What decade were you born in? Do you wish you were born in another decade?

• '00s
  • '90s
  • '80s
  • '70s
  • '60s
  • '50s
  • '40s

Most Helpful Guy

• I was born in the F'ing 80's. Yes, I'm so old! Queue the brigade of pipsqueaks that were born in the 00s and are still somehow 25.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was born in the 90's. If I could choose another to be born, I would choose the early 70's, so I could be a teenager in the 80's. I always liked the 80's, even though I wasn't alive at that time.

What Guys Said 27

• I was born in the 70s...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aC2kF6GGHHw

... but I was only alive for 10 months of it, haha. I'm for all intents and purposes an "80s baby"

• i was born in the 80s... if i could've been born in another time i would've liked to have been born in the late 40s (so post WWI and depression) or early 50s so i could have come of age in the mid to late 60s

but i am very happy to have been born in the 80s

• Uh post ww1 racism, sexism not technology quick way to get bored.

• would've had to serve in vietnam... and who'd really want that?

• @Josht11 without having technology would i miss it? like if you don't know pizza doesn't exist do you miss it?

definitely right about the social injustices and the vietnam aspect... although i wouldn't be drafted for service due to different health issues (multiple surgeries, asthma and being a college student)

• I was born in the 90's, but I sure wish it had been back in the 50's.

No mobile phones, not many hours of tv per day, no computers, no computer games, no internet, no GAG.

People had real families who lived and played together. These days, everyone is very insular.

• Also rampant racism and the technologies you listed are great and a real boredom killer if you don't like it get off.

• I wish I was born in the year 2000.

• and I wish I was born a woman not a man.

• @Facepalm I can handle it. Please... Haha

• @Faceplam pfft... You know nothing about me so I do not even take anything you have to say seriously at all lmfao

• Caught the last few months of the 70's. The 80's were an exciting time where everything you take for granted today, from mobile phones to computers, was all just coming out and no one knew how it would all integrate into society. It was an exciting time most of you missed out on.

• I was born in the early 90s but I wish I had been born into 1923 and yes I am well aware of everything that was going on back then.

• 90's and I feel that I should have been born decades later maybe even centuries. I have, when I was in 2nd grade developed the concept and even wrote a thesis on how possibly we could create a quantum engine that could use the "vacuum of space" or background radiation to potentially power a passive block through a tube and use that to just provide a thrust. It was a good idea so good that nasa even thought of it and tested it a decade later.

• I was born in the late 70's but I wish I was born in the 80's or 90's.

• 90's, I like it, I'm old enough and young enough at the same time :D

• Imwas born right at the end of the fifties. I don't think I could have timed it any better.

• Born in the 60's. I'm happy with that. I got to see so many advances in technology and a lot of historical events.

• I was born in the 80s and grew up late 80s into late 90s. Do I wish I was born in a different decade? Perhaps I do sometimes, yes. Which one? I don't know.

• Born in 96, wish I was born in the 50s. Would've been around for the 60s and 70s- muscle cars, cheap gas, great music, no cellphones, computers or internet.

• The internet and cellphones are great inventions and you can still listen to 50's music today.

• @Josht11 I didn't have TV until I was 8, internet until i was 14 or a cell until 16.

• Fair point you are one of those few that may enjoy it more but I have seen lots of people who go on about the 50's when they are constantly on facebook and shit also todays racism is nothing compared to 1950's racism I'm talking actual lynching normal violence and segregation.

• I was born in the 80's and I wish I born in the 00's. Why? Because I would be a lot younger. Lol.

• from 88.
    don't really feel the desire to be born earlier or later

• i wish i was born in 2010-2020 so that i would be able to use Full Dive virtual reality and play Sword Art Online

• Is the poll for what decade we were born in, or for which one we wanted to be born in? lol

• For what one you were born in

• Yes, but I can't be bothered checking everyone's profile and some people fake their age on here, especially the under 18's

• Well, it should be illegal for under 18's to fake their ages on here, honestly. Anyone who fakes their age, I immediately think they're a liar right off the bat, because everytime they post there's a little lie right next to their name

• Born in 95. Wish I was born in the late 50's or early 60's.

• '90s

• Born in the 90's. Would wish to be born in any decade before the 20th century.

• The 20's are not an option, this is an issue for me.

• 300bc

• I'm 90's
    Actually 1991
    And I really like it
    Everything is awesome

• Mid eighties

• 90s and no, it's good

• I was born in 1991 and I fuckin' hate it... ma generation always sucked... it's a generation of shit and I'm not proud to belong there... I really wish I was born somewhere in late 50s or early 60s... I simply have zero thangs in common wid millenials... being in yer 20s in 10s sucks A LOT... I wish I was in ma 20s during 80s... it'd be far better... since fuckin' 10s are against me in any way...

I still wonder wot I've done in ma previous life and I ended up being born in 1991... it must've been something... REALLY REALLY bad...

• For example if I was born in 1960 and in some country like US (not some shitty country like I was born as well)... I'd be old enough to buy all those original awesome computers and retro video-games and I'd have way too many people around to talk about music... widout being considered a weirdo right now... since most people ma age don't even know those names of those bands I listen to... and they were fairly popular back then... imagine how stupid millenials are...

Also I'd have a good chance to meet many of those guys and see 'em live when they were 20-30... now most of 'em are 55-60 and they are retired most of 'em... or if they play they are old and their capabilities have faded away unfortunately...

• And lives were even better back then... they didn't have phones...

Now every moron carries a phone and live concerts've became shitty as fuck... phones should be banned from live concerts...

• If you're anything other than a white male you probably won't want to go back to anything before the 1970's lol

• in the US at least lol, i'd be fine with the 50s in africa

• @ashisimo there was also a guerrilla war en.wikipedia.org/.../Italian_guerrilla_war_in_Ethiopia

• still didn't leak into the 50s

What Girls Said 19

• 60's seem like a good decade to be born - considering everything.
    The younger the kids are these days the stupider they are - their parents make excuses for them so they think being stupid isn't a big deal. It is.

• Sometimes I wish I was born in the 40s because the fashion was incredible but then I remember all the opportunities that I've had because I was born in the 90s instead. Had I been born in the 40s, I would have been married off for a herd of goats in a tiny village in Italy at the age of 16 and popped out a bunch of babies by my age.

• 90s baby

• I was born in the 90's and over all I'm happy with that... However I do wish that I was born earlier in the 90's vs. the very end where I don't remember anything and am more of a 00's child than anything else.

• I wish I was born in the late 70s, so I could experience the 80s and 90s (well, remember the 90s better).

• I'm a 1990 baby. I'm fine with it. :)

• Late 80's. I grew up in the 90's and early 00's which I love, but I'm also an old soul. I would've loved the be around in like 60's and 70's just for the music alone.

• I was born in 1995. So 90's

• 90s kid here, those were the best times. <3 But I sometimes think I belong to the 60s though lol

• 1990s.
    Not necessarily. I just wish traditional values were still here. Like the 80s.

• Born in the 70's. I missed the 80's by 2 months which pretty much sucks.

• late 90s, i'm glad i was because i got to have a childhood sans high tech gadgets yet i still have the future ahead of me. i wouldn't want to be born in any other decade because the future is now :D

• I was born in the 20s lol

• I was born in the late 90s. Nope wouldn't want to be born in another decade.

• Born in the 90s but have an old soul that longs for the 20s.

• I wish I was born in the 2000's.

• 80s, man I feel old lol

• I was born in late '98. :)

• I was born in the 90s.