Do you believe in God?

Despite all the attempts and claims to disprove him, I still believe. Not saying a certain religion or denomination just simply, do you believe in God.

• Yes
  • No
@Minxxie,

I just want everyone to look at her argument against point that some go over the top against religion that I made, and she how she went a bit nuts. This is what I mean, some shove non religion down throats more that any religious person does their views

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I believe in God.

What Girls Said 16

• Nah, maybe when I was little because I was brought up to believe in god, but I don't now and haven't since I was about 12.

• Absolutely do.

• a personal god?

• Asker,
      Not all Christians are terrorists, of course, just like not all Muslims (and Hindus!) are terrorists. Many of them are good people.
      But the bible and the Quran both provide ample grounds and verses to justify religious terrorism to devout believers. Both tell their followers to kill non believers

• @jacquesvol just like the Truman doctrine annexed and basically said the same about any communists under the righteous banner of Uncle Sam? What about the lie of the golf of Tonkin our government told us to get us into Vietnam? How many lives did that take? Just like crazed atheists have shot up churches? If you're going to act like a whole group is responsible and have to answer to those who take things too far then all of us are deserving to die. Humanity might as well off itself as that darkness is in everyone of every group and people under every banner and coalition have given into that evil.

• holy fuck there's way more disbelievers than I expected o_o
    But I fully believe in God

• A lot of people don't believe in him, a lot of people think science knows it all, a lot of people like Donald trump, a lot of people are fucking idiots haha. :)

• Most of the people I have met who believe in god are quite cruel and pushy so now the whole concept of religion scares me. I like to believe that if there is a god they would be kinder than their followers are.

• I did my time in university and it was a top renown professor who made a presentation talking about evolution being a patchwork theory at best given the assumptions based around small evidence, either way I could show you my degree and you wouldn't believe it, you're too just.

I was never stalking you, one I don't care, two I made observation given how nearly every time I've seen you lost there's a big argument where you go to name calling and playing the 'educated final say' and then try to close with a self just statement belittling opposition, part of my major was in argumentive evaluation-which yours is a cyclical type and repetitive and one that resorts 'either or' fallacies and playing the final high ground. No I wasn't stalking you anymore than I'm stalking Lindsey Lohan, it's just your ridiculous persona precedes you and this helped cement it. That's right I brought this full circle Minxxie. Haha

• @Minxxie

That 'god' isn't a problem :)
      It's fan club is terrifying.

• I do!!! I don't belong to a religion but I do have a relationship with him which is more important than anything! I think feeling his love is the absolute best feeling that someone could ever experience! Despite what people may think, I love Jesus with all of my heart. He is the center of my life!:)

• Not even a little bit, doll.

• You don't have to act above others just because they believe in something you don't understand. I see no other way we came to be, science explains a lot but when you really look at it still has no real explanations.

• Why? You're assuming that people need religion and the threat of eternal suffering to be a good person. I'm a good person because it's the right thing to do, not because I am trying to con my way into heaven.

• You're personality is debatable from what I've seen in here but that's not the point of what I've seen, the afterlife is the stereotype of gleaming cities in the sky, it's much deeper than that, you'd have to somewhat educated in the bible for me to explain what I fully meant-and I don't say that as demeaning just being honest.

After all honest opinionated people you should be able to relate too doll.

• Absolutely. God is wonderful.

• Nope! Never did. I once asked someone what or who is God, and they couldn't tell me specifically. Just weird things like "a feeling in my stomach". If someone can't even describe what they believe in, it's not real?

• The point of faith is to seek God, he is not there to play daycare, he is there for us to find him and be rewarded, if angels came to our door for a census it wouldn't even be a question of course all would believe, however it's harder than that, you have to seek him and when you do you'll find him, look around you, it always seems to be those who seek God really do gleam more from it, science can't explain it and it'll piss off some like @Minxxie as it's not taught in a university but science does not have any real answers to the important questions anyway.

You may have also just talked to someone who believed in God in name only and didn't really seek him.

• I'm done explaining my belief to someone who's closed minded as a textbook to things, you're entitled to your view but don't insult others (over half of us by the poll)

• I guess there is nothing wrong with believing in fairy-tales, but I'm going to stick with reality thank you very much. The bible is just so boring and simple compared to the wonders of the universe, and the beauty of evolution.

• Nope, I'm an apatheist, so I don't give a fuck if there is a god or not nor can I be bothered to "believe" in one.

• Yes I believe in God. No one could ever challenge my belief, because my faith in God is unwavering

• I believe that the lord is our savior. I do believe in him! I might not be the best child of God, but I will never doubt his existence.

• Yep I definitely do

• If there's a God, it's pretty clear it doesn't give a fuck about this world. So what's the point?

