Does anyone find it amazing that there are still people who refuse to accept evolution?

Even though micro and macro evolution (speciation) have been observed. They even try to move the goal post by saying that it has to become a different kind of organism but organisms will always be part of the same classification. All dogs will be dogs and all cats will always be cats. However cats and dogs are the same kind in that they're both carnivorans and around 50 million years ago shared a comman ancestor that looked like a genet. Does anyone find it amazing that there are still people who refuse to accept evolution?

Careless_Whisper, Macro evolution is speciation and it has been observed the only lie here is that it means "one organism turning into another kind of organism" which it doesn't. And order can arise without a creator (take crystals).
Basically, if they saw an animal like the genet evolve into something like the fox and margay, they would say that's micro evolution, if they saw those animals evolve into someting like the jackal and clouded leopard, they would say that's just micro evolution and if they saw those animals evolve into a wolf and a jaguar, they would say that doesn't count that's micro evolution.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, see, eventually there will be fewer and fewer of those people. Until none of them are left.

(;

• Heh tx for the MH luv. <3

Figures, the one opinion I write that DOESN'T have a milllion billion words.
      I crack mahself up sometimes, glad you agree lmao

• Yr update is confusing because you actually wrote "micro" three times. lol

but I mean, duh, right? It's not that different from how people across a mountain range from each other will have different accents after a generation or two, and so on. I mean, even populations of snails evolve divergently after you build a freeway through their habitat, and shit.

It's all basically just common sense. The problem is that people don't apply common sense to things that they learn in classrooms.

• oh, I explain what i meant in the link I posted in the reply

Most Helpful Guy

• It's crazy these people still exist but above all, it's extremely tragic. In the case of the US, where there are still tons of these people, it's also a sign how bad public high schools are (especially in conservative states). Politically speaking, the whole thing is pretty fucked up. Conservative, religious zealots who themselves don't believe in evolution (nor in education) become Republican politicians and use their political power to spend all the money on waging wars instead of financing public schools so that high school teachers are paid fair salaries and can do a good job educating the next generation. And because public high schools are so bad, the next generation doesn't learn anything valuable about biology or evolution either and stays as dumb as those politicians. In some areas of the US, the only way to actually learn something and become smart is by educating yourself - which kind of defeats the whole purpose of public schools.

One of my favorite situations of somebody dealing with these people is when these christian fundamentalists talk to Richard Dawkins and say "obviously, one kind of animal can't just develop into a different kind!" And Richard Dawkins makes this really annoyed-amused face and he says "'KINDS' IS NOT A BIOLOGICAL TERM. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS 'KINDS'!!!" It's a great example to illustrate how these idiots don't even know the very basics of biology and more tragically, they don't CARE to know. They just want to keep wallowing in their own ignorance. The same goes for people who deny global warming. I wanna yell at them THIS IS NOT A MATTER OF BELIEF. THERE'S BELIEFS AND THERE'S SCIENCE! Arrrgh.

What Girls Said 11

• Blah blah blah I still won't believe in evolution haha it shouldn't bother you like it does. Stay mad then

• The fact that you have to say "I still won't believe" as opposed to I still don't believe is why it bothers me -_-

I'm mad because so many people spread misinformation by people like you who are admittedly closed minded
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoIo_FUj408

• Also, when something is backed up by as much empirical evidence as evolution, it's no longer "belief" any more than a heliocentric solar system is. And in case you were going to go on the micro vs macro tirade, read this first: adquidorator.wordpress.com/.../

• And why don't you believe in evolution exactly?

• Pisses me off when people are given scientific proof of anything and still don't believe it, because would rather trust something some random dude said because it aligns with what they want to believe is true.

• Yeah, I'm working on a blog that goes into it in more detail but I clarified the difference between micro and macro evolution in one of my takes if you wanna check it out.

• I don't know much about evolution but all I know is that I didn't come from a monkey

A monkey is not my ancestor. Or was it apes? Lol

• All I know is that if you are a human you are both an ape and a monkey :)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmWbgKzpew4

• Monkeys>>APES>>>HOMINIDS>>>HUMANS
      Neanderthal was a completey separate species

• Even if your a Christian. The source material for all Abrahamic religions. The Sumerian ENuMA ELISH which contains the first recorded copies of genesis, noah, tower of babel, Armageddon, garden of eden etc. Says the The star beings came down and mixed their DNA with HOMO ERECTUS to make modern man

• yeh, i suppose its very surprising but i dont care too much tbh. what difference does it make to any of our lives really what a person simply believe unless they are actting on it in some detrimental way?

• Micro evolution is real.

• I think evolution is just a bunch of bull. You can't really prove it and it really makes no sense.

• It makes perfect sense and it has been directly observed.

• It doesn't make sense to me. I do believe that species may be closely related but I don't believe in all that other stuff.

• How would they be closely related if it weren't for common ancestry?

• No. Most people are not particularly smart. Not even the ones who do believe in evolution.

• Nope, not at all

• No, but I lurve the pix!

• Wait what

• What i find amazing is that you continue to ask these questions...

What Guys Said 9

• Speciation is variation within a kind. It is not one kind becoming a truly uniquely different kind. The jump from one genus/family to another does not happen, and never will.

Also, speciation is DEvolution. Natural selection DEvolves organisms by throwing out information that is not beneficial to survival. It cannot invent information from out of thin air, which is essential for Darwinism to work. To have new information, you need intelligence to draft it. The presence of information in the first place implies an Informer. Code at the subatomic level implies a Coder.

This leaves you with theistic evolution at best, but that creates its own problems.

• Macro evolution has NOT been observed. This is a repeated lie that so many people take as fact. Macro evolution is pseudo science and a fairy story. If it takes millions of years then it has never been observed. Once upon a time sea creatures crawled onto the land, without legs, and somehow survived. Then they discovered that some had a penis and the other had a vagina. They eventually evolved into other animals and then into apes. The ape then had a pee and out came male and female.

Okay, I know it probably never happened exactly like this, but this is the kind of foolish garbage that you would have to believe if you believe in macro evolution. It is a stupid nonsensical fairy tale that millions of people accept as fact. The world has turned common sense upside down. Common sense tells us that order and design has a creator and that objects do not create themselves. Macro evolution is hogwash.

• Haha not really, I understand what your saying and in regards to most subjects denying that kind of evidence would be amazing but in regards to our origins it's not really that surprising that people would prefer to cling to a religious worldview as the scientific worldview is rather bleaker.

• Well I believe creation first and foremost but I do not dispute micro evolution it's macro evolution I do not believe in.

• Macro evolution has been observed, we discussed this before

• you can believe in leprechauns if you want
      but having two sides doesn't imply symmetry

• *shakes head*
      Of course not but that goes both ways both mine and yours.

• People who are very close minded and ignorant will believe anything they here from "the priest". Also the education system is very touchy about teaching the theory. They do not dive into it as much due to conflicting Christian beliefs. It is quite sad people ignore science! But people will be people, if that makes any sense

• We used to think the atom was the building block of matter until we discovered electrons, protons, neutrons then inside them different quarks. Embiotic symbiosis and a common ancestor for all species is just a theory like most science is.

• I have come to the conclusion that creation, evolution, and panspermia have led to the abundance of life on this planet

• more like abiogenesis and evolution

• So then you have complete faith in the scientific institutions?
      I'm not denying any of that happened
      I'm saying other things happened with it

• I find science facinating just as the next person but I believe in a Creator that is God..

• Even if god created the universe it still wouldn't mean evolution doesn't happen

• I believe in it and have faith, yiu can have both