Are you a different political party than your parents?

My parents and I are different political parties. My parents have always encouraged freethinking so they were really supportive when I told them.

0|0
9|6

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• My parents are both moderates. I think my mom is a little more left leaning, and my dad a little more right leaning. I'd consider myself a moderate too because I don't relate fully to either of the two major parties.

My parents are open-minded too, and I enjoy hearing their opinions about things and debating with them.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• My mom and me are members of the same political party. I've also been a candidate of this party for two different political offices so far. My dad is not affiliated to any political party but his views are more or less the same as mine (with some minor disagreements).

1|0
    0|0
  • Actually My grandparents who raised me were on different political spectrums. My grandmother was Democrat mostly so she was more moderate. My grandpa was a Republican and was more conservative but not extremely. So therefore I mostly lean democratic but consider my views as moderate because I kinda think both parties can be just as bad or as good. as the other. It's not the party that really matters as much as the person in the office of whatever they hold

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm different politically from my dad... but I just found out a few years ago I'm not different from my mom. Come to find out my mom has been canceling my dad's vote out for years and no one knew!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I'm the only Tea Party Republican and Trump supporter in my family. The rest are all Democrats and Bernie/Hillary supporters.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I'm centrist, and my parents are both conservative Republicans.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• My parents both support UKIP and I support Labour, so we're very different.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes they are different than I but I think my dad may be swaying my way.

1|0
    0|0
  • My dad is a Democrat, his girlfriend is Republican. I'm Independent because both parties have screwed up priorities.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not affiliated with any political party so ya I guess so

1|0
    0|0
  • same i think

1|0
    0|0
  • Slightly, but my mom doesn't follow politics.

1|0
    0|0
  • my parents identify as republican, whereas I identify as independent.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope we are all the same, non political.

1|0
    0|0