How do you judge people with thousands of followers on social media?

I've noticed that when people find out about someone's reach on social media (if it's exceptionally high), they tend to treat them differently or see them differently.
Do you feel that most people don't understand the line between real life popularity and online popularity?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I know someone who actually bought their followers to make it look like they were popular. It came off as pathetic.
    But i don't understand how a person can have thousands of followers without being a celebrity lol

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• I try not to judge, but I honestly think that they have ego issues or are legitimate narcissists OR that they value superficial, shallow, surface connections. I think it's weird for someone to be so consumed with being in the public eye and committing on a daily basis to make a spectacle of themselves and their lives. That doesn't seem healthy at all and the odds are it's an issue that flows over to more in-depth relationships.

• yeah people are just deluded lol.

like there's this chick on instagram, @amrezy is her username. oh lawd she is so popular, but she is the biggest bitch I've ever seen in my life. the stuff she says about her followers is downright LOW, then u get people like 'YESSS GIRL PREACH IT!'

just lol... *facepalm* lol @ people.

• I just see them as busy. They're not popular so much as creating content people enjoy.

• i don't really care, my friend has a couple of thousand instagram followers and i just make sure i look ok if i ever go out with her because she'll probably post pics on her snap story

• they must be hot

• I always think it's because they are always on the computer.