Were you abused as a child or know someone who was abused in any way?

I personally never was, my best friend was abused by both parents Physicall, emotionally and sexually. Her stepfather is now in prison for molesting and raping her and impregnating her. They also said that he drugged her and videotaped her.
I usually don't turn anonymous on but for this question I will and i will also accept private answers

Most Helpful Girl

• She sister tried to kill me when I was a little kid. Which she's around 3 years older than me. Then she would mostly verbally abuse me. Though for the past couple of years. She has tried to mend our bond. Which I've tried to make an effort too. Though it's weird since I went like 5 or more years without talking to her at all. Plus now I'm paranoid she might try to say mean things again or physically hurt me. Though this time I probably could put up a better physical fight.

• Wow, why did she try to do that?

• Maybe due to the fact that I have adhd and autism. So maybe after a point I became annoying to her. So then she would bully me. that's the only thing I can think of. Since she didn't start to be mean until she was going into middle school.

• yay thank you for mhg ^^

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. my first girlfriend was molested by her father. I wanted him dead so badly back then that I tried (I was really young) to kill him. 30 years later, I still want him dead. It would of course require dragging his soul (if he has one) out of Hell so I could kill him again, but hey - those are the breaks right?

• Yes i understand the feelings I personally want to kick my friends stepdads ass. but he's in prison so you can imagine whats going on there

• By the time I was grown up my 1st gf's father was dead. If he was still alive now, I'd find a way to fix that problem.

• God, I wish I could have been the one to kill him so badly I can't tell you.

What Girls Said 10

• Nope, it's horrible what your friend had to go through :( !
    Thankfully I've never been abused and I don't know of anyone who has been abused. I'm blessed with a loving and caring extended family...

• Yes- both of my parents were abusive, physically and emotionally, to the point that I was removed from their custody. I also had an uncle try to molest me. Nothing to the degree of your friend though, that's awful.

I know other women that were abused. My sister was raped as a teenager by a step-uncle. I have a friend who was raped by a family member as well.

• I unfortunately know people who were abused as children, and some of them still are emotionally and verbally berated.

I think what got to me the most was when a guy friend opened up to me about his brother raping him. He forgave him because they were young when it happened, I feel angry at his brother still.

I wasn't beaten or yelled at by my mom, but I had some less than nice relatives who were mean to me and made my environment toxic.

• Yes. I've been through all that abuse as a child. Sexual, physically, emotional, neglect.
    It's why I have a burning hate for pedophiles, even if the kid is like 15, hebephile I think the term is?
    Let kids be kids.

I went to different foster homes as a kid. I missed my mother so much, hated my father.

• Yes I know somone but it's an old childhood friend and acquaintance
    And I personally have been verbally abused but thankfully it never lead to physical

• Yes but not by my parents.. any reason you're asking?

• people like you piss me off. You haven't been through it, so how can you really say you feel bad? True empathy is apparently being able to put yourself in the other person's shoes. You seem to get off on other people's troubles.

• no just my parent who always yell at me but i don't think it count on abuse

• Yes my father raped/sexually assaulted me as a child.

• I'm very sorry to hear that. I know it's very tough to live with even though I never experienced it my friend has

• Thank you

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 1