How do you feel pretty when you think your not good enough?

I just don't understand myself anymore!!! I hate that I care right now. Maybe I am just emotional today! I dunno! Maybe I need rest! lol (:

Most Helpful Guy

• First thing is to never feel like you're not good enough, because you always are. Whether the other person adknowledge's it or not is THEIR problem. Not yours. They'll regret it once you distance yourself, and if they don't, they were never worth your time. You seem pretty from the half of your face I can see haha, so don't let the "not feeling good enough" part get you down, it's like depression. It's overwhelming if you let it get too strong.

Basically don't do anything that you think will impress, or do anything for anyone else. I don't mean being kind and helping people, I mean trying to gain someone's attention or doing certain things that you know they like. It doesn't matter, only do things that you are proud of and that you want to do. Don't let other people's standards define who you are. Do what you want to do. Dress how you want to do. Look how you want to do. If you become completely comfortable with yourself, you won't need to feel like you're not good enough, because you'll know you are!

Sorry my post is a little scrambled or whatever lol, I have to think of the best thing I can think of while writing! XD
    Hope this helps you tho, because I know it's a sucky feeling and I hate that people have to feel that way, even if it's not everyday.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think everyone feels this way from time to time. I've been feeling like this a lot lately.

It sucks, but I think to get out of that funk you have to nip those negative voices in your head when they start talking. We are all going to be insecure at times. But that doesn't have to become our personal truths :)

Also, doing things you enjoy or that make you happy can be a distraction. I find when I don't feel pretty, it's usually just a bad day, or a bad week. But eventually I start to feel better.

Maybe just try to remind yourself that this feeling will pass. Just get through today and you will feel better! :)

Besides, looking at your profile pic you have nothing to worry about! :)

What Guys Said 19

• I don't understand the concept of feeling good about yourself, like gratification from feeling attractive or whatever. Makes me think of weirdos who masturbate to themselves in the mirror. (broad city). What do you get out of feeling pretty? If people called me attractive what am I supposed to take away from that?

I think it doesn't matter as long as you go through the motions without self destructing and just focus on doing things you'd enjoy. Rather than how you feel about yourself. Or how you think you should feel. its kinda a mind fuck to wonder if I feel about myself internally the way other people feel about themselves.

• I seem to recall you are very pretty. A natural prettyness. You are good enough for everything and every one! How to feel that way? Tell yourself every day. Those that care about you will know you're fine. Those that don't care or are indifferent just aren't worth bothering with.

• Love the profile pic! I am right! You have nothing to worry about.

• You should be like my sister. She doesn't give a toss what people think.

• lol i try to be lol!

• hmm never really focused on my looks just one of those rare people who doesn't have to. But anyways if i think about it i just go do something nice like get a new jacket or spruce myself up with some jeans and a nice shirt if i go grocery shopping. Other than that i already have the confidence, the rest revolves around hanging and chatting with friends or knowing that im headed in a direction i want to go.

• You need to chillax. You lie down. I'll read you something in my blissful English accent ;)

• The question is not good enough for what?

Even the best looking people will disappoint someone. It's a glass half full half empty type of situation.

Whatever the answer to my question is... Once you know what you are trying to be better for - that's what need to align with you. When you are with the right person for example, you'll feel like a million bucks.

The prettiest girl can feel ugly around the wrong guy. Seen it many times 😊

• Just think about how attractive you are compared to really ugly people and those with botched plastic surgery.

• I think self-esteem should come from the things you can do, and not from the way you look.

I think the way that you look is just a surface value characteristic that won't be around nearly as long as talents and intelligence that you develop along the way.

That said, looking good isn't completely useless, but I think most women put too much emphasis on it.

• Everyone has those days... usually it is lack of sleep and just a general, who gives a crap type attitude kind of day!

I think the weather has a lot to do with it!

• I just try to remember that your physical attractiveness doesn't determine your value as a human being

• Also it's been a while since I've seen a picture of you but I remember you being very pretty

• Well spring is starting soon so you can always workout at a park or something if you can't find a gym you can afford

• Yeah I suppose!

• Good enough for who? Yourself or someone else? If its someone else, fuck 'em. Because life is too short to live by someone else's expectations.

• this is the most cheesy shit... but it really is true: you will be pretty in some guys eyes. and this is even more likely if he likes you for your character too.

• I look in mi rror, flex and remind myself who that tall jacked athletic dude is

• Just remember that some (some) people do know how fascinating you can be. You just need one to know that about you, and you will feel how warm it is ;)

• Aww... lol I dunno! hahah! I think i need to sleep. I just ugh one of those days were I wish I was pretty.

• You are really pretty actually :')

• I don't really know how to help you in this, but I pretty much hate myself, and I have depression, and the lowest self-esteem possible

• I think of how attractive I'd be if I ever manage to slim down.

• I like today's avi. I'm assuming it's you? :)

• Say it with me!

you are smart enough
    pretty enough
    and damn it, people like you! #QUEENAPPLEFOREVER

• silly apple you judge yourself to harshley :P

What Girls Said 9

• Honestly, I don't. I just let myself be. I turn off emotionally and go into "I don't give a fuck mode because it makes no difference" mode. Honestly I don't believe in the concept of "not being good enough" because only you can measure what it means to be good enough, no one else can

• I think that's the problem with the majority of women in this nutty society. Myself included.
    Just do your best to make yourself feel better. If that means a new blouse or some cute lipstick or lipgloss... maybe doing your hair another way... You know - do something that makes you feel special. =)
    Works for me - ad least a little bit - little by little - helps a lot eventually. ^-^

• i don't care about feeling pretty lol. i worry about that stuff when i have nothing else to worry about.

• Some of the best people sometimes feel horribly about themselves, and you happen to be one of the best people♡ We are all fighting an inner battle. The rest of us see how pretty and awesome you are #Applesauceforever

• please read mytake on how to love yourself, and see if it helps you :)

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a25741-you-should-go-love-yourself

• Apple you are is pretty though.

When I don't feel at all pretty I just layer on the makeup until I feel prettier, so ok not natural at all.

• I honestly go study something so I can feel brilliant and not care about my looks anymore.

• all people are good enough, you just have to reach the inside of your soul to realize it.

yet another reason why I never listen to myself, because I feel like you!

maybe you're having an off day? you'll be ok! 🤗

• Look at your best features and play them up