Can a normal fairly stable person be driven to murder? or do only crazy people murder?

So this is just a question i been thinking about lately.

There may be little doubt that there is something mentally wrong with
mass shooters for instance, but what about just one murder? Can a mentally stable be driven to murder someone?

They aren't insane depressed, deranged, have some kind of dimentia or what have you. They are for all intents and purposes normal. Can that person be driven to murder?

not self defense either.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes i believe that is true. I am not an aggressive person at all and i hate any sort of violence or injustice, but if anyone murdered my nieces or nephews i think i would be capable of killing whoever harmed them. I love my nieces and nephews as my own kids , they look on me as their second mum. So i think i would be driven to kill anyone who harmed them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe every mentally healthy human being, is a good person. No, I'm not spouting this because I'm a humanitarian or whatever.
    Everyone has their reasons for doing something. Even the Nazis sacrificed some thing or another to be part of a cause greater than their own. However, I believe that people are susceptible to emotions both good/bad, that have the tendency to cloud their better judgement. Often times, a person at their breaking point is no longer able to overcome them, and snaps. Doesn't mean that they won't be horrified after finding out what they did.

What Girls Said 7

• Have you ever been in a relationship with someone very clingy? Someone who won't leave you alone? You broke up with them because they were suffocating you so now they're stalking you? I got really close to killing that guy. Luckily for me, he got pneumonia, went to the hospital and died there.

• Nope because they are normal!

• If they have been driven to murder then they are no longer stable.

• so there's no such thing as a non-crazy person committing murder?

• Do you believe that anyone is capable of murder? just say or do the wrong thing and they may heavily consider it?

• no I don't think most people would consider murdering you if just annoy them

• "My theory is that everyone is a potential murderer. Didn't you ever want to kill somebody?"

-Strangers on a Train by Hitchcock, pretty much sums up how I feel about this lol.

• There was an article I read.

I only remember the title.

Anyone kill but it's what stops them from killing.

• Anyone is capable of murder especially when bought to your breaking point. All you need is the right combination of things. Also there are cases where people with tumors commit crimes like murder.

• Yes because that's their 'purpose' what they want to happen.. So they try.

What Guys Said 10

• Yes, stable people can be driven to murder, if the circumstances become overwhelming for them and they can't think of any way out. Of course, at that point they are no longer stable.

• I have within me the potential to kill but not to murder.

• In a two phase scenario:
    A mentally stable person can be driven to become unstable.

• in my opinion, any person can do anything. There is nothing stopping us outside of environmental conditions, how they were raised, personal mindset, choice, and opportunity.

I remember playing a video game where the object was to use the perfect condition to create a soldier out of anybody. Funny thing is not only was the game a training exercise for the main protag, but for the player as well.

• Yes, its called the death penalty. When you try to justify to yourself that murder is ok you are metaphorically pulling the trigger.

• Random murder is usually some mental illness problem. Crimes of passion by "normal" people are very common.

• Anyone can commit murder. It's the ability to restrain yourself from doing so that people struggle with in life if they have any sort of morality. Not all crazy people are violent.

• Everyone have there braking point. Just talk to a veteran who has been a POW

• yes, i think this happens more than people think

• Yeah anybody can be driven to murder with the right reason to... that is all... huehuehue