Have you ever noticed most GAGers define themselves as introverts?

When there's a question about being an introvert or extrovert...9 among are gonna say they're introverts...

Why?

Among 10

Most Helpful Girl

• Online forums would most likely generally have a higher ratio of introverts:extroverts because, well... I can't imagine it being in an extrovert's best interest to spend very long communicating with people online. People whom they would never get to see or interact with in person?

Kind of going off stereotypical tendencies, but I think there's some truth to that. A website that provides a 'safe' place for individuals to voice their opinions or communicate with people who they don't know in real life and so don't feel as if they have quite as much to 'lose' in case of issues that may arise is pretty appealing to your average introvert.

• Wot about those who use it in order to get rewards?

• ok yeah some people will use the forum primarily or solely to get reward but that's a pretty big time investment for relatively little return.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• I don't know , I don't, I define myself as an extrovert!

• Heys,
    Nah i'm an extrovert. No way can i be introvert. I like the talking to people too much and being around massive crowds! :)

• EXTROVERT! lol

• I don't think so...

• haha! I am kinda of depressed so I hide it and i am shy. Once I start knowing you well. I become easy to talk to and my crazy apple self! lol

• I'm an ambivert. So i classify half of one LOL

• I am an introvert.
    Why? I don't know, it's the way I have always been.

• I am mostly an extrovert baby :P

• It was what the test results came up with.

• Those tests are shitty...

• They were askin' questions about childhood (example: "Were you often been described as a quiet child?")... so how on earth they are accurate? I'm WAY different than I used to be as a kid...

• Yes me to.

• I'm both, so... I don't know about others

What Guys Said 9

• I think there is a correlation between frequent users of online forums and introvertism, GAG is no exception.
    Just think about it. An extrovert would more likely be spending most of their time hanging out than browsing on the internet for hours. Likewise, an introvert who uses GAG would appear more frequently than an extrovert who also does.

• I don't have a clue. I'm glad I'm among the few ones that are not introverts.

• I would classify myself as ambivert. “Online extrovert, offline introvert. It’s complicated.”

Most people who frequent the internet have introvert tendencies because it is so much easier to socialise on a social network where you dont have to introduce yourself, your page does that for you.

• they probably feel they are.

wouldn't know until I met them in person

• Reasons to love introverts
    1) No selfie sticks
    2) Reduced dancing at weddings
    3) The reduction in fancy dress
    4) The end to reality TV
    5) A world where talent trumps narcissism
    6) But more important and the only true point in this list... the absolute joy when someone confides in you for the first time out of pure trust.

• Ya the net and sites like gag attract lots of introverted people

• Introverts do spend more time online.

But...

extroverts outnumber introverts. I think shy extroverts are saying they're introverts.

• Why they do it then?

• They like to think of themselves as introverts, which suggests 'this is just how i am', as opposed to shyness which is an admission they are locked into a bad habit out of fear and a desire to avoid short term emotional discomfort. Some of them no doubt believe it.

• well, this is confusing. I always thought shy and introverted were the same thing.

• Most probably are though. I'd say I'm an introvert, ambivert at most but I'm nowehere near being an extrovert.

• Why then? Explain...

• This site may actually help (or helped cause now is pretty crappy) some people to have some insight in popular opinions, social conventions and such to introverts, with being able to hide in animosity too. It's a good spot for introverts to spit out whatever they think too, and procrastinate while they're at it lol

• Not really. It seems like a healthy mix. I ambivert. I tend to like introverts more than extroverts though.