Trials and Tribulations: What are some things you go through, that you don't think people understand?

For me it would be my constant headaches, stomach aches, jaw pain and shyness. I especially don't think people could understand how bad ones jaw could hurt, you wouldn't think it would that big of a deal. But, it's more painful than you can imagine.

So, what do you go through that you feel people don't get?

Most Helpful Guy

• social anxiety, shyness. I think I have become a bit uncaring because of it. also, when adults talk to me about doing adult things like getting full time career or moving out, they don't understand how hard it is these days, and what kind of competition there is

Most Helpful Girl

• There is always someone out there who understands, even though everyone's situation is not identical. There are people out there going through similar things who can empathize with you and that can offer sympathy and compassion. It is just being lucky enough to find that person that can be tricky. You have to allow yourself to be vulnerable and the other person has to do the same, otherwise, it does not feel as if they understand. When you truly find that in another person it is life-altering, especially for those that truly feel misunderstood.

My struggles are ones that have haunted me for a long time. I have myriad of health problems and have lost a lot of people close to me, including both of my parents. I often feel as if I am trapped in my own body because of my physical limitations and in my own house because of my anxiety. The thing is, I am a very extroverted person and being around people is absolutely necessary for me. My anxiety spikes from my physical limitations. I am lucky enough that I did finally meet someone that I feel understands me, as I do him. Sometimes, I feel as if he understands me better than I understand myself. It has made dealing with all of this a lot easier.

What Guys Said 7

• let me list a few. Sometimes am broke, sometimes people say things that cuts like a knife, sometimes people misjudge, and miss understand your point of view.

• Wow you poor your my woman with this jaw pain. Can you get it better or is it s permenant thing?

Oh and shyness is such a cute and wonderful thing in a girl for me. I adore it so much xx

For me people didn't understand depression is suffered from once. It was caused by work and I went for councelling which solved it and that was years ago. People just disowned me which was sad. Xxx

• It's a permnant thing, the left side of my jaw didn't grow properly like the right one did. So, it's crooked on the left side and I did get braces and stuff to straighten it, at bit but the pain is something I have to live with.

• For me it was definitely my childhood. Right now i have a huge aversion to sex and relationships after my last breakup but someone has gone through what i have at some point.

• I have epilepsy. A few years ago I had a seizure whilst walking to uni and somebody mugged me whilst I was unconscious. They took my wallet, my watch, my laptop, my phone and my shoes. After this I developed anxiety and minor depression. I'm over this now though, but I still have epilepsy.

• Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that.

• It's fine.

I tend to focus on the good things in life and whilst epilepsy isn't a great thing, it's not the end of the world. I don't let epilepsy be the focus of my life because if I did then I'd end up staying in bed all day

• Well, you have good outlook on life and that's a good thing.

• My social anxiety for sure... like i'll describe it and then people will say 'its not that bad really, no one cares.' its like 'well easier said then done pal.'

i feel people without it really have no idea

• Women don't understand a nice guys pain when after years of never getting a girl, he questions his very worthiness to the opposite sex

• The paranoia of getting shot at and living in perpetual fear of being killed. and the guilt over shooting back.

What Girls Said 9

• There's always someone who understands, no matter what. I guess most people wouldn't understand my panic attacks because even I don't understand them a lot of the time.

• I had jaw pain before, for some reason it would dislodge itself from the socket whenever I opened my mouth and boy howdy did it hurt.

On the topic of pain, had my wisdom tooth yanked out yesterday. Local anaesthesia made it feel like half my face was dead. Such a bizarre feeling.

I don't think there's anything people wouldn't get unless they lived an extremely sheltered life.😛

• i've been thinking for a while of how to respond to this. and i couldn't come up with a single thing... and i think that's because, i've never really thought about what people might or might not get about me. i've only really worried about what my family cannot understand about me.

• My general anxiety disorder and panic attacks... I feel like nobody understands! I cope very well and have it under control though.

• I get migraine headaches & suffer from the after affects of being hit by a car.

• Self harm pain

• That I'm in my early 20's and have a high heart rate, chest pains, arthritis, ptsd with no military back ground, body aches, and that even though I only work part time I'm not over exaggerating when I say I'm exhausted all of the time. Also that I have been raped and am not a third wave feminist or a man hater.

• The thing I think people around me don't get, caution its the stupidest thing, about me is I can't walk into a hospital or anything like that without wanting to cry/scream because a year ago my doctor gave me a physical where she looked and touched my boobs (again I said it was stupid) and I had no say ahead of time because everyone said "you're a minor, you can't make decisions" and I felt trapped and violated because even in the absence of no and signs I didn't want to go along with the doctor it still meant go ahead, even now, a year later, I can't even catch a glimpse of my boobs without getting flashbacks, plus all the other mental torture because of that doctor and her peers that felt minors couldn't make decisions about their own bodies and what they could allow themselves to do.

• Child loss. One of those things where people say things like "oh at least you're still young and can have more" or "you've got to eventually move on". Someone actually told me this also: "I know what you're going through, I lost my puppy recently and I really loved him like a child"... really?

• Wow, that's probably one of worst things for someone to go through. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you.