I find it really hard to talk about my feelings?

I'm usually fine posting things online since it's all anonymous, etc., I just have trouble talking to friends and family about things I'm going through and when I do I hardly show any emotion. Like a few years ago when I told one of my friends my uncle passed away she was surprised how little emotion I showed. I'm pretty sure I'm not a psychopath because I do cry about things, just usually not in fount of anyone. I have no idea why.

🐼
🐨

Most Helpful Guy

• Me too.
    I guess you just don't want to seem vulnerable and weak to people you know, you probably want to keep the facade of yourself that they know you as all this while. However, expressing your emotions online is a much easier task to do, especially if it is done anonymously. You don't know these people you're talking to and you'll probably never see them in real life, so it doesn't affect your image.

• Yeah, and they're not emotionally involved in your life so they can offer a different perspective on situations

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the same. I don't like showing people my emotions, I never told my father that I loved him very much, now it's too late because he past away. It really hurts.

• Sorry about your dad. I don't tell people I love them either, I guess it just feels weird doing it.

• Thank you, yes it kinda feels weird and I assume (wrongly) that they already know it and they don't need repeating.

What Guys Said 3

• I never talk about my own. I would feel weak and out of control.

• Same here ^^ no problem with that I guess :P

• I'm rather introverted as well. One thing that I do is keep a journal and I occasionally will give a page to my family so they know how I am feeling.

• That's a good idea, I might try it out.

What Girls Said 1

• I am the same way don't think you are alone