What would you do if the purge was real?

Most Helpful Girl

• Move to Mars. Eff that.

My initial thought was to invest in the best available security system with titanium steel doors and chit in addition to a lovely military like arsenal of weapons. Then I remembered the first Purge movie. -_- Even taking those precautions, I wouldn't want blood split in my home so I can walk by with my coffee and remember the time I hacked someone with a machete by that vase. -_- I'd rather just not exist in such an inhumane, violent society.

Most Helpful Guy

• Do something about Trump.

What Girls Said 3

• No money to protect myself... so probably work out and kill...

• go underground and hide and try to fight for the other days of the year for such a dumbass idea to be banished

• leave the country, what the fuck kind of dystopia is that eugh

What Guys Said 7

• There's actually a pretty simple solution that the movie producers haven't thought about.
    Actually, there are TWO simple solutions.
    Number one (the more plausible situation) would be that only the United States has this law. This means that I would simply go on vacation to Canada or Mexico or some other countries for a few days. Problem solved. Maybe take along some valuable stuff or hide it somewhere, so it doesn't get stolen.

Now, let's come to the slightly more problematic scenario that the purge takes place in both North and South America or even globally or that it only takes place in the US but all other countries close their borders to US citizens during this time.
    If you lived in central Europe like I do, the situation would be somewhat more problematic because it's a very densely populated region of the world. However, the movie "The Purge" plays in the US, so let's use this as a scenario.
    If I was a US citizen and the purge was happening and I couldn't go to another countries for some reason, I wouldn't spend tens of thousands of dollars on a security system. Not only can this security system fail as the first movie has shown but it also costs tons of money that I don't have.
    There's a much more easy solution: Bug out. Conveniently, the US has some absolutely beautiful, untouched strips of land. Especially dense, vast forests would be the perfect place to bug out to. Some of the largest forests in the United States are located in New England (Vermont, Massachusetts), as well as in the northern Midwest (Montana, Idaho etc.). The largest forest in the whole country is located in Alaska. The size of this largest forest is an incredible, mind-boggling 62,000 square kilometers. That's ONE AND A HALF times the Netherlands. That's PRETTY big. Now, considering that states such as Alaska, Montana or Vermont are generally not very populated, we can assume that these forests are practically uninhabited by humans. In fact, in Vermont, the forest in the northwest of the state is so huge and so empty of human inhabitants that the state government of Vermont hasn't even bothered to draw clear political borders for counties (nobody really knows if the forest is a separate county or to what countries it belongs). Thus, such a place would be the perfect location to bug out to. It would be MUCH saver than hiding behind a security system in a suburb or big city.
    Ideally, I would decide on a bug-out location well before the purge-date. I think

• Alaska would probably be the best bet (although other states are also very save). I would drive there a few months ahead and look for a nice place deep within the forest. The hiding place should be at least 30-40 miles away from the next village or town and it must not be accessible by car (there's shouldn't be any road that leads there). I would park my car at the edge of the forest and hike through the undergrowth to my location. Ideally, the hiding place should be somewhere where the forest is neither too dense, nor too open. If it's too open, you're too exposed. If it's too dense, you can't see people coming soon enough. It would also be nice if there was a small pond or a stream or something like that. Then, I would either built a little cottage or a treehouse or just put up a tent. One could even build an underground shelter and hide it but that seems a little too paranoid. I'd leave a few days before the purge and come back later. Nobody would ever look for me in the wilderness.

• i would be taking the days before and after that off from work, and be doing up all night on guard duty at my house haha

• I think society would have broken down long before anything like that was ever sanctioned so I probably wouldn't be living there and I doubt government officials would be protected if everyone on the street has weapons.

• Rob Banks
    Since they'd have to give everyone the night off that means you could rob a bank scot free,

• I'd go to the countryside and camp out in the middle of nowhere.

• Not sure. Probably hide.

• Kill those I dislike. There's one person in particular.