Do you consider "plan B" as a form of abortion?

Updates:
For the sake of people stating the egg never gets fertilized, i would point to this site;

http://www.planb.ca/how-it-works.html

One of the ways it prevents pregnancy is by stopping the fertilizered egg from implanting on the uterine wall.

If by definition, abortion is the removal of a concieved egg, would this count.

0|0
7|7

Most Helpful Guy

• "Emergency contraceptive pills work before pregnancy begins. According to leading medical authorities – such as the National Institutes of Health and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists – pregnancy begins when the fertilized egg implants in the lining of a woman's uterus. Implantation begins five to seven days after sperm fertilizes the egg, and the process is completed several days later. Emergency contraception will not work if a woman is already pregnant."

1|1
    0|0
    • Good answer (or good quote). If i was smart i would have specified if people only consider it a termination after implantation

What Girls Said 7

• No, that's not the way Plan B works. Plan B stops an egg from releasing so it can't be fertilized. If there's not fertilization, there's no contraception so there can't be an abortion.

2|0
    0|0
  • Abortion is only the removal of an implanted zygote or fetus. That's not what Plan B does.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because its not an abortion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not even close

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't get it.

Nope.

No abortion unless it risks my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • I do but I am not against abortion of any form so it doesn't really matter.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• MENSTRUATION IS A FORM OF ABORTION.
    ALL EGGS MUST BE FERTILIZED.
    TAKE MY SEMEN.

BARBAR!

1|0
    0|0
  • No abortion would be more like killing the fetus before it comes out of the womb. Or cutting her ovaries and cooking it into scrambled eggs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since it is not, no I don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, it prevents pregnancies, it doesn't terminate them

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because it isn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Not at all. Plan B doesn't kill anything.

0|0
    0|0