TELL ME NOW HOW GOD IS NOT REAL?

Yesterday on the news we heard about a A man in a potentially fatal car accident walked away practically unscathed recently; and not only him, but also his Bible! After his car burned to the ground, a Bible was found inside, fully intact! Watch this video to learn more.

please atheist tune me in how gods not real even after this Why was it that the only thing not burned is the bible on the front seat were the man was

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I believe God is real. I don't believe that God is a man as in Christianity, but I do believe in an underlying force that controls everything.

• Brilliant !!! Spot on !!!

• @Aizou Good quote

• "An underlying force that controls everything". That's particle physics, asto physics, relativity, quantum mechanics, the "big bang" etc, etc, all of which we know in part, but we're still learning slowly.

Most Helpful Guy

• You put here quite hard question. People who belive in God will trust it. Atheists never. This is like to talk with blind ( you know what i mean). simply - ( Im Christian) - who is beliveng knows. Who not, will try all possibly methods like to turn you are wrong.

• Thank you for MHO.. i didn't check it sorry. Thank you

• Sometimes its pity. Like MHO should be picked up the best answer always.

• But there is no best answer what do you do then GAG would pick one you don't like

What Girls Said 9

• I think that anyone can show you how many people get raped everyday or photos of kids in Syria who've died because of a war that they don't really even understand is happening, or people who are still sold into sexual slavery or taken as prisoners of war or beaten and abused. We can even look at how many kids are raped by people like priests who are supposed to be teaching the ways of god. There may be cases like these where you can point to God's involvement but there are so many other cases where we can criticise God's lack of involvement.

If God is so great that he'll stop one guy from dying in a car crash but will let hundreds of thousands and even more people suffer every day of their lives, then he's incredibly fucked up, isn't he?

• Just to let you know, because the bible says God has given man free will, he can't control the actions of vile, atrocious human beings when they freely choose to commit crimes against humanity. This is a simple truth that many people seem to overlook.

• @Esplorare God is also said to be omniscient and omnipotent, so it's not simply overlooking a truth, it's picking and choosing what truth to believe.

• Wait okay, so why did God let the car crash and the fire happen in the first place? If the dude was so great that God wanted to save him, why not just prevent the car crash? Less trouble for the man, less pollution of the environment, overall just better. Obviously it couldn't have been because God wanted to give us proof of his existence because we all know proof isn't required for true faith, as evidenced by Jesus's refusal to perform miracles on command just to prove his power. Makes no sense.

• Because god has a reason for all if his car didn't crash something else would happen maybe even worst

• God has a plan and His plan will come to Flewishing if you want it to or not

• That's such a lame excuse. If he's omnipotent then his plan shouldn't require anybody suffering. Besides, in regards to the original topic, if the car crash was part of god's plan, I don't see why anyone would be grateful for just surviving. Like, if someone punched you in the face, would you thank them for not stabbing you as well?

• Anybody can get lucky. Doesn't mean that there's anything supernatural at work. Aren't Bibles usually bound in leather? Isn't leather fairly fireproof?

• He not real!

• There are a lot of tragedies in the world like the fact that Donald trump is running for president. Which I think makes the founding fathers roll in their graves. Why has your God not stopped this tragedy? Here is an anti possession symbol to piss the religious people
    fc03.deviantart.net/.../...ianmckenzie-d3bdnws.jpg

• Bible=leather bound
    Leather=flame retardant
    Flame retardant=no burn
    Do you understand now, my sweet ignorant child?

• "My sweet ignorant child" You are 14 years old. -_- According to law, you are a child. No need to have a condescending tone over such a harmless question @LovelyComputerVirus

• Ignore Esplorare, that "adult woman" is a hypocrite, she and I once had a long back and forth through PM (mind you she started the whole entire chain) because she thought it was rude of me to comment on her opinion uninvited, she ended up blocking me after several HYPOCRITICAL personal attacks (she was trying to lecture me about personal attacks while personally attacking me lol). Now she's here commenting all over the place uninvited lol. Ignore her, she thinks she's all that and a bag of chips 😂.

• How did the paper inside surived

• Show me a God and I will believe.
    Until then you're just yelling nonsense.

• No you won't even when you see god Satan going to deceive you and make you not believe even harder

• I believe in god..

• AHGGGG ALL CAPS!!!

What Guys Said 31

• please tell me how God is real after all the shit going on in Syria and other parts of the world.
    after both World Wars with millions of deaths, the holocaust, burning people on stakes etc.

if you want to argue like that you need to see both sides and not just pick the ones which prove your theory and ignore the ones that speak against it.

religion is a personal thing, do your own thing and respect other peoples beliefs, even if they might not be compatible with yours. you can't convince anyone who doesn't believe in God with something like that. They want scientific proof and you can't give that. This will end in a useless discussion where no one will agree with the other ones. Wasted time

• I don't think a god has to be good though a god is just a creator who is immortal.

• @blondfrog exactly what i think too

• Just to let you know, because the bible says God has given man free will, he can't control the actions of vile, atrocious human beings when they freely choose to commit crimes against humanity.

• Mostly because a random event being attributed to God doesn't actually mean it was necessarily God.

It could have been the Devil, or Karma, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Or just LUCK.

• Oh come on you know that Jeep was a sinner. That's why god burnt it and sent it to hell.

• Exactly, what if the person turns out to be a serial killer? So God saved a man that's gonna kill who knows how many?
      Asker's logic is ridiculous xD

• Yesterday I drop a toast and it didn't land on the side of the butter... #godisreal

-___________-

• you see the point is: everytime everything overly positive happens you are like "praise the lord, this is god´s will" thereby claiming to know that you know what gods will is.

every time something negative happens you say "the lords ways are mysterious"
    in that case you don´t know if it was gods will.

if you only praise the lord, when something positive for you happens but not if somebody dies, isn´t that a double standard? like selective love for the god you so firmly seem to believe in?

the thing is, you only seem to understand god, when he does stuff in your favor. if he doesn´t, you don´t get it. what good is a god like this, who you don´t understand if something bad happens? what makes it worth believing in him?

