Are bullies psychopaths?

Are bullies psychopaths?

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Girl

• They're often sociopaths, yes.
    The only difference between a sociopath and a psychopath is that a sociopath has the capacity to feel emotions while a psychopath does not feel anything at all. Therefore, they're usually sociopaths because sociopaths are driven by emotionally sadistic reasons while a psychopath would not have many reasons to pick on someone since they wouldn't feel much anyways.

What Girls Said 9

• Psychologically, no. "Normal" people or people who are not psychopath are able to put down others so they feel better about themselves.
    Humans are capable of shutting off parts of the brain in which they "care" or "empathise" with an individual of a specific group, for instance there have been experiments that shows that no matter how empathetic you think you are, naturally the human brain care less about seeing a person of another faith being stabbed rather than someone from their own faith. Just doesn't activate as much the part of the brain that "cares" about the other person. So yeah normal peoples brains can care less about people who are different from themselves whether they like it or not. And it's not a mental difference, it's just human nature as tribal/pack animals.

So in truth, anyone could be a bully, depends on what circumstances drew them to bully in the first place - insecurity, seeing everyone else bully them, feeling of power it gives, etc. And I don't believe all bullies are sociopaths either. It's so easy to become a bully people don't even realise.

Psychopaths brains are different from normal people because for them their social interaction/empathy part of their brain is shut off a lot or completely. So they don't understand or care at all what it might be like to be in your shoes or in anyone's for that matter.

• The tribalism aspect is a depressing and ever present unconscious undercurrent in our species =/ The next stage in our evolution will be going beyond it.

• No they are people who probably hate themselves more then they hate others. Also they might have been subjected to bullying once in there life. So in order for them to feel better about themselves they project it in a negative manner to others. It's not an excuse because what they do is despicable. But merely some insight that makes you understand them a little more.
    take care!

• Nah... Mostly just insecure idiots.

• Not always but they can be

• True bullies are sociopaths.

• No.

Bullies have feelings and psychopaths do not.

• Some might be sociopaths. Others might just be insecure.

• Not necessarily psychopaths. But I agree that they might have physiological issues.

• Depends on the person

What Guys Said 9

• Not only psychopats. From 99% they are frustarted from their own life. They are unhappy and unsuccesfull. So they are became bullies. I had someone when I was in highschool. Only defence is to beat him. I've did it and broke his nose from very start.
    My advice : If you're not strong enoug, ask your friend/s. B. .. is this is the worst form of school life.

• They are just cool kids and Hi every man like dominance and don't tell me you don't cuz you must be chick to say that and even chicks want that do nowadays but its man thing.

• A few may be but most don't rise to the clinical definition of psychopathy.

• Yeah, some of them are, but most of them are sociopaths.

• Most bullies were bullied themselves. That's how they learn.

• Sometimes

• no i dont think they are, actually they are petathic individuals, i had a guy like that in my class, it was mostly verbally insulting people, once he mad a joke about a girlfriend i had back then, i smacked him in the side of the head, warning him that he is crossing a certain line with me, and once he was pissing me off for almost an entire hour , we had to do some revising and the classroom i was sitting in there was no teacher, onyl next door. that teacher would walk in sometimes to check on us, and in between when the teacher wasn't there mr. . sshole decided to insult me. i was blowing off steam, the teacher came in and saw me getting really annoyed. so he took me away from there and i told myself, ill be waiting at the exit of the door and when he walks by im going to give him an extremely hard low kick, which i did, he was stumbling through the hallways the rest of the day, he walked up to his nerd friends and i told him, bro they ain't going to help you. you better shut ur f. cking mouth because if u won't , i tell you, you are going to hurt way more then this. after that he was cool.

• One of the commonly found traits among psychopaths is: Above average (social and otherwise) intelligence.

You pick. Do you want to call your bullies psychopaths?

• Some are, some aren't. Same as anything else.

Looking for a simple answer to another question?