Can anyone recommend a good laptop?

I'd prefer to stay around $500-600 at most.

Most Helpful Girl

• This question makes me sad, because no specs. What minimum specs are you looking for?

I mean, if you are just looking for "a laptop that runs", basically, and doesn't totally suck, and comes in one piece and runs out of the box, you can get yourself a Lenovo Ideapad 100S for $150 or so (more like $200 to start, but, let's be serious, you can just go to retailmenot and find coupons for everywhere).

The only real disadvantage of the Ideapad is that its hard drive only has about 20 gigs of storage, but, you can just use microSD cards, and it comes with a free office 365 subscription (with 1 terabyte of cloud storage).

So, unless you are looking for specifically better specs (or a gaming laptop -- which there's NO WAY you'll get in that price range, fyi), just get a machine like that, and save yourself a few hundred bucks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lately, lenovo has had really low price and realiable machines. Just go to ebay, and type "Lenovo ssd" or something like that, they usualy come qith 8GB of RAM an an intel i5.
    They are somepart produced by IBM, so they are ugly as fuck, but they are freaking fast if you're not looking for gaming, it's nice. They are usually also small, but the battery isn't that good, I think they only last a couple of hours.

They are usually under 400 euros, and the second hand ones are usually from companies that bought them in high quantities. A friend of mine just got one.. the SSDs have low capacity (150Gb I think) but maybe you can find bigger ones, I don't know..

Something like this one:
    www.ebay.com/.../272143464687

• The one I sent has a low freq CPU, but then again, it depends on what you want to do with it.

• Ok, my friend says that his battery lasts about 4h

What Girls Said 4

• So many makes have been sold with bloatware and insecure software. The only make my brother and I have found to be reasonable on a low budget is Fujitsa (Fuji). We have 3 between us, and our mother. No problems ever. We'll wait a little while longer before upgrading to Win10, and then the fun will start as it's full of spying functions in the name of Microshite giving us a "better experience"!

• Just do some research and you'll find one within your budget

• oh I have a mac?

• I like lenovo

What Guys Said 6

• Anything made by Hewlett Packard or Apple.

• Hey :-)

It depends what you want to do with it. Is it for documents or graphics/photo editing?

Either way a laptop with 3 or 4 gigabytes of ram and at least a 1 terabyte hard drive. I would stick to big names like HP/dell/toshiba or Samsung. They will all be widows 10 now or should be. Try Best Buy if your in the USA or Canada.

I'm in the U. K. So we pay a fortune so your lucky xxx

Let me know how you get on xx

• You should look around on the relevant SubReddit https://www.reddit.com/r/SuggestALaptop/

• It depends on what you plan to use it for. Most laptops are around that amount. So, you should be able to find a decent one for a good price.

• You can't get a good laptop with that amount of money. Of course it always depends on what you want it for.

• lol no one answering *cricket* Cricket cricket