• From my understanding she does. But she lives to experience and learn and she does it through all of us. Both the positive and negative lead to learning.
      Bigger problem is that we seem to actually dwell in Lucifers domain. So his influence is supreme in this realm.
      Oddly though everything you have ever heard is true in some way or the other.

• @jacquesvol Lucifer/Ea/Enki and his son Marduk created the Abrahamic religions. Religions in general seem more of a pshy op for these entities. It contains parts of the truth, and deeper insights but, mostly lay the ground work to set up control systems. That help further their agendas

• @jacquesvol from my understanding the original human was androgynous with 12 stranded dna and multidimensional. Created by Tiamat/queen of orion
      When Ea took control of the planet, he devolved us, stripped our multidimensionality in order to create a slave race.
      You should check out this link http://wespenre.com/ if you are interested in this stuff. he does a great job of explaining this stuff in small bits incrementley. I dsagree with some of his family trees but he gives a good detailed story, some of the most interesting reading I have done, just keep an open mind

• Nope, and it's really liberating.

• why do atheists feel the need to do strongly say how happy you are not? I don't care if you are liberated not believing or what, however to act as though the righteous choice is what you made where you speak in a tone that makes people who do believe sound like they are living impaired is not right.

Honestly I've seen atheists shove their views down people's throats more than any fanatic

• Hahahaha what... Religious people have a right to say they're happy and that it gives them comfort but I can't say it's liberating? Chill your ass.

• Chill yours.

• Sure do!

• Nope

What Guys Said 40

• No, I don't. And I don't think you understand the burden-of-proof argument. The burden of proof is not on atheists but on YOU (and other religious people) to bring forth evidence that he/she/it/they exist. This principle occurs everywhere you look, whether it's in sciences or in law. When you're suspected to have committed a murder, it's the courts job to prove that you're guilty (because THEY are making a claim). It's not your job to prove your innocence. If a pharmaceutical company wants to bring a new drug on the market, it's the company's job to bring forth evidence that the drug actually works because THEY are claiming that it does. It's not the job of the government or scientists or even the consumers to prove the drug's potential (or lack of potential). When Charles Darwin or Albert Einstein published their theories, it was not the job of other scientists to disprove them and explain why they're wrong. It was Einstein's and Darwin's job to prove that they themselves were right.
    The default-position is ALWAYS "not guilty" and whoever makes a claim has to prove that something or somebody is in fact guilty. In the case of god, it is religious people's job to prove that god is "guilty of existing". As long as you cannot prove that, we can savely assume him being "not guilty of existing" or in other words, not existing.

• You don't understand the point of faith, God is in our lives on a personal scale, not to control the world and change it or perfect it in this life, the proof is in the bible and in the world around us, when you read the bible you get more of a grasp, you'll probably discount this right away as you are set in your ways and not open to even considering but the point of faith is to choose to believe despite 100% proof, if God sent an angel to your door tonight you'd believe, nearly anyone would, but that wouldn't be faith then would it? God doesn't come that way to is because we have to go to him in faith, he who seeks finds, it's not about proving him to everyone, God wants you to prove he's real to yourself, and everyone I know who has, does not regret it. That is real enough for me, you don't believe it, I really don't care, I can tell you won't even consider what I say hypothetically, although I'll leave you with this- Einstien once said 'the only thing worse than the bigotry of the

• out that this will be the end of civilization. The Westboro Baptist Church still thinks "faggots should die". Please show me ONE SINGLE atheist who says that. You won't find any.
      - It's a fact that Americans would not vote for a guy who is an open atheist. I know you don't care about it cuz you have no fucking idea what discrimination feels like but it's a fact.
      - As for the US states where you can't hold public office:
      Arkansas:
      Article 19, Section 1
      "No person who denies the being of a God shall hold any office in the civil departments of this State, nor be competent to testify as a witness in any Court."

Mississippi:
      Article 14, Section 265
      "No person who denies the existence of a Supreme Being shall hold any office in this state."
      North Carolina:
      Article 6, Section 8
      "The following persons shall be disqualified for office: First, any person who shall deny the being of Almighty God."

There are more states like that. I couldn't list all. YOU are the hypocrite here.

• No need to disprove a deity: what is advanced without proof can be dismissed without proof. Prove the deity first.
    And which one? Here, pick your choice:

http://i.imgur.com/i4rSGOo.jpg

(click twice on it)
    (that list is almost certainly incomplete because it relates only to gods whose believers could write. A minority thus.)
    Pay attention to pick 'the right ones' in that list: they're all jealous. If you err you'll suffer or eternity in EACH hell of EACH of them. That makes for many sufferings.

• I think you misunderstand religion, you've bought into ideas that 'Christian extremists' say. It's more a personal step to find God and prove him to yourself, that's where salvation is, the denomination does not matter.

