Am I the only one who hates to be alone?

Am I the only one? I hate to sleep, eat and live alone. I hate being alone.

• I hate it too!
  • I love to be alone.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't mind it. For the most part, I am a pretty honest person, and I am nice and respectful to everyone I might. However... since I was a kid, it seems like every time I made a friend, they would end up turning on me at some point. As a result of this, I stopped opening to people.

I spend a lot of time alone now. I don't really have any friends. The friends I do have now live in other states, due to work, life... etc.

I go to the gym alone, I go to the movies alone, I go to the mall alone, I eat alone, etc... It doesn't bother me and I prefer it... it's better than being around people who are fake and who secretly hate you.

What Guys Said 10

• Humans are social animals. Being around other humans is a need. I hate humans. In general. Most humans anyway. And even I need some time around them or I start getting depressed. Though, I still mostly value time spent by myself.

In prison, the punishment they give people is isolation from other people. They go insane in solitary. In other words, if someone isn't around even criminals, murderers, and rapists, they'll go insane. It's like that movie Cast Away, where Tom Hanks crashes on an island, finds a volleyball, paints a face on it, and starts talking to it like it's a person.

There was also an ethically questionable study done on Reece monkeys. The monkeys were isolated for varying periods of time. Some of them died. Some of them were so damaged socially that they couldn't return to the group. Some became violent. Some killed their own babies or got in fights with the other monkeys. Some were described as being listless and depressed, further isolating themselves. Humans are also primates, so we share that characteristic. Being around people is a need.

Human babies will actually die if they're not held or touched. That's how much humans need human contact.

Though there are different types. The proverbial introvert "recharges" when they're alone. The proverbial extrovert "recharges" when they're around people. Introverts get tired when around a lot of people. Extroverts get tired when they're alone. Introverts still like being around people, however.

• I don't think anyone likes being alone, but they'd just rather live in the moment and be happy instead of wasting time worrying about something they can't change

• I don't mind it

• At times I like it and other times I love being in a socially dynamic setting

• I agree with you girl

• no one likes to be alone, but we have to learn to be alone and use that time in ourselves.

• I enjoy my alone time, not many can understand why.

• Nah coz I know some people are only one call away
    So I don't mind when em alone sometimes

• I'd rather be alone than havin' someone over ma head all time...

• I could come over and we could do 69.

What Girls Said 6

• I was Raised Among All these Family members here, dear, and Even with Having, Always Have Had, Many friends, I have Never really Had the Chance to Find out what This feels like So... I enjoy being Alone when I am Able to Be... Like now, Early in the morning and through out my day.
    I am So sorry for your problems in "I hate" and You are Just One of the Millions of Many who Do feel like This, sweetie.
    Perhaps with Socializing More, you Can put an End to this, my Friend, and Get... A Mate or even a RoomMate.
    Good luck. xx

• I'm really introverted so I love my alone time. Not to sound awful, but I prefer spending my weekends doing my own thing than going out with friends.

That being said, I don't like feeling lonely, obviously... I'd love to be in a relationship and spend my nights cuddling with a special someone.

• I like being alone because I am an introvert but I hate being lonely.

• Depends on my mood

• I love my alone time.

• I love to be alone