Does anyone else find GAG to be increasingly annoying?

With all the recent updates, and now the continuous updates on who received the MHO, it is just too much. Kee it SIMPLE. Do you all agree? What changes would you make for a better GAG?

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree completely. I suggest you check your settings under your user name in the upper right corner. You can turn off a lot of that garbage, thank goodness. I've been complaining to the site management for a long time about the arbitrary, capricious way they change the site without any guidance I can see from us, the users

• Maybe they're listening now and they'll stop arbitrarily messing with the site. I'd love to see a brief but comprehensive survey of site members regarding the current state of the site and future direction.

Most Helpful Girl

• The notifications being screwed up makes me INCREDIBLY annoyed.

I agree though. Make ONE consistent way to access information and stop making all these alternatives that slow the site down.

One change I WOULD like to see (others than the return of the downvote, being able to follow questions again, and getting rid of this entire update) is anonymous authors being able to tag people who comment on their question or mytake. Not ALL anonymous users. Just the OP. right now they have to depend on good Samaritans to tag for them and that's not efficent.

What Guys Said 13

• Change it back to the way it was with up votes down votes notifications only on things that matter ie when some one responds to you or makes you MHO or tags you. All the changes they have implemented are detrimental and quite honestly annoying, it makes things less efficient not more. The only thing I would ask for is to have a list of people who have blocked me, I get blocked a lot and its hard to keep track of who is doing it so that I can simply avoid responding to them (I don't wish to block any one, I don't approve of censorship of any kind.).

• Go to your profile and under setting find Conversations.
    Under that is "Someone else's opinion is chosen as the Most Helpful Opinion"
    Uncheck that box. Then remember to go to the bottom and "Save" your changes.

• I agree. All of a sudden I had 20 updates, only two of which pertained to me directly. And I had to look at all of them to get them to go away. You're right!

• If there is one thing I know, it is people value efficiency and relevancy.

• I agree. I don't care who got MHO if it isn't me

• I will be deleting my account now with the closed question thing it doesn't even make sense.

• Notifications now are borderline useless. The owners don't know what the fuck they are doing.

• Yea it make me wanna punch everything that has a face in the face.

• I totally agree too many meaningless notifications, That and I had a question closed I don't know if it's because of popularity or age or if someone flagged it for some reason.

• You can turn it off love.

• I do find it to be annoying, at times. But to be honest, there's something about online annoyances that entertain me. X3

• You can change what you have notifications for if you go into your settings.

• I own GAG

• Yea I do, I don't need to see everything that happened , plus I don't need to see that so and so posted an opinion on this and that and then see the question 50 times because other people posted there too.

What Girls Said 5

• Nah. I don't feel annoyed. I appreciate the way they constantly strive to improve and try new things even if they're not the most suitable. I don't know of any other website who is so constant with switching it up and trying different, unique approaches.

• What a load of crap. Enjoy this notification by the way :P

• @Asker Uhhhmmm no. It is possible for people to genuinely disagree with you. You don't know everything and your opinion isn't the deciding opinion of everyone else.

• True, however id does seem to be the majority... by a lot.

• You can manage which notifications you receive by going to your settings page, unchecking the boxes of the notifications you no longer want to see, and then click "save."

• Im still not getting notifications for things I have checked while I AM getting notifications for things that are unchecked. Are you aware of a timeline for ironing things out?

• @cinderelli And here I was thinking it was all the bigger notifications. I just saw this. Sorry :(

• @BellePepper it's fine babe.. 💋

• All good things come to an end.

I left Yahoo Answers because they started making lame updates and now I feel the same way about GAG.

On to the next site

• Yeah, I feel like GAG is actually becoming burdensome rather then the exciting curiosity I would sometimes feel.

• You can make it so you don't get that notification but I agree it is getting annoying.

• Yes, I hate it, Why did they close all the question really? even the new one? he doesn't make any sense. The private stuff too it's idiot you just have to use anonymous where is the difference?