What was more shocking, all white nominees or the fact that Leo finally won?

The oscars

Most Helpful Girl

• Most shocking was how Chris Rock made the entire show about the "black lives matter" controversy. It was really uncomfortable to watch and I found myself grasping at any comical relief I could. The only reason I watched was for Leo.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's nothing shocking about all white nominees, the reason for that is because the majority of Britain and America are white peoples (which is where big films are made, I realise Bollywood is big but no one watches Bollywood in the west)

And if your majority populace is white, the majority of celebrities will be white, that's just fucking maths.

If you want to see more black people at the oscars, stop watching films with white people, we keep paying to see films with white male leads so naturally Hollywood makes more of them thinking we like that, if you want more blacks at oscars then pay to watch films with black leads...

Money talks, complaining online does fucking nothing.

For example my favourite film is Django Unchained, fucking great film, Great black male lead. I thought Jamie Foxx should have gotten awards for that but he didn't because not enough people paid to see it, whereas films like the Martian with Matt Damon or The reverent with Leo, were paid for to watch by lots of people, so naturally they were nominated.

Vote with your money, not your words..

What Girls Said 1

• Leo winning. He has gone through so much. He is a great actor and has been working hard for it so I'm happy and surprised he win.

What Guys Said 10

• That there werent any Asian nominees. Why aren't there riots over that?

Or what about the lack of diversity in the NBA and NFL?

I kinda expected that Leo was going to win this time so I wasn't really surprised. It was just a gut feeling.

• What's the most shocking is that anyone would give a shit about the Oscars in general more than the epidemic issues of our veterans being treated like crap when they come home. Not very good benefits, social out-casting by some, among other crap that's happening.

• I don't care about veterans, it was a war we should not have fought. WWII veterans are a diff. Story

• You said you don't care about veterans but WWII veterans are a different story? Which is it? Do you care or not care? I'm talking ALL veterans, not just WWII vets.

• What is most shocking is anyone watches

• Who tf is Leo?

• It's very awesome that DiCaprio used his speech to talk about social and environmental problems that he is passionate about! Oh and just curious... What African Americans even deserved nominations this year?

• Dam strait leo dam earned that reward times over ! you hear me !

I am not a fan boy or anything ! :P

• I am glad for Leo. I am tired of the whole black lives matter more thing.

• well Leo maybe just look at 9gag he's everywhere.

• People act like black people were discriminated against, but they weren't. They just didn't work as hard. You want an oscar, go live on raw liver and get raped by a bear. Denzil gets raped by a bear, bam he'll get nominated. Will smith run around in greenland and eat that rotting birds in a carcass shit they eat and gets sodomized by a walrus, bam oscar guaranteed. Till then stop trying to play the race card when you haven't been raped by a damn thing..

• Leo. I smell a conspiracy and wonder if he bribed them.

Also found it HIGHLY distasteful how they made the entire show about race.