Have you ever been in debt before?

What was it like? and how long did it take to pay it off?

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a 20,000 dollar debt with a collection agency. I was sued when I was 18 and for some dumb reason I didn't show up, which unbenounced to me was an admission of guilt. I'm debt free now, they just took my tax return for 10 years lol

Most Helpful Guy

• yes we had credit cards, car payments an a house payment. we started with the smallest bill and always payed extra on it untill it was payed off, then we took what we were paying on that bill and used it to pay extra on the next bill. untill we are down to just the house. we dont have any CC anymore and we have a saving account for when we need or want something.

• how long did it take to pay it all off?

• 3 years, still paying on the house for the next 18 years started with a 30 year mortgage and lived here 10 years

• oh ya i forgot about paying off the student loans

What Girls Said 4

• Nope!

• Yeah I owe a bundle on a house and I just bought a car. 😱

• Yes I own a house. It took me 15 years to pay it off.

• Nope, never been in debt.

What Guys Said 3

• I had to take a loan with a mortgage to buy our first house.

• how long did that take to pay off?

• I'm not sure, 10 years or so. I had good conditions thus I wasn't in a hurry to pay it off earlier and pay an extra reinvestment fee to the bank.

• Yup, currenty in student loan debt. Been steadily paying it off.

• only emotional debt