What do you think makes someone smart?

Whether someone is smart or not cannot just be determined by whether they went to school and/or college. We all know dumb people with dimplomas behind their names. So what does really and truly make someone smart?

0|0
2|9

Most Helpful Guy

• Someone is smart, if they think before they act.
    Someone is smart, if they don't go around to brag
    Someone is smart, if they teach those, who aren't.

If you're smart, you will first and foremost recognise your own inability.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Two important things I can currently think of, in my opinion

-Problem solving. There are multiple ways to approach any given problem. Some ways are much more efficient than others. A 'smart' person would choose the easiest and shortest way without causing further repercussions, or at least minimal repercussions.
    This extends to the way you use your knowledge of things. A person good in math is deemed as 'smart' because solving mathematical problems require you to pick up learnt knowledge and apply it.

-The way you present yourself to a specific group/demographic. If you are a physicist and are given a task of teaching a couple of students, you would want to dial down the way you typically explain things to your colleagues, if you want to be at all effective. Similarly, if you know how (using vocab, examples, presentation, facade) to speak to a specific group of people and get the message across as efficiently as possible, I'll consider you to be smart.

0|0
    0|0
  • The ability to adapt and overcome whatever is in their way.

0|0
    0|0
  • their ability to learn and comprehend different things + previously known knowledge= smart

0|0
    0|0
  • By not being Donald Trump

0|0
    0|0
  • Smartness in their eye stare in his eyes and you will see his real face.

0|0
    0|0
  • how they look at things.

0|0
    0|0
  • many are smart few are wise.

a true definition for raw intelligence would be getting the most longterm and effective result in a field of life with nothing but your "raw materials". what you were born with. education, nurture and techniques aside.

0|0
    0|0
    • also the ability to foresee and strategically plan. but even more importantly to be able to tell what you can and what you cannot do. to know your limits.

• If they can manage to arrange their environment and theirself to their satisfaction. If they can achieve fulfilled contentment.

That is the essential problem life lays before us and if you can't solve it then whatever else you can do doesn't matter. You are like Rainman, you may have exceptional abilities but they are pointless and misdirected.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• How fast a person understands something... something significant, not those stupid jokes some idiots make and only the same idiots understand... I think a smart person has a pretty good memory and can connect stuff together quickly. Also a person who is open minded and knows how to listen, despite the strong opinion he/she already has... I think smart people are capable of that... etc

0|0
    0|0
  • how you tackle critical problems will tell if you are smart or not

0|0
    0|0