Should I get the tattoo?

I've been 18 for a few months now and I've been thinking about getting a tattoo. But my parents are against it, they basically forbid it while I live with them but since I'm 18 I'm legally allowed to get it without their permission. Is there anything they could do to me for getting it against their wishes?

Most Helpful Guy

• Getting kicked out the house or forced to pay rent comes to mind. I'd wait unless you can easily hide it or know for certain they won't do anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should wait until you move out of your parents house. As long as they are supporting you, you should follow their rules. They CAN kick you out! If you're sure about this tattoo then you can wait until you move out. You have your entire life to get this tattoo so why would it be essential now? I completely understand your point of view though. This is just my opinion!

• I'm just living here because I'm still in high school. I have a job, pay bills, and all that just like most adults. But I can see what you're saying and I appreciate your opinion/help. 😊

What Guys Said 3

• Well you could do whatever you wanna do but I wouldn't recommend it, I'm not a fan of tattoos at all but by doing this you'll piss your parents off and you are under their house and I'm sure they'll see it as very disrespectful I don't see a problem waiting 2-3 years and avoiding an argument the chance will always be there.

• I wouldn't get a tattoo now because there's a very good chance that you'll regret it when you're 30 or 40

• No, tattoos are for idiots.

• Really there's no nuance on the issue.

• Whatever suits you.

• I've potentially broken a shitty cycle, I'm happy.

What Girls Said 1

• They could kick you out. Just get it in a place they won't ever see and don't worry about it.