Why do hunters have to kill seals?

See this is why I hate society killing innocent animals for no reason. Why do they have to do that for? Its really sickening to think what they go through.

Most Helpful Guy

• Seals for Greenlanders and people living up in the artic circle eat the seals to survive They are high in fat a Protane And they give me body nourishment so that people can live so there are reason for seals to be hunted there is a Pacific island I forget where but they still hunt whales they use wooden spears and canoes To help hunt them they only take 6 a year another. The lion isn't being over hunted increase human population alone is killing these animals.

Man kills to eat save he's flock or killing unknowingly just by mating and expanding the human population sad but that's the way it goes.

Really the only people killing animals for no reason are poachers

Most Helpful Girl

• They eat them and use the furs for clothing. You have no idea how little food there is in the Arctic or how much money it costs to buy it from the grocery store. So yeah, people turn to their ancestral ways of feeding themselves, and that does involve killing a "cute" animal (that are classified as pests).

What Guys Said 13

• pelts, meat, blubber.

i don't like the killing of seals but they have their reasons... don't really agree those reasons are valid enough but they are reasons

• They kill them to control their population - otherwise the seals would over populate, potentially eating all the fish (putting fishermen out of business) and then there'd be a mass starvation because of too many seals.

The pelt and meat is also worth something (it supports a lot of aboriginal communities).

So there's your reasons. Suffering? They shoot them with hunting rifles. Hitting them with hammers is the more traditional way and isn't done as often.

• food, money, population control.

• Well I hate defending seal hunters, but they certainly don't do it for no reason. They do it for seal pelts and sometimes meat.

All animals are innocent unless we are talking a grizzly bear about to kill you. That hasn't stopped demand for leather shoes and Big Macs though. It isn't any different just because seals are cuter.

• Well I don't live on the coast or have any experience in hunting sea animals but I'd imagine they do it for the same reason we hunt deer or turkey, pheasant etc.

Some make a living selling the pelts, meat and fur of animals others like me kill because I need those things and of course some hunters actually are evil and just kill for sport which I as a hunter think is wrong.

• Hunting is hunting and if it is the persons source of food and has always been that way then cute does not matter.

We are no different than any other animal/predator... a shark, or a killer whale does not look at the seal and say... wow your to cute to eat?

I am not trying to be as ass at all here, just giving the flip side... to be honest, I think they are way to cute and don't think I could come to harm them either.

• Because clubbing baby seals with an even cuter baby seal is often the best way to hunt. Because... they... have to hunt?

• Because they taste good

• Because if they kill one species of animals and not the other, won't that be partiality? :(

• Money. They sell the furs and usually the meat too.

• I couldn't agree with you more.

• Hey, ever see that video where the seals are raping a penguin to death? Makes me feel less guilty.

• because they rape penguins. no animals are ever innocent

What Girls Said 2