When did you became and adult?

when did you became an adult? what was the first thing you did that made you feel like a grown-up? things you did that made you say yes I am an adult now. I am talking about life event?

NO BIRTHDAY STUFF!

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll let ya know when it happens.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe 20 that's when I realized every situation doesn't need a response/entertainment, I don't need to be apologetic about who I was or the people in my life or decision's I made, I created my own happiness if I couldn't find any and to not be embarrassed about what I believed in or liked because this is MY LIFE and I'll live it as I like! Know one will influence me other wise. And the most important of them allll... I got a job that was stable, that way I didn't have explain to my mom why her credit card had so many vibrator and porn charge's😧I get lonelyyyyy toooo*Drake voice* Lmao 😂 no seriously 😕

What Guys Said 17

• i became an adult around 17, then lost it around 18-19, then became one again at 20, then lost it again at 21, then got it back at 23

• When I scored a touchdown (football, not a sex reference lol)
    When I started doing my own taxes
    When I first presented to business executives
    When I lost my virginity

• I don't know, for the most part I'm still a kid at heart! :P

• When I got called for jury duty when I was 18. I felt like I was an adult earlier than that since I was already working and had graduated from high school a year early. But sitting in judgement of someone facing prison put a little different spin on things.

• Going to boot camp (US Navy) at the age of 18 had that effect for me.

• Supporting myself and paying my own bills. This was after undergrad.

• you never do. you might decide at one point to behave more like an adult but you never actually become one.

• I guess I'm as adult as I'm ever going to be, but I've never felt as adult as most people my age until the last few years.

• When I started working at my current job like 1.5 years ago

• When I thought about marriage and then asking her if she would be my wife. I was 20at the time

• Uh, I was an adult when I was 14, living on my own.

• hahahahah , when a girl asked me ( we didn't see each other for a year ) how did u became so handsome and tough. i was almost 15 i can still remember her looks :) what about u

• 29. I killed a part of myself that needed to die.

• I registered for the draft.

• Still avoiding it... :D

• as soon as i came to the world

• When I got my first erection.

What Girls Said 13

• Maybe when I finish my undergrad haha I still feel like I am figuring things out and I am not a full adult yet, my boyfriend and I are just two unsure students trying to figure out how to be adults together. It's hard and so it's nice to have someone to face it with!

• I started feeling like an adult when I started paying bills.

• Haven't done anything to make me feel like an adult yet. Though having adhd I will always feel like a kid and not an adult. :D

• When I cleaned my room and no one noticed

• Bought my house. Felt like a champ that day

• when I got my first paycheck

• Moved out of my parents house and had a full time job

• 18 after the emotional consequences of after having sex.

Paying my own bills

Working

• When I paid my first rent. I knew I was finally on my own.

• this year lol

• 26. I finally wasn't depended on anyone. I was finally making my own decisions, doing things for myself. It seems old but that's when I actually felt like an adult.

• When my mom first confided in me about how she was abused by my grandma, and I saw her for the broken person she was instead of my childhood abuser. It made me realise that love and abuse were not mutually exclusive, and that love did not automatically mean understanding or respect. That the tragedy of life was in good intentions producing terrible actions and that sometimes, there was just no right answer.

• I felt like I was growing into an adult little by little between 17-21, I'd say. Paying bills, working, having my own place to take care of, being responsible, etc.