It weird playing as a female character in games?

Okay so in all the videogames I've had, most of the time I've always chosen the male character (this is normally in games like skyrim, oblivion, WoW, gta 5 etc). But is it weird me wanting to choose the female character in future games? I know that this question may be silly you some, but I wanted to see. The main reason I choose a female character is because I want to look a bit more different to everyone else, and also because I fancied a change to see how customisation is with the other character. I'm 100% straight though, but people might see doing this is something strange or people might get the wrong message and think I'm a girl/transexual lol, just a though

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's weird. Sometimes I play as guys just because I like their character design better. Besides, the way I see it, it's kind of like reading a book with an opposite sex protagonist. It's just one way to go through the story/game, not a reflection of your own identity. People might think you're a girl of course, but just correct them if needed and they probably won't care.

Games are for fun. Have fun. :)

• Nah ahaha, they'll know I'm a guy, my name is basically my username lol, but yeah i agree with you

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm playing Skyrim as a male spellsword right now but I'll play as female when I will go for the stealthy assassin type of geplay.

What Girls Said 4

• Pick who you want. I'm sure there are no girls that doubt choosing the male character because of what other people will think or say.

• nah ton of guys do that!

• My dad is doing the same thing because "female characters have more luck", I'm dying out of laugh at his logic, but whatever. 😂

• Not weird. Girl gamers often have to play games as male characters so it's fine.

What Guys Said 1

• I often play as a female character just because it's nicer to look at rather than a dude all the time.

The only drawback is her having to stop and change her tampon once in a while which can get you killed if at the wrong moment. 🙄

• oh yeah absolutely, because things like this happens in video games ahahaha