Would you rather be happy or smart? And why?

Most Helpful Guy

• The question reminds me of the exchange between Zaphod Beeblebrox and Aurthur Dent in 'Hitchhikers Guide' when the mice want to buy Arthur's brain and replace it with a robotic one.

Z. You could just program it to say "Where's my tea?" and no one would be able to tell the difference.

A. I'd know the difference!

Z. No you wouldn't, You'd be programmed not to.

I'd rather be aware, or smart as you put it. To get the same effect as being happy without being aware all you have to do is put a gun to your head and pull the trigger.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well im already smart so ill take happy...

What Guys Said 12

• I'd rather be happy, even if I'm the dumbest man on the planet!

• smart, sometimes you need to face the truth of life. Happiness doesn't take you where you want. Rather than smiling all the time, I would rather know where and when to smile.

• Happy because its often those people that are that live the most meaningful lives. But i am smart i suppose

• Smart, because I'd rather know the sad truth, than be ignorant and live a lie.

• if your really smart you will find something or someone that you like so in turn you will be happy. but if its the rare circumstance that the person is one of though people who hates everything about life. i would take being happy.

• If I had a choice to either live in the matrix as a happy camper or be smart but know the truth

~ignorance is bliss~ but id rather have greater knowledge

• Smart, just because I'm smart doesn't mean I'm not happy.

• happy xD i mean what good is being smart, if you´re unhappy? i´d rather be dumb but happy.

• I your choices can I be happy and smart?

• They say ignorance is bliss. I wish I could try it for a while just to see if it's true.

• Being smart makes me happy, so I'm both.

• smart I'll never be happy

What Girls Said 13

• ... Happy.
    "Smart" Comes with Having Knowledge, and Being Wise as an Ol Owl, Like I am with Age... I pretty much have Both, if Never had Any Brains.
    Good luck. xx

• Definitely happy. If i was smart but unhappy, it would have a negative affect on me emotionally so i wouldn't be so smart, because the mind can't focus when you are unhappy

• Happy, because intelligence allows you to see how dumb humans are generally, which is a sad thing.

• Happy of course because being happy means you got things in order , satisfied with whatever you have.

• Smart. Being happy isn't helpful.

• As bad as it sounds I would rather be smart than be happy and unintelligent.

• Happy for sure.

• Being smart is actually gonna get me somewhere in life so I'll go with that.

• Id rather be happy and smart 😊

• Happy definitely! Being smart doesn't make you happy

• I would rather be smart because if you will be happy if you smart

• smart cause if i'm smart then I'll get happy

• I'd much rather be happy.