• Who knows.. I didn't see god when I died.

• For people who believe, no evidence is necessary. For people who don't believe, no proof is sufficient. Pearls before swine...

• There are a massive variety of variables here. Assuming that all the facts presented are accurate, which from looking at other "miracles" is not necessarily true, we still have yet to account for the cause of the fire, type of accelerant, wind, bible binding/page makeup and time exposure of the bible to any flames. Statistically given all the known (but unproven) variables, the number of bibles in the world, the extent of modern day reporting, and religious tendencies; It should be expected for this to happen on occasion.

When someone regrows a limb purely through the power of prayer get back to me.

• Thousands of potentially fatal crashes happen every day, not everyone dies. Safety equipment and engineering do their job most of the time. And I call bullshit on the Bible being on the seat, if that was that shocking somebody probably would've taken a picture. If it was on the floor, maybe. Even if there was a God, with all the terrible things that happen everyday, I don't think he would concern himself over one car wreck.

• Because Dicks aren't the same size and neither are Boobs.

If "god" creates us all in his image then he has serious sexual problems. I think that's why Lucifer left. He kept telling god, Look if you keep focusing on this so much so are they! God said No, they'll just fight it out until science fixes it... but not in a good way... in a way that looks fake but you can't comment on it. Then Lucifer is like "You're an Asshole, Dude! In fact I'm outta here until you straighten out!" And god is like, Wait Lucy! I didn't tell you the part where I give them infections in those places too. "You're a Sick Fuck Dave! (god's name is Dave btw)" Then Lucifer stormed out while god laughed "MUHAHAHA!"

• Millions of car crashes happen every day.
    I'm pretty sure a few tens of thousands of babies die in those car crashes.
    Are you telling me God cares more about a man and his Bible than thousands of babies?

• Well lets see. First most automobiles have things called seat belts in them these days because engineers said hmm this might be a good idea. Air bags and crumpling engine compartments are also pretty common. The guy could have been drunk which would explain the crash and also increase his odds of survival in a crash.

As far as the bible... Heat rises and fire burns upwards. Any good alcoholic probably has a bible that he's thrown on the floor in anger.

• Simple. Because there's no such thing as a man in the clouds who decides when it's time for someone to die or let them keep living.

I trust in Animism, and that the spirits of our ancestors and family members are lingering about at this very moment.

I trust in Buddhism, and that what we feel enlightens us gives us power and will, and that there's a such thing as reincarnation.

But I do not trust in some guy who fluffs about with others' lives and controls us and our actions, and has the power to do EVERYTHING, but refuses to 98% of the time. We make our own path live our own lives how we want to live them.

• I am just hear to read the conversations and religious wars lol
    http://i.imgur.com/AVK67p2.gif

• We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed;-God didn't save that man, it was luck, I see it god only gave us equality, its up to us what to do with that

• If this whole thing was an act of God its like saying I saved someones life by holding a gun to them and not shooting them. Why was a man in a burning car in the first place if your "God" exists.

• It's nothing to do with any god, it just a coincidence.

• Inb4, flame war

• He can't have been gay then.

• It's a BELIEF !! You either believe or you don't. It is stupid to ask people to prove or disprove. It is stupid to ask people and then try to prove them wrong. The whole topic of religion does not have a place on GAG.

• Man just think a little bit , all of this things around us , there must be a super natural power created it and it's God

• Simple, i doesn't happen frequently.

• agnostic here

• Because stone cold said so.

• Yo, you're doing it wrong.

• You're entitled to your own opinion with your own reasoning which made you draw said conclusion or leap of faith.
    So are other people with their own opinions based on whatever they base it on.

Arguments for faith or a "God" are often things like you show, very improbable (but positively resulting) events that if you go with the assumption that the probability is too low for it to happen coincidentally would seem miraculous, or how everything happens with some "great plan" in mind by whatever Deity a believer believes in.
    Arguments against faith tend to be of the "why would all the crap happen in the world" or "no Deity has ever shown itself in any measurable or quantitative way as proof" nature.

If this event helps you reinforcing your faith and helps you to be a good human being and a good presence to others around you, all the power to you.
    This one event does not "require" atheists to somehow "prove" that a Deity doesn't exist though, nor would there be any real reason to. What would one gain by coming with supposed evidence or arguments to waver your faith?

Live and let live, to each their own; the Golden Rule (probably a familiar thing for you); As ye harm none do as ye will. The list with that same norm/value/guideline is existent throughout mankind and different philosophies, faiths/beliefs, etc.

So no, I won't tell you how your specific Deity is not real, nor try to convince you to stop believing whatever you believe. As long as that helps you be a better person, I see no desire to do so what so ever.

• he just got lucky

• Probability. Chance. Possibly lies.
    Or maybe the Spaghetti Monster reached down with its noodle-y arm and saved them.

I will happily admit that it makes little to no sense that a bible was recovered unharmed from where it rested ON the FRONT seat Especially seeing the footage in which the ENTIRE front seat is scorched. Including the area on which the bible must have supposedly rested. A definite impossibility if the bible was actually occupying that particular space. Watch and hear at: 02:00-02:05.

Basically if the bible was actually laying on the front seat and the bible was not touched by the flames the seat would also have also had a not burned area. Which it does not. Please tell me at least half of you people noticed that.

• www.quickmeme.com/.../...38e18f2e2da4758745335.jpg

And I never get tired of pointing out this video to stupid people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE

• More from Guys
    1