Women are biologically programmed to want to marry the good guys, and fuck the bad boys. Agree or Disagree?

Just something that was brought up in my other question. how do you feel about this?

Women biologically want to marry the good guys-- the protectors and/or providers-- but want to have sex with the bad boys.

Agree or disagree?

• i agree
  • I disagree
  • It depends (please explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, it's weird that people still debate over whether this is a thing... It's a thing.
    By this point, it's as well documented as human evolution itself, ffs.

There are literally thousands of studies like the one that @toad-1 is citing in the comments ( www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/272697.php ).

One recent bestseller that does a decent job of summarizing this work is "The Red Queen", by Matt Ridley. You should read it.

In chapter 7 of that book, Ridley summarizes the current state of research regarding all this nasty filthiness:
    s30.postimg.org/.../...16_03_04_at_12_54_28_AM.png

Yep, even ORGASMS are evolved with this neat little duality in mind. Life is grand, ain't it?

The author summarizes thus:

s16.postimg.org/.../...16_03_04_at_12_51_56_AM.png

I've gotta say I agree.
    I don't think it's cynical at all, to UNDERSTAND this system -- and to learn to hijack it like a motherfucker (literally, ha ha haw).

I mean, when you REALLY understand the base desires at the heart of female sexuality... THAT's when you can really learn to rock the shit out of a woman's world. You keep telling yourself pretty lies -- well, that's never gna happen.

__

Also, I mean, come ON, people.
    Recognizing that we're hardwired to act a certain way DOES NOT mean that we're resigned to that fate.

Civilization.
    Society.
    Culture.
    These things are not stories of helplessly giving in to our basest motives -- nor of whining about them and giving up at the game.
    Nope.
    These things are stories of MASTERING our primal urges, and building upon them to create bigger and better things.

The same can happen with sexuality, too. I mean, you can hijack the fuck out of this system.

Think about the natural system of female beauty -- roughly speaking, a bunch of random fertility signals.
    Now, think about all the ways we've learned to hijack that system. Everything from hair extensions to breast implants to high heels.
    Now...
    ... think about which effect is stronger. What do most men fantasize about, when they fantasize about raw sex? Some 18-year-old barefoot chick with no makeup? (18 is the age of peak fertility) Or... something substantially different, that WE humans have created, by tweaking the fuck out of that attraction system?

Yep.

Same thing here. This system is what it is. But, there's like 100000000 cheat codes and mods and custom expansion packs, as it were. (gaahhhh I'm a nerd)

Shut up and learn to play the fucking game.

• Holy smokes that's a lot of reading can you please summarize it to me in like a sentence or two of what you are saying I want to understand it because I have a low attention span when it comes to reading long paragraphs, please? are you disagreeing and saying that this is bullshit what he posted? please respond

• actually hun women are more attracted too sin
      just like guys are

Most Helpful Guy

• "I disagree" (chose A though) because they aren't programmed to do it, but more or less just prefer to fuck the bad boys of the world. And if you think I'm full of shit, just look around you, I mean when the last time you've heard of a "bad boy" complaining about not being able to get some? Yeah, that doesn't usually happen if at all. But plenty of "good guys" complain, right? Who do girls have more babies with on average? Who do they fuck and then go complaining about more often? Yeah the bad boys just go check social media.

Now once they're done having their fun, they'll go for a "good guy" then since he'll be able to give them a stable lifestyle. But before then, he wasn't even on their radar.

And yeah, what I said was "generic and stereotypical" but we'll know there's way too much truth to it HAHAHA

What Girls Said 13

• I strongly disagree. That's just something that some guys like to say to justify them being rejected, oftentimes. A movement similar to the 'nice guy' one, or how women leave all the 'good guys' in the friendzone.
    ie. a way of sugarcoating women simply not being interested.

• Well this time it was a woman who brought this up in my other topic...

• so you agree aholes get more than nice guys?

• @Throwaway420 maybe. Nothing more than correlation, in case you're simple enough to think that women actually find being treated like shit as attractive in itself.

• no it's about looks. the end.

• I don't waste time with bad boys, it's a big turn off and to me they seem fake. The only guy I have ever had sex with is the sweet shy guy who wanted commitment.

• disagree. i'm not interested in irresponsible, childish men, in any way, shape, or form.

• But you don't desire to have sex with bad boys... i hate this phrase but you know fuck and chuck them? lol

• especially during your mentral cycle? as this article that someone on my other question posted www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/272697.php

• but masculinity is not equivalent to being a bad boy. bad boys are... pathetic to me. not masculine.

• lol dudes do that too

• I voted C. The only reason to me that women would want to screw the bad boys and not have a relationship with them is because their looks are better than their personalities and bad boys don't give a rat's ass about anyone else other than themselves.

• Actually yes but I personally only do long-term relationships with nice guys. Not into casual sex. there's no consequences today because traditional values aren't upheld anymore so many women forget those values and have babies with losers/manwhores instead of snagging the perfect sweethearted guy that actually will be a great husband/father.

• "Traditional values" were attempts by patriarchal societies to dull female sexuality and avoid false paternity.

With abortion and contraception available these days the incidence of bad boys of children may decreasing anyway.

• Some women are dumb enough to marry bad boys or stay with them for ltr's. So I must disagree. I like fucking both types♡

• disagree. it would have made more sense if you said programmed by society, which would still be false but at least would be more likely than biologically.

• No.

Just no.

Nope.

No.

#Teamgoodguys

• Hardly anyone falls neatly in between these two categories... People are a mixture of good and bad traits.

