My neighbor raises a snake as a pet. Can I call police to intervene?

Seriously f##k this. I am very terrified. It is a middle-to-large snake. Can I call police to stop him from keeping this f##king snake?

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha you cannot dictate what kind of pet other people can keep. Snakes are legal to keep as a pet just like spiders are. I have agoraphobia and I'm pretty sure there's at least someone in my building keeping a spider as a pet, too but so what? You just gotta deal with it and how about focus on some more important topics in your life instead.

• Do you mean arachnophobia?

I have kept both tarantulas and scorpions in my class.

• Haha yes! I saw it only once when I was little, so it's one of those vague childhood memories, but I definitely remember killer spiders terrorizing a small town lol.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/30c7rea.jpg

I am now waiting for the movie "Pantophobia" (fear of everything). It will be the most epic, ultimate horror movie ever made. xDDD Nobody will ever make another horror movie after that, because there will be nothing more to say in the genre, LOL.

• @nfigure haha wow I'm really looking forward it now 😂😅

Most Helpful Guy

• Why is it any of your business what your neighbor has as a pet?
    Not sure what country you're in, but snakes are legal... Don't know if there are certain types that may have restrictions, but I've seen people walking down the street with giant snakes over their shoulders... a little freaky for sure, I'm personally not a big fan of snakes, but a friend of mine has one in a terrarium, it's probably a 3 foot long snake and it's one of those things you get used to and realize that it's not going to hurt you, especially if it's in a terrarium and/or in the control of an owner who is knowledgable and not a moron.

So to answer your question directly, yes, you could call the police, but they're probably going to laugh and tell you "Tough sh*t".
    Besides, do you really want to be THAT neighbor?
    Nobody likes that neighbor, and karma's a bitch. Next time your car drips oil or your grass grows an inch or two too high, your snake owning neighbor might just call the cops on you.

What Girls Said 9

• Only if it's against a municipal by-law to have exotic pets. Better check before you call, otherwise they could fine you for wasting police time.

• No you really can't, if the snake is contained in proper area.. even though I don't think anyone should have snakes larger than garden snakes in their home.

• Unless it's illegal, no. Damn stop being such a chicken shit. You should be more afraid of people than snakes.

• what? no this is normal

• Is having snakes illegal where you live? Search about it, if illegal, then call the police.

• No. Mind your own business.

• Lol.
    No.
    Unless it's illegal in your state to have a snake.
    Suck it up buttercup.

Ill sic my snake on you.
    She's little so she'll crawl in your mouth snd eat you inside out

• Depends, its legal in some places...

• Pythons and boa constrictors can be pets. They sell them in pet stores. Is it an anaconda? Those are illegal in some places, and not safe.

• I do not know about its species, and I am actually not interested. It just looks scary to me (and my girlfriend).

• Even it is not poisonous, it can still strangle/suffocate people die. can't they?

• I don't recall that happening with a pet snake. A teacher brought his to school and there was zero incidences. My dad's friend brought his to a picnic once, too and nothing bad happened. Precautions should be taken in mind, like with any pet.

What Guys Said 12

• Unless it violates local laws about keeping potentially dangerous pets, then no.

More people, in fact FAR more people, are injured by dogs than snakes.

I have kept snakes in my class. They are non venomous and totally legal. In fact, they are my most popular critters among my students. At first, many of my students feel the same as you about snakes. By the end of the year, virtually all of them have changed their minds.

• It depends on your state and local laws, assuming you are in the US. In most cases, as long as it's not poisonous and he keeps it confined, it's unlikely there's anything that can be done about it.

• Mind your own fucking business, Unless it actually hurts you, you have no right to call for someone to lose his pet.

• You're a grown ass man, and you're scared of someone else's pet?

Go see a shrink.

• Depends on the law. Some snakes are legal to keep as pets. Boas I know are legal.

• Not unless it's an illegal species.. Most constrictors are legal as pets in the US at least.

• No you can't

• I think you need to sit your ass down.

• Depends on your local laws. Most of the time, it's perfectly legal.

• Don't be such a pussy. I kept snakes for over ten years and never had a problem.

• Snakes aren't illegal to have as a pet you wuss, you'll be fine

• Call them and ask...

They would know better than the people on here...