Is it selfish to make a gofundme account for this reason?

I'm a college student and I work full-time and attend school full time (5 classes) this semester. I recently ran into some financial issues and my laptop for school just died on me. I have no laptop and no money to buy one. I just need $200 to purchase a HP stream notebook that's reliable from Amazon. I pay rent to live with my parents and make minimum wage. I'm in my last semester of college and I have an online course that requires a laptop. I feel kind of selfish because I know that there's kids in other countries who don't even eat everyday but money is my biggest issue and both parents are blue collar workers and can't afford it. I also just dropped $200+ on college textbooks last month.

What Guys Said 1

• You vicious selfish person ! How dare you ! I'll have you know that I brought my PC myself with my own cash, I work full time (more than full time) . . . and I learn full time

everyone in my house is a blue collar worker but you don't see me on go fund me

I don't pay rent but I earn less then minimum wage (around half)

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

Nah, it ain't selfish, the website is about giving. People are generous and all that. for all you know there could be people with thousands to their name. What's $200 to a high earner?

What Girls Said 1

• It's not selfish; it's not like people have to contribute but if they do, that's great!