Is it bad for a 16 year old to be talking to a 20 year old online?

I'm a 16 year old girl and I've started talking to a 20 year old guy I met on the Internet, in a completely non sexual way apart from maybe a bit of flirting, but I would definitely not meet up in person with him or send nudes or anything like that.
is this really inappropriate, should I stop talking to the guy? He's really nice and treats me well

Most Helpful Guy

• Ehh I think it's weird because tbh what reason does a 20 year old have to talk to a 16 year old? Seems kind of sketchy.

• Thanks for MHG

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was 15, my boyfriend was 18... I was so pissed off that everyone kept telling me it was inappropriate but it was. It may feel exciting to have someone older interested in you but i am now 22 and the thought of dating someone 3/4 years younger than me is just so wrong and you realise that any person my age who would do it is v messed up. This person is wrong for you, I am sorry to say!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• It depends why can't you find a guy that goes to your school?

• No, it's fine as long as he doesn't try to take advantage of you

• That's a little too old.
    Let him know you plan on nothing physical or sexual ever happening and see if he keeps talking t you.
    Guys know how to play nice until they get what they want