• Out of curiosity, are you a believer in the big bang? I dunno, I still can't wrap my head around that. Because then what came before that... And then what came before that...
      How can something come out of nothing? It just doesn't make sense 😱

(Granted, religion doesn't offer the most satisfying explanation with "well God was always there," but I'm just curious mostly how science would explain it-- the orgin of the universe... From nothing to something)

• @dangerDoge science doesn't really have any answers and it seems to piss them off honestly.

• No, there is no compelling evidence for the existence of God and given that religious people are claiming something exists, the burden of proof is on them to prove it. I don't have to disprove anything, because atheism isn't a claim it is a rejection of a claim. As for evolution I will explain that here really simple.

A) nothing as complicated as DNA can be perfectly replicated. Copying errors, naturally occurring radiation, disease, etc cause new patterns of genes to form expanding the gene pool. Sexual reproduction also causes increased genetic variation.

B) living things die. Living things that do not live long enough to reproduce don't pass on their genes. Living things that are poorly adapted to their environment are far less likely to be among those that survive to reproduction, which results in the survivors having better attributes due to the process of elimination. Same reason you don't see trailer trash at Harvard, they aren't likely to make the cut.

C) when the environment changes to be less hospitable to a species, some individuals will have traits that were previously not important that may enable them to survive. If not enough individuals in the species have the necessary traits to survive the new environment they will go extinct.

D) a gene can be spread through an entire sexual species if the lineage of the individual carrying the gene can survive and reproduce. One individual has x children, those x children have y grandchildren, etc with numbers theoretically increasing with each successful generation.

E) populations among a species that get separated will have different adaptations and will eventually diverge into two or more distinct species because the random and naturally occurring variations will not be shared amongst the whole species.

• Evolution happens within a species but we have always been humans from the start, look at canine, wolves are canine, poodles are canine, despite hundreds of thousands of generations to get there they are both the same species and never changed, we have always been human,

You've stated observations made by science, yet science still can't explain half of them fully anyway, Faith is about finding God on a personal scale-if you live your life by what science tells you you are a very sad man (or sack of meat and cells and harmones)

• @Poe134 most dog breeds were created within the last few hundred years. I think you are confused as to what evolution is. Evolution doesn't create new genes. New genes happen infrequently. All evolution does is select the genes that allowed to host to reproduce. Humans designed dogs and controlled which ones bred. In the case of chihuahuas, they were bred to be excessively tiny. There's no reason for them to have developed non-wolflike features.

Yes for human evolution I am using fossils as evidence. There is a very clear progression in the fossils from more ape like in the past to more human in the present. I don't see why you are so dismissive of those facts. Do you have an alternative explanation with evidence to back it up?

• You are using evidence that is not fully backed up, there are fossils of HUMANS, not another species, there is a species barrier to all and it has never been broken, you may believe we came for goo dumped out by molten ash but I do not. Please take your evidence which even many scientists question the validity of and go to another place to slew it.

• If there were a few less atheist scientists when we would have proven his existance by now. If you really just take a look at science how perfectly complicated everything is and how is works perfectly is amazing evidence for a God. However so many scientists and people blindly and angrily reject God and say that this perfect thing was created by accident that people believe it.

• Scientists like to prove things, they cannot prove God, scientists get pissed and say he's not real.

• I'm not going to continue debating. I commented my opinion and if you guys can't accept that I think and believe differently then I feel bad for you.

• @tyber1 Yes there are many scientists who go on record as not buying into evolution, and admit science has no answer to our origins, they often say most adopt this idea as it's the only evidence but they go on to say the evidence is next to none and the whole idea is patched together and not tested in the least, it's unfounded even by many scientists, and people accept it because people are idiots, let's be honest, a lot of people like evolution a lot of peoe like trump too, anyway what I mean is when people want answers they are too uick to buy into something, and for people like you who so adamantly hate the idea of not knowing something-this is easy to accept. The poor mans idea of what a human is as quantified by science, filled with innacurracies and admitted unknowns.

• There is no "god" in my beliefs. No I'm not atheist.
    If there were a "god" according to my beliefs, we'd all be god.

• I care more about whether or not my consciousness will exist after I die. There could be a god and no afterlife, and there could also be an after life but no god or any other combination. I have more invested in there being an afterlife so the existence of a god doesn't really matter to me :/

Unfortunately I'm not very optimistic about either of them :(

• I do believe in God. I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I recognize the Holy Spirit as my armor protecting me from evil.

• For the most part, yes. Though in actuality I'm probably more of a deist than a theist, despite my religious affiliation being Eastern Orthodox Christian. Simply put, I have trouble believing that God actually cares about us in light of all the evil in the world. I think that at the very best, he is the naturalist scientific type who would rather observe the world but not intervene, while at the very worst he is a deadbeat father who walked out on us. Either way, I don't see much of a point in rendering him worship, though I practice my religion because I like the poetic nature of the services and belonging to the last stronghold of traditionalism left in the West.

