killing people. Japan has never gotten into or even enjoy the xbox really.

• Well Japan is very fantasy and cartoon orientated from what I gather. It's a different culture.

• I wonder the same thing, I mean... Nintendo is still cool...

• I think Xbox and PlayStations are more widely known and liked by most people. Whether that would be Xbox or PlayStation, the companies seem to spend a lot of many to market them. Whether that will be like a console and game deal, or buying the gaming system by itself for a cheaper price. Like you said some games are cheaper online aswell, so that could also be a factor

Because realistically
    Xbox and PlayStations are up here
    ...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……...……
    And Nintendo is down here lol

• We will see what the nx will do, maybe nintendo will come back on top with it. 😄

• Playstation is a Japanese product anyway.

• @Toad-1 LOOOL they better come up with something gold. Nintendo has competition

• I prefer my PC over console. But, if I play on console I go with Xbox because I love playing Halo on it. PlayStation has some good games, too. I loved playing Final Fantasy games on my brother's PS (although I play some on my PC now). I'm actually wanting to buy a Nintendo 3DS soon.

So I'm not sure why they don't include Nintendo. Maybe they just aren't as interested in the games available.

• I know right. NINTENDO POWER!

• you know what? i have no idea. also i can't believe that most guys these days just sit on the internet or play video games all day long. ugh.