• Eh... that might apply to some women. Actually, I've seen it applied to some women lol. I want nothing to do with a bad boy. I'd rather have sex and marry a good guy (one guy, I don't do casual sex).

• Honestly, I agree. I know many people will disagree with me here but I am like this. I remember I flirted with many cute bad boys but I was never interested to have a long-term relationship with them. I don't feel like they're ready enough to carry the responsible as a father of my kids soon. I am with a nice virgin guy now who loves and cares for me.

What Guys Said 13

• I disagree - or at least I think it depends.
    I think SOME women are into bad boys but many aren't. In my opinion, @666threesixes666 makes an absolutely great point here: 99% of women are not into bad boys but into stuff like fame, wealth, power, status etc. That's what makes their pussies wet. I do believe that Leonardo diCaprio treats his girlfriends well cuz he seems like a very nice, decent guy. HOWEVER, the point here is that he wouldn't have to treat her nice. Somebody like diCaprio or Jay-Z or even a powerful politician could treat his girlfriend/wife/hookup/groupie/one-night-stand etc. like total shit and she'd still think "he's so cool". Many powerful and famous men can go to the point where they abuse and hit their girls and the girls would still be like "awwww he's so strong and bad-boyish, I really love him!".
    Secondly, I also disagree with @redeyemindtricks because I think she confuses something here. It's very correct that the research she points out does in fact exist. However, being "manly" and being a "bad boy" isn't necessarily the same thing. To give you an example: when I think of a bad boy, I think of a thug. Or maybe a member of the Hells Angels. If I think of a manly men, I think of someone like Arnold Schwarzenegger or Mel Gibson or Matthew McConaughey or even George Clooney. Are these men bad boys? Ehhhh not really! At least not in there private lives (not as far as we know). On the other hand, look at young girls in our generation. There are thousands of women who go totally crazy over K-pop and J-pop male singers, most of which look quite feminine. I doubt many of those girls want to marry a K-pop star. In fact, I know a lot of girls who already have boyfriends but still drool over K-pop stars. Clearly, these girls want to FUCK their favorite star - not because he's manly or even a bad boy but because he's talented and famous and rich. These kind of things make a woman horny.

Furthermore, there's the aspect of sexuality we shouldn't ignore. What women find attractive is not necessarily a bad boy but a guy she can be sexually open and experimental with. This was the case back in 1968 when girls were making free love with guys who let their hair grow and it's still the case now. Women - especially those who want to be single - want to fuck around without feeling bad. This is easier with "bad boys" than we "nice guys" because bad boys don't give a shit and usually not moral preachers. Nice guys are more into monogamous

• relationships. So what do I do if I'm a girl who just wants to have fun? I've got two guys who both like me: a bad boy type of guy that I can just fuck any time and he doesn't give a shit about my personal life or a nice guy type of guy who says stuff like "we can have sex but only if we're starting a real relationship". A girl who doesn't want a real relationship will obviously go for the bad boy.
      And finally, I have a personal example to illustrate that BY FAR not all girls like bad boys. My girlfriend. My girlfriend is herself a very innocent, sweet type of girl and she absolutely HATES bad boys. She gets annoyed about them every time she meets one. Now, you might argue "maybe she's just pretending!" but listen to this: I'm into cuckolding. So I have actually SUGGESTED my girlfriend that she could have sex with any other guy she wants (including bad boys) while I watch her or maybe also while I'm away. I've asked her many times over the last 3 years - she ALWAYS said "no, certainly not!"

• The idea of biological determination to support sexist views is so boring.

And not only that, but "providers" and "bad boys"? Seriously? I would think I would hear such a polarized viewset only from some 16 year old kid who just read some posts from The Red Pill, and nobody was there to tell him about the complexity of social relations and just how ludicrously oversimplified and nonsensical this is from a psychological perspective.

People have emotions and thoughts driving them, saying women are just controlled by whims of "biological programming that override all common sense" is just outright dumb and misogynistic.

• That the definition of "masculine" is very vague. And if you're dating someone you are not physically attracted to by default, then you're dating the wrong person and just leading them on. It's not that surprising that females would be more interested in sex when they are actually fertile, though.

• isn't she going to be fucking her nice husband though lol

• i said i agree in the survey but i kinda don't. girls want to be with a guy that they're awestruck by. a guy that's over them, more powerful than them. they don't necessarily have to be a bad guy, or good guy. many women mistake some douche treating her like shit for a guy with social status, and power. i bet leo decap could be super nice to a girl he likes, and she would accept him. (until she figured out she's got to compete with a million other chicks 24/7, and bows out from stress.) i also bet she would briefly be super happy about him being a nice guy also.

• Hot girls are with hot guys
    Losers n Bitches are lonely
    Grass is green
    Sky is blue

• Sorr but have to partly agree. I see drug dealers and childish pricks that are ugly that are only interested in money and sex surrounded by quite good looking women. I never did understand why they want to be used by them. They are treated like dirt but stay there

I would tear someone like a princess and wouldn't stand a chance. I did always find it odd.

• Disagree.

• It's only true for a small percentage of women.

• I disagree on that, and feel it's a false perception for insecure guys.

• Alpha fucks and beta bucks is so true. Women are promiscuous as teenagers and their 20s, and as soon as they hit their 30s and their looks fade (the wall), they marry a placid beta provider who has lots of money.

• Some girls fuck the good guys and marry the bad boys

• Humans just like everything else is biologically programmed to breed

• there's a predisposition for those traits you named but overriding all that is the brain. people ALWAYS have a choice and are not destined to do ANYTHING by their genes.