Do you ask people to vouch on a person you want to marry or long term relationship?

Do you ask around about the persons traits and background if you don't know them well.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, if I was single and I wanted to date a girl, I would of course try to get to know her first. Why would you ask other people instead of getting to know the person yourself?
    And in regards to marriage I strongly believe that a couple should be dating for several years (at least 5 years, preferably more) and should also live together before getting married. This way you can ensure that you not only fit together but that you also get along well together - not just on romantic dates but also on a normal, every-day basis.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• I wouldn't do that, unless I had some strong reason to suspect my SO. Even then, I would initially want to take it up with her, instead of asking others.