Why do females suck at playing league of legends?

This depresses me greatly. There doesn't seem to be any females on a challenger level like any of the guys that play. I seriously want to know why. I know it has to do with skill but still. I'm seriously curious about every possible reason.

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you want the easy answer or the real answer? Males tend to try harder, devote themselves to it more, practice harder, spend more mental effort getting good. There are more males who play in general.

Then there's the fact that male and women just have different mental capabilities, and at least some of those differences make men better at video games. In general men tend to be better at developing acute skills. From an evolutionary standpoint it was probably more necessary to for them to reproduce as it made them an important member of their community. If they weren't the best at something, no matter how minor, they were basically expendable.

There isn't much of a difference, it only really matters at the very top, where people are at the very limit of ability. The average girl is probably barely distinguishable in play from the average guy.

• I know this sounds bad but the best female gamers I know personally tend to be the least attractive,

Most Helpful Girl

• I play LoL and I've gamed with a few other girls who definitely knew their shit. The problem is just that there are by far more men playing LoL then women. Therefor it makes sense why there aren't many women on challenger. It's cause we are vastly outnumbered. I don't claim to the best myself but I do believe I have skill in the game and placed silver before. Due to time constraints I couldn't go further but I'm really hoping to get gold this season if time allows me to do so.

What Guys Said 28

• I think guys are more into competition in general, you can take any competition even the ones that don't have any or few physical components and guys will be a the top. Chess, Magic the gathering, any videogame not just LoL or anything else you can think of. If you look at gorillas the males fight each other and the winner gets to mate with all the females, same with lions, rams and other species not all but some. Some people think that's a part of why human males are also better at competition.

On top of that there's not as many girls that even play League.
    I know that there's stats that say more than 50% of gamers are women but that's only if you include mobile games and shit like that. In LoL it's more like 90-10 or maybe 80-20 so you're already lowering the odds from the beginning. Then the ones that do play tend to be on the casual side.

They just want to chill with friends in unranked games which is awesome but you're not going to get to challenger like that. There is also a theory that guys tend to be more obsessive about things. Thats why so many brilliant people are guys (Mozart, Newton, da Vinci etc.) but also serial killers and lunatics. You see more rich CEOs more brilliant inventors (on average only about 3.2% of inventors are women so 96.8% male) but also more homeless men, more menatlly ill men more suicides by men. It's a double edged sword. Maybe there just aren't that many women who want to spend hours a day on LoL in a professional way improving, grinding etc.

The only female progamers I know are Scarlett and Remilia, there were a few Starcraft players in Korea (like Startale Aphrodite and there was another one I can't remember) that were on teams but they never played in any games so I'm not including them. In the end there's differences between the genders that haven't been fully researched yet and in competitition it seems there's quite a difference. Anyway I just listed a few ideas that I have heard about and could have some merit, you don't have to believe any of them it's just ideas, tell me what you think.

• There's a strong fear of not being able to express yourself doing what you love as equally and freely as your male counterparts. Lilian Chen, former competitive Smash player, explains how the attention (positive, negative, or super creepy) you garner as a woman in a predominantly male space can make you feel. As a woman in these spaces, you're often judged by different criteria, which can feel awkward and alienating.
    ideas.ted.com/.../

While some women in gaming are trying to put themselves out there to garner respect and representation for women gamers, this is often perceived by the male audience as "attention-seeking".
    femhype.tumblr.com/.../females-in-competitive-gaming

It requires a lot of emotional effort to make a space for yourself in a world where the community is mostly male, where you can't always trust that your fellow competitors will treat you like a human being; and on top of that, those who control and advertise these events don't really want to acknowledge you - women - as part of their consumer base. You have to be ready to be purposefully left out of major media representation for your favourite hobby.
    www.polygon.com/.../women-in-esports-professional-gaming-riot-games-blizzard-starcraft-lol

Src: www.reddit.com/.../

• Because Zilean got $WAG, that's why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DlK6UYv42c

• It's not just girls, but anyone below master/challenger.

For a serious answer though.. perhaps they're too kind to want to take lives?

• The male brain and female brain are just a tad bit different.

• Yes. The male brain EVOLVED to be good at destroying the nexus turret. We've been training for this for a million thousand years.

• @Leaflar You can literally apply that to anything.

• @Mesonfielde Yes you can. Adaptability is rather important in evolution. For men, though, it was more important to be the best at one thing than good at stuff in general.

• Guys on average seem to be more hardcore when it comes to competitive tasks like PC games.

I haven't know many hardcore PC gamers in my life.

• I think girls just tend not to train their kinetic and precision skills so much in this regard.

Same reason why I suck at CS:GO and SC2, really.

• Actually I've noticed its Asian males who play the best, they are always the ones who end up winning the tournaments.

• Have to confess... i never played league of legends :p and it's so popular haha.
    In what games do you find more girls playing?

• I've seen a lot of chicks in this one online game called "grand fantasia." That's about it since any other games I play I have never heard a chick playing it. Only time I heard a chick talk while playing warframe it was on planet earth. Which is a really low level planet and is easy as hell. I never hear any when I'm doing higher level missions in warframe.

• In general women tend to be more social and have more going on in their life than men, men who have social lives tend to not be as good as other guys who gaming is their social life and play 8-15 hours a day. very few women do that. so they won't be as good as those who do.

