How do I delete my facebook account?

Is there actually a way of deleting it? I've deactivated it before & could still log in normally after 18 days.
How to rid of the whole thing?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Log in on Facebook and go to privacy shortcuts. It is found right next to the notifications icon.
    2. Click on see more settings
    3. On the next page, click the "Use Activity Log" link. Here, you can delete pieces of your activity by clicking the small pencil icon next to each and selecting "Delete"
    4. Go to the Delete Account page
    5. Type in your password and a captcha text for security check
    6. Account will deleted in 14 days

Note**: Permanent deletion deletes everything except for personal messages

What Guys Said 5

• What Yumix said... The blued out "let us know" will initiate the account deletion process.

• I don't think you can. Only deactivate. If it's deactivated for a certain time period they might delete it? I can't remember. I wanted to do the same but couldn't. And as soon as you sign in again afterwards, it's automatically activated again.

• Deactivate , it gets deleted automatically after 3 months I think.

• You can't delete anything from facebook. When facebook tells you your stuff is deleted, it's still there, they just hidden it from view.

• There's no way.

What Girls Said 1

• You just unclick the automatic log on.