Always keep the seat down?

Here's a scenario we're all too familiar with, most often from sitcoms:

Husband goes to the bathroom.
Husband forgets to put the seat down.
Wife, after some time, enters bathroom.
Wife loses shit and yells at husband because... reasons... I don't know...

This, for me, at least, produces an entertaining mental image of, say, Scarlet Johanson, all groggy in the morning, walking to the bathroom, not noticing the seat is up and falling into the toilet, screaming like crazy.

Has this scenario actually played for anyone? How was the aftermatch?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have fallen into the toilet before yes. It was unpleasant. It's 'cause I'm used to living in a house with a 2:4 guys to girls ratio. Someone left the seat up and I wasn't paying attention, and yeah :/

It just makes sense to put it down because guys need it down some of the time and girls need it down all the time so it's logical xD

Most Helpful Guy

• My mom trained my brother and me to sit down when peeing and that's what I only do now. The only time I ever stand while peeing is maybe once a year during the summer when I'm at a BBQ party in the forest or something like that. I even sit down in public toilets. It's just become a normal habit for me. I know some guys find this gay or whatever but I really don't care. The truth is: it's more comfortable and it's more hygienic and thirdly, why would it even matter anyway. It seems a little childish to me when guys are all proud of standing while peeing. It's okay to get excited about that when you're a 6-year old boy but when you're 25 or 30, it's a little immature. So I never have these problems with my girlfriend because the seat in our bathroom is down 100% of the time, except when we're cleaning.

What Girls Said 3

• My boyfriend and I put the seat and the lid down after use out of habit. Even if he didn't I wouldn't really care.

• I live with a bunch of guys and I could list about 100 things they do that I find unbearably annoying, but this isn't one of them

In my house we keep them down as well so ya it took some getting used to. It's not exactly pleasant to sit down without the seat being there

• All the bloody time and a wet arse is not what we want...

What Guys Said 1

• I'm a guy and I always sit on the toilet because usually I only go to the bathroom when I gotta shit. And I never ever really notice if the seat is down or up, I just put it wherever it needs to be.