• Because obviously having a vagina physically disables you from playing on that high a level.

• Because they're too busy making sandwiches huehuehuekaiser :^)

• one of my friends is around 20, she's slow but she's good though

• That's one of those games with steep learning curve and needs time and dedication to master it. Even then, to get that far you need to tolerate a LOT name calling and other bs.

• It's not a trait of the female gender, there's Guys that suck, Intersexes that suck, Agenders that suck, Bigenders that suck, and there a member of any other genders that exist that sucks, there you go

• Because you haven't met the girls who play LoL at my school.
    Bitch fucking rekt the turret in 2 mins using fucking ZYRA of all things.

• Do you play the game? If you do, how good do you think you are?

• I gave the game a try about a year or 2 years ago. I had to stop due to my internet becoming so bad that I couldn't even download the game. Now I'm not sure what is keeping me from trying again. Just keep forgetting to download the game. Though I love to watch things that happen in LCS.

• games dont seem to be very popular among girls less girls = less good girls

• I think they're just not as dedicated as men are..

• It's because adc is a boring role but all the best female champs are ADC or mid. Mid is a very common role for people to take if they are first pick, leaving females with having to take male champs over and over as the other three roles have much more male champs designated for them.

Men tend to care less about maining female champs but women tend to care a lot more about maining male ones.

So, there.

• Its challenger, there are only a few spots for that rank, I bet there is at least one female in Master.

• Git gud scrub lol

• Not all, but most of them like playing as the 'support'.

• Females just suck a video games. That's just lyf

• i die on coop vs ai dw

• Honestly I've played LoL at Challenger tier and am presently playing Smite at masters (grandmasters - fine I haven't gotten there yet this season, season just started) and the upper-upper echelons are all male. As in, not a single female.

You do find a (proportionate to the gender population) fair amount of girls if you stoop down to the Diamond tiers.

I don't know why. The girls I play with who are bordering that level are much too aggressive towards the other players though. Which certainly screws over their team's performance.

Maybe you should aim to be the first? ;)

• I doubt I have the talent to do that. It's been proven that ADHD does affect players and their ability of reacting quick enough. So my reaction time is bad thanks to that. Plus I'm HORRIBLE at multitasking. Since thanks to adhd my focus level is shit. So lol challenges what I'm the most weakest at. Which is having to focus on so many places around you all at once.

Along with a strong enough internet connection. Which is what forced me to stop playing to begin with. Plus I don't want to do the pvp part against real players on LOL. Mainly due to the fact that my boyfriend lives in portugal. So he would play on the European server. I would be stuck playing alone on the NA server. I seriously rather wait till I'm with him physically so we could both be on the same server and not have horrible ping.

• Oh god if they did that and medicare doesn't count for it anymore. I'm going to be extremely fucken screwed. Since I have the most severe kind of adhd possible. Which I've honestly never seen anyone as bad off with adhd as me. Though might be due to me having the autistic disorder too. :( Which makes adhd worse as well.

• Completely off topic but I (and my entire class) was advised to get an ADHD classification for university. Seeing how the concentration enhancing drugs commonly used SIGNIFICANTLY (we're talking triples) your learning abilities.

So well, maybe it isn't such a bad thing.

• Don't expect most females to be hardcore gamers... it's a guy's thang mostly...

• women dont care about giving the effort and dedication that is required in competitive gaming. men are much more likely to dedicate like good little hermits. it might have to do with actual skill and eyes - to hand coordination and reflexes too, cause men have more of that, but its mostly a societal issue. most women mock games and those who play them usually do so in a vanilla level... .

• at least male forever alones kill their single time in more creative ways lol.

What Girls Said 9

• Females can't play video games. Their minds are too preoccupied with things like their kitchen and baby making to focus on playing video games.

• Female games players are definitely in a minority. I always thought it was because we are better as socialising and so we didn't spend our lives looking for something else to do and ended up sitting alone in your bedrooms staring at screens all evening.

(I played EVE Online for about five years, I have competed all the GTA and Halo games and I play a pretty good game of COD but I have never tried LoL)

• I'll make up for it by being good at street fighter 5...

But ya know boys dominate the gaming world in numbers. Tis life

• I haven't played LoL in years. When I did, I just played Ashe. It was ok, but I prefer Heroes of the Storm if I play a MOBA style game. Not sure why there aren't any challenger level females on League. Maybe some are there to just have fun and not take it so seriously?

• Lol there is truth in this. I suck at League

• Perhaps the game does not attract many female players and thus few women stick with it long enough to become highly skilled players.

• I don't see how since some of the skills are pretty funny. Plus they have some cute characters. Like Amumu, Fizz, Gnar, Lulu, Poppy, Teemo, Veigar, and some others.

• That doesn't mean that the game environment attracts and retains female players. Like the way that Mormonism has trouble retaining recent converts.

• Most girls are kicking ass in Call of Duty than they are in a fantasy genre of game.

• Yeah but that's cuz COD is for weebs. Point shoot point shoot. Omg 360 quickscope. Weeb game.

• Gaming with friends and teasing the loser is much more fun though ;)

• @FakeName123

I guess when you don't play for trophies

• 😐 go somewhere

• Gamers are such snobs.