Have you ever regretted giving someone your phone number?

They blow your phone up and text you every second.
It's so damn annoying, shit!

Where do I meet these psychos from?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes; not only phone calls but also texts; when I was naiver I always took at least 30 minutes before I responded to a girls text, which was usually answered right away, before I wised up and stopped responding to texts and phone calls completely.

Somehow my friends though I was crazy for not responding to them and they didn't get it across their thick skulls that it was annoying as fck

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha yes I have in the past. It was so annoying when they call you randomly without considering if you're busy or whatnot.

Thanks God these days we have so many social apps where I can share my id instead of giving them my number. At least I can block them immediately when they started to annoy me.

What Guys Said 13

• Nope. I never get texts so yeah. LOL, no one likes me enough to text me lol.

• You bet, so now I always lead only with e mail addresses!!!

• Yep I do.. I've given my number to a couple girls who confessed their undying love for me immediately. Awkward af.

• Just get their number and call them from now on.
    Least then you can put a block on the caller id.

• Nope because only people I know and trust have my number and no one other then those people will ever get it.

• I have a Google Voice number, so I don't have any problem giving it out. If they become a problem for me, it's very easy to block them with a "This number has been disconnected" message or send them straight to voicemail. My choice. :-)

• I have two numbers. I rarely give out my main number to people. I suppose it's fine if they wanna talk, but then I'd rather agree on a time when to meet up. I am not too big on the phone culture.

• Luckily no I haven't, but I have a call blocker Android app just in case! :-P

• i wish i had that problem, I seem to get women who want to have a relationship with me but are to busy to have one, kinda sucks, I like hanging out with a girl I care about or talking when we can't be together, women who like that are a dying breed.

• yep, psychos are from bad colleges or dance schools for me.

• I regret everything I did since I breathed my first breath.

• Absolutely. I regret it about ten times.

• Back in 6th grade, online, oh yeah. Scam.
    In person, never.

What Girls Said 13

• Yup. I gave my number to a guy from my lectures so that we made sure to remind each other of upcoming deadlines and for the times when I get lost due to room changes or sleep in, it's useful to be able to text him and be like 'Shit, it's happened again' :P

However, he seems to prefer calling me (and I hate speaking on the phone so much) and every single time he's called me since I've known him has been an awkward time, like he'll call late at night and it's theoretically fine because I'm barely ever asleep anyway but that doesn't mean that I particularly appreciate being called at 11pm or, even worse, at like 2am. Even if I'm not asleep, it's not like I'm the only one here, y'know? It disturbs everyone else too.

• i have, yeah.

what happened was, i was never that girl to give my number to random people i just met. so one day i just thought, fuck this, let's try it someday.

a guy approached me, got my name and he asked me for my number, i gave it to him.
    he wasn't a 'bad' person, but i felt so... cheap. like i was just another girl on the contacts list, just another way to kill time.

I don't know if that makes sense. so i don't really do that anymore, unless i know him to some degree.

• So if a random guy approaches you and you like him and the so called personality, you still won't give him your number?

• @LionlyRose probably not, if he doesn't ask, then id say, 'would you like to hang out again sometime?' and we'd arrange it there on the spot. it obviously isn't impossible since people did it before phones existed.

• I mean, of course he would ask for your number, otherwise there's no point in approaching you in the first time. But you said you don't give your number to random guys.

But if you are willing to ask a guy to hang out sometimes, then I assume you will be willing to give your number if he asks you.

• God, yes.

I gave a dude my card at a *networking event* and he took that as an invitation to ask me out. Like, no. That's not that that's about.

• Thankfully, I haven't had that problem. I'm sorry you're dealing with it, though.

• That never happened to me, because people rarely ask me for my phone number.

Some people are really crazy and there's also other people who don't know when they're bothering someone.
    I guess you can block them.

• Yep.. I know the feeling 😐😐

• Yup!
    And then never did it again.
    xD

• Heya!
    I thought I was the only one who suffered from this curse. OMG she's always blowing up my phone and asking personal questions and worse she's my next door neighbor so i can't exactly block her...
    I need a new number girl... :(

• my sister gave my number to a psycho girl so I blocked this girl, Nope I never regret giving my number yet

• No one asks me for my number, probably less than 20 people have my number anyways

• Blocked

• Totally! This one time I was on a dating site and I gave this guy my number because he kept messaging me. And so I was trying to be nice and just talk to him and give him a chance. But the guy turned out to be totally psycho. Like he kept messaging me, even though I told him I was not interested in meeting him (he said some very concerning things). I was very polite about it, I told him that I felt bad for wasting his time, but that I am not interested in meeting him. He said ok. And then the next day started talking to me again as usual.

For months I ignored the messages. Even blocked him. But he still messaged me. the app I used to block him still let me view the message.

Even a year later I was receiving messages.

He would say things like "what do you think our kids are going to look like?" "What would we be doing if we were on a date?" "What kind of sexual things would we do?"

Like literally a year after I had told him no, and never responded to any messages.

• Whoa , I'm scared just reading this wtf?

• He hasn't contacted me for a while (thankfully!) But I am so careful now on giving out my number!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more