Are you happy? Only serious answer please?

If yes, what makes you happy?
If not, then what can make you happy?

As for me, I think happiness is just a state of mind. Sometimes I think it is a choice. Happiness starts in one's self. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd be truly happy if we were still in second half of 20th century... best years for mankind...

Most Helpful Girl

• About 98% of the time I let shit roll off my back, so yeah, I'm happy. If I don't procrastinate then I feel like I'm standing on top of a mountain. It's about knowing who I am, so I don't allow myself to stay down when I feel down. Happiness is definitely a choice. Why stay sad? It's easier to quit, but I would never want to.

What Guys Said 9

• I'm happy. I'm in OK health (steadily losing this excess weight but in good health otherwise), I have started working in my field (education), I have a supportive family and some close friends, earning good money for a single person with no kids, and I genuinely enjoy my job.

Happiness in my opinion is very much a mindset, it is all about thinking about and focusing on the positive, instead of dwelling on the negative.

------

Instead of dwelling on the positive attributes above,

I can dwell on the fact that my car got totaled, still have a large amount of student debt, still live at home with my mom, share a room with my teenage brother and i'm 30 years old, I don't have a girlfriend, haven't dated much because I've been broke a lot the past few years, I have credit card debt and money owed to me due to helping keep close family members from being homeless on the street that hasn't been paid back yet in MANY years, I'm overweight and it is extremely difficult for me to lose weight with my bodytype, regret not keeping better contact with people from high school...
    ...
    ...
    ... but I don't.

----
    .
    ... because i CHOOSE to be happy and focus on the good. :)

• i agree with your statement
    no i'm not happy because having a hard time find a job. and in pain most of the time

• I've never been happy and ill never be happy. ill be serious for my sake and for the sake of this world

• Happiness does start with one's self, and right now i am in a shallow mood actually, i am missing my best friend, she must be sleeping but i miss her.

• I'd be happy to sleep but i don't want to sleep :(

• I've been though many different states of mind. Depressed, frustrated, happy. It depends on my current situation and how much stress I have. Like right now I'm all 3 I mentioned. I'm happy I'm going to school. Frustrated I can't work so I have to rely on my parents due to a full time program and they say not to get a job while yu go to school for the 3 months. And I'm depressed cause I have no mone and get to see everyone else get fucked up on weekends while I'm at home studying.

• Far from it. Maybe for a start not being in a toxic environment. That said would things really improve, I doubt it.

• a second chance with a girl.

• No I hate life and am suicidal.

What makes me happy? Not a single thing in this world.

What Girls Said 3

• Heya!
    i Think you are absolutely correct in what you said. You can't find your happiness in others. For me i LOVE life and i am thoroughly happy. There is no reason for me to be the opposite... too much to live for in life to be sad and sulk. In my opinion.
    great username by the way.. almost the same.
    Take care

• no. but I'm also not sad. so whatevs

• Sometimes but I fight depression so