Venice Italy vs Tokyo Japan?

If you had to visit just ONE of these cities in your life. which would you visit?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hands down, Tokyo. Japan is at the top of my travel list. I would also love to visit Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, and Nagasaki while I'm there.

I've been to Venice, Italy about 7 times (when I lived in Milan). I enjoyed it, I loved the pasta, the architecture and history. Every time I went, I got a new Carnival mask which was cool. Northern Italy was/is beautiful, but I would have also liked to have visited south more. Especially Florence and Rome.

Most Helpful Guy

• i've been to venice so i'd choose tokyo jsut for a new experience

that said... venice is truly beautiful you can't escape the romance. i imagine tokyo may have a bit more to offer in terms of excitement as venice is rather small

i think Venice is one of those places people should definitely see once in their life. it's just a very surreal sort of place being a city on the water... oh and the food? sheesh, not even close to the best in Italy but still amazing food

What Girls Said 14

• ITALLLYYY!!! Please 🙌🏽

• My boyfriend wants to go to Rome, Italy. I want to visit, Tokyo, Japan. If he can have Rome, then Venice can go away :)

• rome is definitely better in my opinion but venice is worth spending a day or two... even better than both of those places in my opinion is florence

• i'm a traveler. i've been to italy twice. most recently i spent two weeks traveling around.

florence is my absolute favorite city in italy and one of my favorite in the world.
      rome is very VERY awesome and among cities is probably my second favorite. the roman ruins there are absolutely epic. i mean in tact ruins of one of the earliest world powers that are in many cases over 2000 years old is just amazing. there's tons of museums. and for a couple the trevi fountain is a must see

both cities are awesome. florence probably has slightly better museums, while rome has the history. both have awesome food.

assisi is a small city/town about 1.5 hours east of rome. If you have time it's pretty fun to check out as well.

• JAPAN! will always win!

• Well it's been my dream to go to Japan so if given the chance I would go there in a heartbeat.

• Tokyo. Been to Venice already twice. It's a beautiful city, but you can't really enjoy it fully because of the massive tourism through the whole city. You have to wait about 3 hours to get in anywhere and every street you walk into you are surrounded by people and have to walk penguin style.

• Something tells me Tokyo isn't any less crowded either though lol

• @madhatters4 true, we went in August and it's pretty much unbearable then, but I don't have free from school in September so yeah that's the reason for everyone.
      Venice is in low-season a dead city because all the people who used to live there moved because of the tourism.

• the worse part about venice last time i was there was that it was raining most of the day. in a lot of places that isn't a big issue. just get an umbrella right? but in venice since it's at water level there was water everywhere. my feet were completely and totally soaked which really kind of sucks when trying to walk around a city

• Italy, I'm half Italian after all. ;3

• I'd go to Tokyo. There are many other places in Italy that I'd like to visit. But I couldn't pass up a trip to Tokyo.

• Definitely Venice.

• Bitch please Tokyo, Japan! :P

• Vernice for sure. Very different.
    Tokyo is too busy and commercialised

• Where's the option for both? :(

• Italy any day

• lol fuck italy, TOKYO

• Not fair. I've already been to Tokyo. I'd much rather go to Venice.

What Guys Said 10

• I have been to Venice a few times. But I would still have to say Venice. There is so much history and art associated with Venice. And it would allow me to visit nearby Florence for even more of some of the world's greatest art, including paintings, sculptures, and the buildings themselves.

• I already visited Venice a few times (once rented a rooftop studio overlooking the Giudeccia for 2 weeks) thus Tokyo is the obvious choice.
    A studio in the city center, as usual, please!

• Why do you do this to me? I want to go to both places. Both are awesome. :)

• Tokyo because of gaming, anime and sexy jap girls <3

• Venice hands down. Italy is my #1 destination for when I want to start traveling around.

• Venice. Easy.

• Venice

• I absolutely love Tokyo, but I wouldn't live there permanently.

• so you'd visit there over Venice?

• I can't decide.

Japanese and Italian are two of my favorite cuisines. Both their women are gorgeous. I haven't been to Venice, so if you pressed a gun to my head right now and have me pick one place to go tonight, I would have to pick Venice. But I know, deep down, I really really love Tokyo.

• I have been to both. I would choose Venice.

• definitely Tokyo