Is it unproductive of me to take time off from school to enjoy being young and expanding my social sphere?

I go to a high-achieving private college. I've been working my butt off the last few years (I'm a junior now; second semester). I'm in psychology.

This semester, I decided to take some relatively easy classes and only 3 (not the typical 4) and have been kinda just doing what's expected without going out of my way to study my butt off like I did the previous semester. I've been expanding my social life instead & working on myself internally. I've been getting back into art and strengthening my self.. I've also been dealing with a guy issue.. Which has been emotionally draining on me. It's the first time I have ever felt so sad and emptied from someone else. SO I wanted to take time to work on myself and have fun to remind myself that life is worth living. I've been going on a lot of dates, I've been going out with my friends a lot.. I feel guilty because I'm really indulging in this social life and I just want someone to tell me it's okay and normal as long as I don't forget about school.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's good to enjoy life. Being in college is kinda the bonus years of being young. After college you are truly an adult and out in the real world 24/7/365 so it's good to go out and do things you love. When marriage, kids, demanding job comes you can still do all those things but not as much as you can now so enjoy not having many responsibilities.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is not ok and normal, it is essential. A person should always find time for introspection, fun and just relaxing. Go for it girl, you deserve it!😉

What Guys Said 1

• I think this would be a good idea especially since your doing pyhcoligy

What Girls Said 1

• It's okay, just don't do anything you'll regret. Take it easy while you can, you don't want to feel miserable or like you missed out.