• I'm passively christian. I believe that God is a symbol good and evil, right and wrong, created by all the collective human minds, thoughts and opinions of this world. God decides the core values that we must adhere to in the world and we will be judged by God according to our actions on the judgment day, the day when a future mind/minds judge how we acted. Just like how we look back at famous historic persons. Erasure of journals will save us from being judged and make us look good if we did something bad.

• I see no reason to believe a higher power exists.

• I see no other reasonable way we came to be, looks like we are at odds.

• the god of the gaps is addictive because humans are lazy. 'God' is the lazy answer.

• Neither really. I can't say he dosent exsist, cause that pretty foolish really when yeah I obviously dont know everything. People can be pretty arrogant about it, while I certainly dont appreciate blind faith any more either. But the knowledge I have gained through wisdom, seem to suggest that like pretty much all religions are wrong, certainly christianity. Cause know one thing, if there is a God. He can't be less than I am.

• No, I don't. I don't think i'm any different or superior than anyone for my lack of belief, despite what conventional internet atheists may be stereotyped for. But I used to believe, I just gradually lost my belief as I grew older and more I tried to think about it, the more my atheism grew.
    I just see the proof of God to be severely lacking, from all angles. Whether it may stem from a religious argument, to an argument using science.

However, I would really love to.
    There's a nice comfort knowing that people you love will never be forever lost to you and that you know everything will be okay at the end of the day. I guess that's one main reason why most of us believe in it, anyway? I know that was why I did for a long time.

• Did you seek him? Faith is a personal journey to find God, not to be made through science or a textbook.

• Well, I don't think I should continue responding to your several points. This is not going anywhere.

Thanks. I don't like the idea of forcing my believes upon people. I despise people like Richard Dawkins who think it's okay to put down religious people. I believe it is far more important to attempt and establish a common ground for the progress of society and science.
      Likewise, I hope that you'll at least find a way to combine the idea of God and science together.

• Yes, I do.

• I find it very sad so few really know the truth anymore, science and research has uncovered a lot but does not shed one grain on what life's purpose is and how it came to start.

• No purpose beyond perpetuating itself

• Are you agreeing with his argument as in mocking science saying that or not?

That isn't a real explanation? Where did it start? What is it doing? You really think we came to be from cells knocking together and evolving to bacteria to fish to mammal to man? That takes more faith to believe in than God if you ask me, as that's ridiculous, there's a plan behind it, if not we wouldn't care so much for each other, conscious wouldn't exist, and we'd essentially be organic computers which we aren't, science tells you why you hear something, but will never explain why you like the sound and another didn't, (music) science doesn't answer any real questions about life, it's just an observation

• It is ' but the concept is wrong... meaning the books describe plural not singular' in the original language of those books. If you want more detail let me know so I can expound' if not then... that's it.

• You should read the Wes penre papers online. Most amazing reading I have ever done. I don't subscribe to a religion but there is a god/supreme creator/source. She is feminine as well.
    Absolutely every religion has parts of the truth some a lot more than others

• I do. I am currently Buddhist, but I am more Christian. I really have no care what you believe in as long as you respect what I believe in. It should be a moral code everyone should abide by. This is how we grow to understand each other. We need to stop destroying each other instead, and figure out that we will always have different ways at looking at things. So my two cents is here. Quickly too.

• People are divided in the name of god and religion.
    I don't mean to blame religions, but the people.
    I'm an atheist.
    I live in india, the land of thousand gods. We have terrifying disputes every year, and have lost 5000 lives. This is becuase here poeple are overprotective about their religion. Children are threatened in the name of god and religion.
    "Religion makes people cruel"

• Yes I believe in God

• Yes I belive in god and better I know there's a god and please no-one debates with me I am fed for the day lol

• I did until I attended a Christian school. How's that for irony? :-)

• @VirginiaBeachBum
      Mo irony, logic : the Buy-bull is a strong way to turn believers ateist.

• @jacquesvol dude just take your shit off this question, you came here to slander and be a prick, if you were overhearing these conversations in person would you have the balls to say all this? No probably not so go take your beliefs and tell them to the algae we came from according to scientists.

• I believe the existence of a greater being which I will call God for lack of a better term.

I don't believe in people who self identify as believers of God though.

• I believe in many gods, not just one supreme being.

• I believe in God as the God Jehovah, but I don't believe all the Baptist crap that has been forced down my throat. I have stern convictions, but I also see a lot of problems with the "best" most conservative churches and preachers. They are not able to communicate without using fear tactics. They can't speak in a civilized manner. Not even at home as I live as a preacher's child in the same house.

• Yes I do.

• I don't believe in anything supernatural.

• I'm an avid Christian so yes I do, although I know Homosexuality isn't a sin, and the origional hebrew translation prooves that

• nope, sorry.

• Yes, I do believe in myself.

• More from Guys
    10