Why do so many men at IMDB think they can survive the zombie apocalypse?

I got into a heated flame war with most of them over this. I tried to point out that the food/water issues, hygiene and many other problems. You will have very nasty people men/women who will take advantage of you. If you get shot or cut you just can't go to the doctor. You will experience weeks or months of pure horrible pain.

Lastly there are zombies everywhere and IT WON'T BE EASY TO KILL THEM LIKE IN THE WALKING DEAD. In the show they are doing perfect headshots, perfect head stabs of which the normal human can't keep pulling off 24/7. Even the best shooters in real life have to take their time when doing headshots depending on the distance.

(Also don't get raped or have sex because if you have a baby you are pretty much fucked. Babies poop a lot, need food, cry a lot. But first thing is that during the birth you won't have water or towls.)

It blows my mind how every single IMDB user thinks they are Rick Grimes. Chances are every IMDB user will be the first zombie killed by Rick in season 1. Some dudes need to wake the fuck up and realize they aren't superman. You dudes will die just as fast as the women in the zombie apocalypse. It's a whole different ball game of mind fuck and you the human are the prey 24/7. Society is dead and there are no fucking rules, no god, no peace.

0|0
2|10

Most Helpful Girl

• Realistically most people could survive a zombie apocalypse, corpses deteriorate quickly and would fall apart and begin to decompose before they could cause much of an issue. Unless they were magical unrottable undead they would be destroyed by the elements anyway. Zombies in colder climates would become like freezer-burned meat and fall apart, those in warm climates would rot very quickly so it wouldn't last long. I don't think they would make it long enough to crumble society as we know it. I guess it depends on what kind of mystical abilities you want to give the zombies in your story. The biggest issue would be dealing with the diseased remains after it's over. But I think that infected people would be quickly quarantined so not many people would have the chance to get infected. Now if you wanted to make it take place in a different setting like a few hundred years ago they would have fewer resources to deal with it and often lived in closer quarters so it would spread fast. Much like if we had a bubonic plague outbreak in 2016 they'd be doling out vaccines and putting people in quarentine before it could get too bad. But if there were zombies in the dark ages it would be a catastrophic mess! Even if the zombies didn't last long they could do some serious damage.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• you're forgetting several things:
    1) people day dream and fantasize about this. a lot. so, while it is all just fictional silliness in their heads, they do actually think of things that, if it came true, would help them survive, at least for a time
    2) a lot of people like camping/hiking. they know how to do simple field medicine, make fire, purify water, etc. so, especially if they already own starting gear, bug-out bags, etc, they're good to go
    3) anyone serious about trying to survive would never attack or fight through zombies. you run. you hide. you stay quiet. if you have to raid a store for goods, you have a team of people make noise and a distraction to pull crowds away so you can get in and out WITHOUT encountering any zombies.

look, most people would die in a zombie apocalypse. it is called an apocalypse for a reason. but anyone who lives? if they find people to work together with, and were smart, they could survive. and with how much it has been pushed in pop culture, people have honestly considered things now about how they would deal, so if it happened, they wouldn't be frozen on the spot trying to get their head wrapped around things, they would grab water, food, medicine, blankets, fuel, people they trust, a vehicle, and get AWAY from population centers, and plan from there,

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• The question is why do you care so much what strangers on the internet think about a fictional situation?

1|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• because it's the internet. And the fact is they'd survive better than you. AS THE ZOMBIES XD

Seriously though, most people just have no idea. it's that simple. They think they're tacticool or some shit. Killing zombies isn't the problem. Killing them silently is. One gunshot, and every walker in a HUGE range will go "braaaaains", and boom... you're surrounded ^^

The ones with a cance to survive are campers, hikers, hunters... People with a minimum knowldge of self defence, and a great knowledge of long therm survival. anyone living in a town is pretty much fucked. Simply because of the high number of zombies there. Also because... let's face it.. most city folks can't survive for shit XD

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would you go into such a detailed argument over something that isn't real.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not sure why you care so much about angry Internet dudes on imdb or why you need to bitch about them on this site. You engaged in a flame war with them, so...

I'd just hop on a sail boat and ride it out, cause zombies can't swim.

0|0
    0|0
  • in my opinion the people working on nuclear class subs will probably survive the longest as they only need to obtain food and medical supplies to live. Also those living on islands in isolation if the contagion isn't airborn.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know... Why do so many men think they'd be good at racing cars and sex?

0|1
    0|0
  • maybe because they don't believe bit will happen

0|0
    0|0
  • WHAT the fuck is an IMDB?

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a very specific question.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would survive because I would turn into the savage you just described.

0|0
    0|0