Do you think that sword can be used like Christian symbol of the cross?

this is quite personal so I looking forward to your answers.

Ok update. If anybody is owing sword, can be this sword used for praying the same way like cross or no? What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• It should be used for praying like cross because of shape. Many times I've seen in historical movies.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 1

• I don't understand the question.

You want to put a sword up on the wall and pray to it? That goes against the fundamental parts of Christianity, doesn't it? False idols etc?

• I dont think so. You have proof across all the history of Cristianity from Crusaiders times. Sword was used instead cross for praying. This is part of history and this is what Im sking for - your opinion on it like opinion of this century. I cam understand that in your age its little bit weird but I must repeat - its part of history. So, my questio is little bit more clear now?

• No, it's even worse. Haven't the foggiest idea what you're talking about.

• Ok. Forget about it and dont answer anymore. Thank you.

What Guys Said 7

• the assimilation was done more than once but it isn't logical. For a sword to look like a crucifix, it should be held by the blade :-p
    images.firstcovers.com/.../...hew_10:34-673078.jpg

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...0a9c4f01af.jpg

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...1d2f4b031f.jpg

• You want to wall mount a sword as if it were a crucifix? I suppose that's possible, with the right backdrop to remove ambiguity of intent.

That's the symbolism in the original "Sleeping Beauty" cartoon Disney made, with the way the sword is shown after Philip defeats Maleficent with it. It's in-your-face symbolism for the Dragon (Satan) being overcome at the Cross.

Hana-Barbera's "Greatest Adventure" cartoon used a sword in the same way, when Adam and Eve are blocked from re-entering Eden.

• "Where there's a will, there's a way" or so they say.

You can probably use it as a cross if you want to, but if you want all that religious mumbo-jumbo, then you probably want a real one.

• a sword? i think a sword is bad ass, so it wouldn't be fitting to use as a symbol for christianity.

• Yes. The imagery of the Cross was built into the European broadsword or bastard sword.

• What does that even mean?

• Lol.. ok, once again : Sword is cold weapon shaped like cross. In the medieval ages sword was used instead of cross. What is your opinion : is it right or not? ( I hope you will understand now. If no, Im out of ammo and you should forget this Q.)

• The medieval sword look was devised from the Christian cross. So yes.