Is sushi overrated?

• No, Sushi really is the money $$$$
  • Yes, Overrated and nasty
  • Just another thing for hipsters, weebos/Otakus, and snobs to obsess over
  • I just like sushi

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• It's tasty but nothing to pay an arm and a leg for. Most of the time I eat at sushi buffets with friends while drinking. Drop $20 for all you can eat and a few more on beer and you can have as much seaweed salad, edamame, sashimi, nigiri, temaki, and maki as you want along side tempura, yaki gyoza, crab legs, hibachi, etc. and even green tea or redbean icecream, fresh fruit, etc for desert. If you want to gorge yourself until your ears start to leak while drinking it's fucking awesome. :D I've eaten at "high end" sushi places and they aren't , much different in quality comparison to a decently run buffet but they'll charge you an arm and a leg for the same food...

What Girls Said 16

What Guys Said 17

• I LOVE SUSHI!!! SUSHI IS BAE, SUSHI IS LIFE
    Tied for fav food, with Italian <3
    I make Sushi sometimes (great date idea by the way guys, gotta be unique ;) )

• I depends on where it is made some places it's really, really good, other places it can be down right disgusting.

• I like sushi, but I hate sushi snobs. Y'know, the kinda dude who says 'bro, you gotta try that new sushi place in little Tokyo, the sushi is way better than the sushi from *insert restaurant*'. It's just, like, shut the fuck up, mate, unless you're eating it in Japan all the sushi here is second-rate anyway.

• I'm a vegetarian, but I like vegetarian version of Sushi :P

• Not overrated, just really hard to find good sushi. Sushi is either amazing or it is crap. There is no in between. Therefore most of it really doesn't deserve its hype.

• I'm not a big fan of the rice and various pickled vegetables the Japanese like to stick in rolls but I will never refuse beautiful fresh nigiri/sashimi.

• I don't know how it's rated :D

I get sushi from a grocery store (from a third party vendor). It's good sushi (not "gas station sushi"), and maybe just a TAD cheaper than from a sushi joint.

Any meat you can eat raw is SUPER good for you.

• It's good!

• Yeah, I can't stand Sushi for the love of me..

• I take a chance on parasites about once a month or so.

• Sushi is awesome. California rolls, Dragon rolls, spicy tuna, eel, it's all good d00d.

• I wouldn't know, I've never had sushi, I really want to though. I'll probably get my dad to sometime.

• I fucking love sushi!

• I hate it. Fortunately food trends are moving away from sushi. I couldn't be happier.

• it ives you nasty parasites.. .

• Both overrated and nasty & a thing for the "hipsters"

• Yeah it's fuckin' gross... I wonder how people eat it... do they actually like it or they eat it just to say they ate sushi?

• Sushi is literally my favorite food. I would honestly Eat it several times a week if it wasn't so expensive.